"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

if they were to go on and lose a lot of their players in the next month / two months then not sure how they recover from that. 

probably play very negative defensive football to avoid loosing games in the hope we can draw our way back from a 15 point deficit.....................

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

When Stuart "wings" Campbell lost his defamation case against Kezia Dugdale, the judge said that, even if he had found in Campbell's favour, the damages would have been no more than £100 given that his reputation was already in tatters. Same applies here imo.

Wings makes Gardiner look like a reasonable, solid and dependable guy tbh.

He’ll also have zero sources for stories now Salmond is no longer with us.

9 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Yes that sounds correct. However, Savage can also argue that his defamatory statements were his “honest opinion” meaning that from the evidence obtained, an honest/reasonable person could argue that his statements are true based on the relevant facts. So, (obviously depending on what Savage exactly said), if the negligence is true to the extent that some on here are claiming, there could very well be a good chance that Savage could be successful in defending the action.

Cue most P&B posters being called as witnesses that Savage’s opinions were arguably true.

On the other coming event, should ICT cease to participate in the League, the SPFL has near carte blanche to decide if scores are erased, replaced with deemed scores, a mix, etc, etc. While this circumstance seems thankfully remote, reading how poorly that rule is crafted is concerning.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Please pay little attention to it. He does the same with Arbroath fans too. 

Anyway… deadline day is Wednesday? What kind of timeline appears if administration is confirmed?

Actually think Charlie Reilly could really make a huge impact on Inverness as a team they were good at Gayf and Saturdays result was good too but if they were to go on and lose a lot of their players in the next month / two months then not sure how they recover from that. 

Think he's crocked yet again, maybe an ICT can confirm.

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think he's crocked yet again, maybe an ICT can confirm.

Ffs. The guy has got absolutely no luck at all, wonder if his body cannot cope with the FT football. He’s a good player like, can’t believe the size of him too, pacey and powerful and clever footballer but just feels like he will never make it if this keeps up.

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

This will sound horrible, but is it worth donating to the GoFundme? I've heard contradicting views 

The ICT fans on here seem to think Savage wants administration, and many of them agree, which is fine, so why donate to try and stave off the inevitable?

Better to wait for this "pre pack administration" , which Savage will apparently be controlling.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Cue most P&B posters being called as witnesses that Savage’s opinions were arguably true.

On the other coming event, should ICT cease to participate in the League, the SPFL has near carte blanche to decide if scores are erased, replaced with deemed scores, a mix, etc, etc. While this circumstance seems thankfully remote, reading how poorly that rule is crafted is concerning.

I think that's fair enough TBH, the circumstances of when a club stops playing games is that varied I don't think you can have specifics for every circumstance.

For that reason the spfl will do absolutely everything it can to make sure someone makes it to the end of the season, they don't want to deal with the mess.

Edit- I still firmly believe that cally will survive.

Edited by parsforlife

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

This will sound horrible, but is it worth donating to the GoFundme? I've heard contradicting views 

I didn't contribute and I know quite a number of fans who also didn't/ won't because it's totally unclear what the point is other than staving off administration for a few weeks then we're back where we started.  

The club have never tried to explain further. I feel the club only did it, so they can say that they tried. 

11 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

If this goes to court there is a risk Savage will loose as SG is (allegedly) a huge orange mason regardless whether the points he is making are correct or agreeable.

There’s nothing alleged about it.  He’s as of that ilk as it’s possible to be.  

33 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I didn't contribute and I know quite a number of fans who also didn't/ won't because it's totally unclear what the point is other than staving off administration for a few weeks then we're back where we started.  

The club have never tried to explain further. I feel the club only did it, so they can say that they tried. 

Panos Thomas started the fundraiser before he resigned and he was in cahoots with Makwana, Gardiner and an increasingly desperate Morrison. Savage said he'd cover the costs of taking the club through administration, so any contributions would presumably help him with that, but he's appeared sceptical about soliciting funds until the fate of the club is settled. 

*some of the above is more assumption than fact. 

I was listening to Radio Scotland on Saturday and they have raised the question over the legality of using any go fund me money for the purpose it is intended. Apparently there is a legal argument on the go over it. I know nothing about it, only passing on what they discussed.

30 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I was listening to Radio Scotland on Saturday and they have raised the question over the legality of using any go fund me money for the purpose it is intended. Apparently there is a legal argument on the go over it. I know nothing about it, only passing on what they discussed.

Aye you would think that if the money is used for anything other than "Saving the Club" then we'd potentially be in trouble on that front. Paying the admin fees may fall into that bracket though.

Hopefully none of our directors have a penchant for campervans.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

18 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

If the club goes in to administration, can someone else other than current shareholders buy it from the administrators?

Yes. However I found it interesting that when we went into admin that it wasn't actually automatic that shares were up for sale. Masterton took some 'encouragement' to hand his over. We also still have many shareholders from pre-admin, most of which we don't have a f**king clue who they belong too cos last we knew someone brought a fivers worth of shares in 1925 and didn't consider it worthwhile putting it in their will.  Even if a descendent found the share certificate then they'll figure their 0.0025% share in a loss making company isn't worth bothering over.

From my understanding the administrators don't own the business, they just run it and then engage with interested parties on who can offer a package that can take the business out of administration.  But if current shareholders won't release their shares to a new owner they are offered 2 choices,  1. Sell you're shares for f**k all and the business survives.  2. Don't sell your shares and the business dies and you have no shares in anything.     Either way your f**ked as a shareholder and given there's a strong chance(and in Inverness case nearly certain) that you are also a creditor then it makes sense to release shares to let admin proceed.

The worrying thing about ICT is that some of the creditors/ex-diirectors own the land surrounding the stadium outright, and have a floating charge on all the club's assets as well. All the land is on a long term lease from the council, so they couldn't automatically sell it or change it's purpose, but the council hasn't shown itself to be football friendly whatsoever in recent times, so IKEA or some freezone related project might not be dismissed out of hand, 

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Absolutely not.

No guarantee it will achieve a thing and they have already pretty much admitted the begging bowl would just be out again in a few months anyway.

Even if you’re flush with cash then there are a thousand better causes that would be delighted to receive your donation.