"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

27 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think you'll find that THIS is the shocker of all shockers on this thread.  

26 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Let's not forget, we're the reason you got relegated last season.  And don't take our word for it, its the opinion of your manager.  Basically, we're apparently the reason you're in this state.  Doesn't get much more relevant than that.

Off you pop.

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

What has happened to the directors writing off these loans?

I thought that was all sorted but by the sounds of it Ketan is back on the scene because Morrison etc are trying to do anything possible to avoid Admin so they get their money back.

Savage would put us in Admin tomorrow if he could IMO.

So who is responsible for the crowd funding campaign, whose whole goal is postponing admin for an entire month as far as I can tell? Because that money is just going to end up straight in the administrators pockets at the end of the day so it just seems a massive waste. If there was a chance of a new owner on the horizon that'd obviously be another matter, but the board's own assessment is that this is "aspirational" while the club is as debt-laden as it is.

I'm really quite confused by the crowd funding bit. Obviously it's not my money being thrown into a pit, but it does an exercise in futility.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6596639/ketan-makwana-back-caley-thistle-frame/

Is Morrison actually trying to make the Club go under, why is he putting a man who demonstrably had not funds available of any kind a month ago back in touch with the club. It's not like he's going to have phygitally created a new full bank account. Or is he going to ask someone else for money?

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

GoFundMe’s just hit 20k, fair play to anyone’s that’s donated but think it’s pissing against the wind 

The main benefit I can conceive of is that it might show a potential new owner (no you, Ketan) that there is a fanbase and community which still backs the club to the hilt, and is therefore something which you can utilise if you manage it properly. Plus I suppose even 20k less debt is something. 

11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

GoFundMe’s just hit 20k, fair play to anyone’s that’s donated but think it’s pissing against the wind 

Ketan comes back, empties it an f**ks off again.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

24 minutes ago, forkboy said:

So who is responsible for the crowd funding campaign, whose whole goal is postponing admin for an entire month as far as I can tell? Because that money is just going to end up straight in the administrators pockets at the end of the day so it just seems a massive waste. If there was a chance of a new owner on the horizon that'd obviously be another matter, but the board's own assessment is that this is "aspirational" while the club is as debt-laden as it is.

I'm really quite confused by the crowd funding bit. Obviously it's not my money being thrown into a pit, but it does an exercise in futility.

Officially it is the club so the directors but, and this is all guesswork, in reality it’s Morrison (ex-chairman). We still seem to owe him plus other ex-directors millions of pounds which would be wiped out by Administration. He must still have “friends” at the club who can push this crowdfunding campaign. This is also why Ketan is back in the mix. They need to keep the club out of Administration to get their money back.

Savage probably sees Admin as the best option. Debts get wiped out for pennies on the pound and he comes in to take over the club full time. It might mean dropping to league 2 but he would keep us alive and then look to get us up to the championship.

Its a complete f**king mess, staying the obvious.

I won’t be sticking anything into the crowdfunding as you say it will either keep us alive for an extra few months or just go straight to the administrators anyway.

It’s a ridiculous situation where I think Administration is the best option. Get it done now and once we are hopefully on the other side I would be delighted to get some cash chucked into a crowdfunder to help the club.

From a selfish point of view it's good to see a rival weakened, but as a football fan it's hard to see fans of other clubs go through this kind of pain.

If I was an ICT fan I'd be wary of paying money direct to the Club as that could be a waste of money if it goes into administration.  A better approach would be to set up a trust which could accumulate funds and drip feed cash to the Club to meet bills as they fall due.  If the Club avoids administration the trust can release any remaining funds to the Club.  If the Club does go into administration the trustees can talk to the administrators about the best us of remaining funds.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

IMG_6027.thumb.png.99d600b61facbb59bc99dab26c0930b8.png

Checked out Ketan’s LinkedIn page and he’s done a Ted talk holding a baseball bat :lol:

Think we’ve been too hasty beforehand

I watched that, and it's about blue sky thinking to solve Canada's problem of snow overloading power cables by sending all their employees out with baseball bats to bash telegraph polls. It obviously didn't work so they sent a guy in a helicopter to try and bash them from the top. That didn't work either but they found the helicopter downdraft was quite good at knocking the snow off the cables. So the lesson is, don't let anyone who comes out with a Ted talk like that anywhere near your football club.