Dundee United 2017/2018

We’re looking at a holiday/retirement place that’s only 5 hours on the train to Barcelona.  That’s a journey I could see me doing every second week.  [emoji4]

You will never be short of friends wi that gig [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the idea of becoming a footballing nomad and just taking in different grounds with no allegiances. Sounds like a good way to enjoy football minus the stress. The Mrs and I enjoy going to random games in England if we're away for a weekend, and it's always interesting just taking in the atmosphere etc regardless of the result or standard of football on show. I suppose it means missing out on the (very) occasional good times though. 
Otherwise East Fife can count on another new fan after our inexorable slide into oblivion is complete.

You and me both matey.......from the Terrors to East Fife, Social climbers or what [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

17 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What is everyone thinking?

I wouldn't support a merged Dundee team, more down to laziness than any point of principle. My local team is Hibs, so...nah. I'd probably start going to see Edinburgh City or Spartans. 

I wouldn't support a merged Dundee team, more down to laziness than any point of principle. My local team is Hibs, so...nah. I'd probably start going to see Edinburgh City or Spartans. 

Spartans every time............always a good feeling around that club. No Thomson-ness around that boardroom .

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

We’re looking at a holiday/retirement place that’s only 5 hours on the train to Barcelona.  That’s a journey I could see me doing every second week.  :)

That's money you could be investing in the club, thus allowing the potential takeover headline:

DANGER FOR CHAIRMAN!!!!

13 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Spartans every time............always a good feeling around that club. No Thomson-ness around that boardroom .

They have a great set up there, would fully expect them to be a league club in the next few years. Maybe even next year.

I have to say that I don’t know what I’d do if we were to merge with the wee team.

The only way I could see myself supporting the new team would be if we reformed under the new name of Dundee United FC, played in T&B and had our home games at Tannadice.

I think there is a lot of catastrophisation afoot as well as some mischief making on all sides about the fate of professional football in Dundee, and this is always going to happen when there is no actual football being played, so nothing else to talk/moan about.

Also, there are some people who don’t like us very much, who are always going to have fun at our expense, which is fair enough.

Despite how utter dugshite we have been playing, looking forward to getting back to Tannadice on a regular basis. Feels like I haven’t been in months.:(

I wouldn't support a merged team. Then after about a year I would start missing Saturday afternoons on the bevvy at a game and would end up going along. Pointless suggestion though as any merged team would still be bottom six fodder.

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I wouldn't support a merged team. Then after about a year I would start missing Saturday afternoons on the bevvy at a game and would end up going along. Pointless suggestion though as any merged team would still be bottom six fodder.

Bottom six eh????

We can but dream..........

If Dundee died or we merged with you lot, I certainly wouldn't support the new entity.

I'd be in a weird position of being able to 'choose' who I supported. If I had any sense about me, I'd just become a glory hunter. Glory hunting in Scotland means lending your support to one of the bigot brothers though so I'd ultimately end up plumping for Arbroath or Forfar and subjecting myself to more misery.

Either that or I'd just pack it in.

Yeah. And we're already bottom six . So in the words of that famous Finish football philosopher.....Mixu
"What's the point" ?

If Dundee died or we merged with you lot, I certainly wouldn't support the new entity.

I'd be in a weird position of being able to 'choose' who I supported. If I had any sense about me, I'd just become a glory hunter. Glory hunting in Scotland means lending your support to one of the bigot brothers though so I'd ultimately end up plumping for Arbroath or Forfar and subjecting myself to more misery.

Either that or I'd just pack it in.

It's gotta be Forfar, better choice of boozers and Gayfields always feckin freezing.

I absolutely don't get why you wouldn't support a merged dundee side. sell both old dated stadiums in city centre get one new 20000 spanking new stadium merge training facilities staff teams etc and challenge the top teams in Scotland. as a falkirk fan we lost brockville which everyone was upset about at the time however things move on. the new stadium as get a great view and have better facilities. I would have had no problem merging with stenhousemuir or east stirling if they brought a stadium sale to the deal and their few hundred fans even if it meant a name change

I absolutely don't get why you wouldn't support a merged dundee side. sell both old dated stadiums in city centre get one new 20000 spanking new stadium merge training facilities staff teams etc and challenge the top teams in Scotland. as a falkirk fan we lost brockville which everyone was upset about at the time however things move on. the new stadium as get a great view and have better facilities. I would have had no problem merging with stenhousemuir or east stirling if they brought a stadium sale to the deal and their few hundred fans even if it meant a name change

I think the avatar says it all.........shssss now the adults are talking.

I think the avatar says it all.........shssss now the adults are talking.
seriously not trying to be controversial but one dundee club is fighting relegation every year the other is looking at another in the championship both ate constantly living under the shadow of administration rumours and having visited both stadiums in the past 12 months both are very tired. would any of the dundee clubs fans be for this or is everyone against it? things should be better for a city the size of dundee. if it's a new mutually agreed stadium team name and strip what is there to lose?

Archived