• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

Posted (edited)

I didn't really follow much of the concerts fiasco, but am I right in thinking that if Caley had hired an experienced events company to run it, and the club had just taken a share of the ticket money like most venues, it's possible that nobody would have been shafted and Caley might have been quids in?

Speaking this morning prior to this morning’s huge concert announcement, Chairman Ross Morrison said “At our last AGM, I spoke about our intention to help the football club by putting the Caledonian Stadium back on the concert circuit. Unfortunately the pandemic saw the first two planned events cancelled last when we lost the Westlife and Sir Tom Jones concerts to the lockdown. This was just another financial blow in a difficult year for everyone.

Undeterred by these setbacks, 10 months ago, Scot and I set about establishing ICT Concert Co to help us take our concert future into our own hands and with the full support of our Board of Directors, we made first contact with the management of Andrea Bocelli as we thought we should shoot for the very top. 

I am so proud that we can make today’s announcement and I know how important it will be to the football club and the city of Inverness going forward. I am doubly proud that the Board has again supported our inclusion of Highland Hospice as our charity beneficiaries of the night as it is so close to the hearts of everyone at the club and the region. The concert will be fantastic and I look forward to a very special evening.”

Ross is no doubt a successful businessman but it might not have qualified him and Scot to reinvent themselves overnight into musical impresarios and gig organisers. The talent and their managers doubtless did well out of it.

https://ictfc.com/ict-concert-co-launched-with-global-superstar/

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, RiG said:

So GTF Day is here. Do we get this thread moved to the League One forum or start a new one?

Wish you'd started a new one, I've just read through about 4 pages before noticing they were dated 2017. 

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Well we're back after some years away.

Robbie Williams was at the peak of his career singing millennium last time we were in League 1 now he's middle aged and singing about cats & we're back to the seaside leagues lovely...