Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Outgoing dayglo sports editor up to a bit of mischief.

Pathetic. IMO.

Any sports journalist that can cause Dundee FC to lose £354k is some guy/gal/non binary person IMO.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Any sports journalist that can cause Dundee FC to lose £354k is some guy/gal/non binary person IMO.

Dundee's fans are still hanging round at stage 1 (denial) while we have moved on and are now at stage 4 (depression). Always ahead of them.

20 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Dundee's fans are still hanging round at stage 1 (denial) while we have moved on and are now at stage 4 (depression). Always ahead of them.

TBF, some of them are still in denial about their admins 1 and 2...

9 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What is everyone thinking?

That I can't decide what team to support when United and Dundee merge. I'll either go totally baws out as a Forfar Ultra or I might become an Angus nomad and rotate every week. Arbroath have the best pies and the Forfar Bridies at the ground are quite disappointing. My hero Sean Dillon is at Montrose and Brechin have one of the strangest grounds you are likely to visit as a  football fan. I really can't decide. My 92 year-old granddad yesterday announced to me that I am inheriting his 270 shares in Ross County so I might just move to Dingwall.

Wouldn't be bothered about a ground share. 

I'd rather both teams died and a seperate new team took their place than an actual merger. I'd probably support neither of these though.

Thankfully neither of the teams will go under. I'm not gonna sit and indulge in what is akin to crowd wanking when it comes to DFC making a loss. Both teams have now sold players for fairly significant sums in the last few seasons where the money has been spunked away.

United specifically should have invested heavily in youth development, seems we've totally ignored that and we're in a bad position now with the youth teams.

9 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

As it's now both Dundee teams that are mired in financial difficulties, and not for the first time, is it not about time this problem was resolved once and for all with a team merger. After all, the city isn't really big enough to support two teams. Such a team would need to start at the lowest tier mind, but given time you feel they really could be a force in the Championship.

#believe

Dundee's at least twice the size of Paisley.

That I can't decide what team to support when United and Dundee merge. I'll either go totally baws out as a Forfar Ultra or I might become an Angus nomad and rotate every week. Arbroath have the best pies and the Forfar Bridies at the ground are quite disappointing. My hero Sean Dillon is at Montrose and Brechin have one of the strangest grounds you are likely to visit as a  football fan. I really can't decide. My 92 year-old granddad yesterday announced to me that I am inheriting his 270 shares in Ross County so I might just move to Dingwall.

Too say I'm dumbfounded is an understatement. What s a rang we The Glebe ? Granted it s nay the San Siro but it's neat and tidy .
Tannadice in all honesty s a strange set up with its legoland stands but I thinks it's a great place to watch footy on an immaculate surface .

Too say I'm dumbfounded is an understatement. What s a rang we The Glebe ? Granted it s nay the San Siro but it's neat and tidy .
Tannadice in all honesty s a strange set up with its legoland stands but I thinks it's a great place to watch footy on an immaculate surface .

It was meant to read as a positive! I love going to Brechin (although avoid the stand behind the goal because it’s usually covered in bird poo).

3 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

We could always do the traditional thing and support Man United. emoji850.png

We’re looking at a holiday/retirement place that’s only 5 hours on the train to Barcelona.  That’s a journey I could see me doing every second week.  :)

I like the idea of becoming a footballing nomad and just taking in different grounds with no allegiances. Sounds like a good way to enjoy football minus the stress. The Mrs and I enjoy going to random games in England if we're away for a weekend, and it's always interesting just taking in the atmosphere etc regardless of the result or standard of football on show. I suppose it means missing out on the (very) occasional good times though. 

Otherwise East Fife can count on another new fan after our inexorable slide into oblivion is complete.

It was meant to read as a positive! I love going to Brechin (although avoid the stand behind the goal because it’s usually covered in bird poo).

I suppose your right .Hopefully get a game next week I'm guessing it ll be doubtful just now but get a better idea midweek .

Archived