"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

18 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Have there been any glimpses of, or words from, Duncan Ferguson?

You know, Duncan? Ferguson? Big guy. Striker. Everton. Jail. Forest Green Rovers.

Hopefully not.  I was discussing this over the weekend, I hope the Kelty move being off and the fact that we'll have to play the youngsters more has put him off and he resigns.  

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Shane Sutherland has signed for Brora in the most obvious signing in football history.

3rd imo after Hartley going back to Cove once being found out as a management fraud elsewhere and then Duncan Ferguson signing his son for next season at the Caley

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

You know, Duncan? Ferguson? Big guy. Striker. Everton. Jail. Forest Green Rovers.

Trying to get the deposit back for his beachside villa on the Fife Coast probably. 

Edited by welshbairn

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Preseason training starts tomorrow I believe. That’ll be some laugh.

A week today I've just been told by a players relative.

That's going to be some laugh League Cup kicks off in 26 days & we're starting pre season training next week with just under 3 weeks to go. Surely there's gotta to be players updates coming soon... do we even have a goalkeeper that's not some 16/17 year old from Millburn Academy. 

Will be very interesting to see what the squad will look like against Annan that's for sure.

8 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Hopefully he's headed back south.

League Cup has pretty much just been pre-season for us since relegation anyway. Don’t think we’ve advanced since relegation. Only difference here is that we could be on the end of some incredibly embarrassing results.

56 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

League Cup has pretty much just been pre-season for us since relegation anyway. Don’t think we’ve advanced since relegation. Only difference here is that we could be on the end of some incredibly embarrassing results.

I’m sure we made it through a couple of seasons ago and were suitably pumped by Motherwell in the next round but yeah it’s going to be used instead of friendlies for game time for the players.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

Most of the usual friendlies are non-event cuffings given to HL teams anyway.

It'll make a nice change for Caley to be on the receiving end of the cuffings this year then.

I’ve always thought exclusively playing shite HL teams for preseason friendlies is always a terrible way to prepare for the new season.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It'll make a nice change for Caley to be on the receiving end of the cuffings this year then.

Um, It's 'The Caley'?

11 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

We progressed out of the group stages in 2022/23 and were thumped by Motherwell 4 - 0 :geek 

10 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Most of the usual friendlies are non-event cuffings given to HL teams anyway.

Thats in the past, now we have Big Dunc came in and his connections to Don Carlo

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

What makes you say that?

What does "cuffing" slang mean?
"Cuffing" simply means to get into a relationship. "Cuffing season" specifically refers to winter, when you'd want someone to snuggle with while it's colder outside. Example sentence: “It seems like everyone's in a relationship right now. Cuffing season must be upon us.”

4 hours ago, RiG said:

We progressed out of the group stages in 2022/23 and were thumped by Motherwell 4 - 0 :geek 

Completely forgot about that. We’ll be lucky to get a point this year I’d imagine.