Sports that you don't consider sports

6 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I wouldn't want to try it, I'll stick to sports.
There is absolutely no skill involved in American rugby, im sorry im having none of that. I really don't see any skill involved in ice hockey except from the skating itself which is really just a past time isn't it?

:lol:

You're an idiot.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of posters getting very protective over their fucking atrocious sports. American football ffs. What a load of utter shite. 

I thought this until about 2 year ago.

Up there beside football for me now.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I thought this until about 2 year ago.

Up there beside football for me now.

Yes but you're a monumental ring piece so I care very little for your opinion. 

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think so, I was 8-12 living in Sweden at the time. There was a pond nearby and neighbours used to hose water on any available space to let kids skate and play ice hockey. Having never skated before having full body protection with the kit and a stick to hold onto was a boon. Piece of pish.

Sounds like a job for Gunther

I once questioned the sporting merit of the average American football player and was told that their having to remember strategies and set plays was a mark of their ability. Memory. Being able to run twenty yards in a given direction. Pish.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I once questioned the sporting merit of the average American football player and was told that their having to remember strategies and set plays was a mark of their ability. Memory. Being able to run twenty yards in a given direction. Pish.

This could be the talk from an Air Steward before take off.

Sports need 2 elements: athleticism and skill.

Track athletics ticks the athleticism box but there's no skill involved in running fast. Track athletes might be great athletes but they're not sports people.

Darts and snooker? There's loads of skill but no athleticism. Also not sports.

I'd argue that anything that relies too heavily on either athleticism or skill and that doesnt need a proper balance between the 2 isnt a sport. American football falls somewhere in between - the QB and receivers are clearly both very athletic and highly skilled. The majority of the offensive and defensive players? Some are highly athletic. Some really aren't. But is spotting a gap between opposition players to try to get through to sack a QB really a skill? Or running fast to try to keep up with a wide receiver and blocking their pass interception?

Cricket is shite played by posh English people and the former colonies they played it in, good only for public mewlings when said colonies dare to beat them at it. Load of shite.

It's more popular in Scotland than you would think.

31 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Track athletics ticks the athleticism box but there's no skill involved in running fast. 

Maybe not in the sprints but in the longer races the runners have to pace themselves and know when exactly to break for the finish,

Archived