Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not ignoring any blatant facts, you’re being ridiculous. To even suggest the things you are is showing a massive bias, not sure how you cannot see that.

Hughes got Falkirk promoted, then kept them in the league for 4 seasons, a Scottish Cup Final and a European place... and you’re blaming him for them being relegated a full season after he left them. Maybe, just maybe it was Eddie May or Steven Presley’s fault.

Hughes had a decent first season at Hibs, 4th and Europe, second season he got off to a terrible start but was quickly sacked, they get relegated the season AFTER, about 20 month later..

Livingston no idea what happened there but the Hartlepool gig was one he went into when the team hadn’t won in over 20 games. Silly job to take on.

ICT. Got them into Europe, 3rd place in the Premiership (highest ever finish for them surely?) final of a League Cup, Scottish Cup winners and you’re banging on about them being relegated the season after he left.. when Ritchie Foran took over in May.

Raith, had an absolute shocker.

I’m the one ignoring blatant facts? Is a guy with that kind of record really that bad? That bad that he shouldn’t be in the frame for getting a gig in the Scottish Championship? Seriously.

Also, maybe the clubs have ended up worse for him not being there? Just a thought. I don’t believe that but then again I don’t believe he had anything to do with clubs being relegated a long time after he had left either.
agreed. it wasn't Hughes fault we got relegated (although some say it was due to ageing team and money spent) we appointed Eddie may as manager who had no 1st team managerial experience and started the season with no 'recognised strikers. then we hung onto him too long and gave pressley the job who only had to win 1 of our last 5 games and failed to do so...all hardly Hughes fault

Livingston no idea what happened there but the Hartlepool gig was one he went into when the team hadn’t won in over 20 games. Silly job to take on.

He wasn't quite the unmitigated disaster that some Livi fans would have you believe. That said, there won't be many Livi supporters who will forgot the god awful day at East End Park when we were three down in jig time due to his tactics being shredded by the opposition. He had then, and still has, no plan B.

He also jumped ship for the first offer that came along. That it turned out to be ratshit gave me a wee bit of pleasure, I'll admit.

Anyway, should you guys be employing him? Who knows. One things for sure, what I saw on Friday showed me that Lazslo might just have lost the dressing room, and is probably too deluded to even notice.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Apologies but was getting sick of looking at Ian McCall's sour face on the app. 

Eta - and like this season it just won't go away.

c404b96cc1e9db02409d57e508fed635.jpg.e9960497ee373c2990ee19a683abdc81.jpg

Is that our new centre half pair? Big improvement imo.

This emergency loan system is great!

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Is that our new centre half pair? Big improvement imo.

This emergency loan system is great!

Equally big on the diddy front but immeasurably more pleasing on the eye...

On 27/02/2018 at 15:39, ekfootball said:

The appointment of Laszlo has been what expected, absolutely shambolic. Surely McIntyre & Dodds were a far better option.  Even Allan Johnston & Sandy Clark, David Hopkirk, John Hughes,, Christ even Ian McCall would be better.

You're welcome to our management team

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:06, RandomGuy. said:

You're just absolutely desperate to ignore blatant facts and I've no idea why. John Hughes'only successes have been short term, and the club ends up worse off by the time he's left. 

Sot on, Hughes talks a good game and folk who haven't any experience of him managing their team believe it, and only see stats from clubs where he inherited a good squad of players, doing well in spite of him. You only have to look at the state these clubs fell into a season or two after he left to see the damage he does, but because it wasn't during his tenure folk just ignore those stats. One thing for sure, he isn't the manager you'd want at a struggling club, no danger he'd get Utd out of a mess, he'd def make it even worse there.

Archived