"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, Connor Macleod said:

If you makes you feel better I can count how many goals St Johnstone scored today 

And by the end of the season there is a high chance you will able to use the same number to say how many leagues below the team St Johnstone played you are now. 

35 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That's possibly the most misleading headline in the inept history of sports journalism, when you look at him saying nothing of the sort in the quotes.

The Courier have been churning out misleading clickbait junk for some time now so it's no surprise another effort appear that's of similar quality. 

1 hour ago, Connor Macleod said:

🤣🤣OK buddy forgot to use a full stop call the grammar police & take me away.

I AM the grammar police, punk. But it was in my capacity as the Irony, Hypocrisy and Self Awareness Officer that I pulled you aside earlier this evening for taking it upon yourself to incorrectly police someone else's maths. I'm now going to hand you over to the Department of It's All Way Over His Head.

Good evening, and enjoy your apparent Highland bragging rights.

Ben Affleck Mind Blown GIF by PBS SoCal

Unsurprised that Ferguson kept talking about how the players were doing it “for him” just like they only signed “for him”.

The man’s ego is astounding. Even when he works for free, he still needs to make sure he tells all the reporters about it so he gets the headlines.

3 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

ExiledLichtie desperately trying to wrestle his crown back from the recently arrived pair of Falkirk simpletons

@Shodwall cat holds the all comers title as the biggest roaster on the board. His performance during the Falkirk thread a few years ago was majestic. He was Shadwell dog then but he was identified as a wrong'un with police involved. But here he is thinly disguised as a stalwart of fiscal probity.

22 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Our Supporters Trust man, honestly. 'Yes, the club's going into administration - but check out this new beer!'

image.thumb.png.1e055e05b09e00039f5aa486877a8918.png

Where's your blitz spirit? That's cracking news in the midst of random bombs and rumours dropping all over the place. Huge kudos to the Supporters Trust and Dog Falls for a well needed moral boost during a time of fear and uncertainty. I'm not even a the Caley fan FFS!

22 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Our Supporters Trust man, honestly. 'Yes, the club's going into administration - but check out this new beer!'

image.thumb.png.1e055e05b09e00039f5aa486877a8918.png

Not really sure I see what they've done wrong here. Within a few weeks, they seem to have revitalised the stadium bar and also created a positive link with a local business, all while bringing in some extra money for the club. Plus also opening a dialog with the current CEO and (interim) Chairman allowing fans to directly ask questions and make suggestions around the club inc the inevitable administration.

This is more than Morrison/Gardiner achieved in half a decade. 

All these things would have been almost incomprehensible a few months ago. 

What exactly more can they do under the circumstances? 

6 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Not really sure I see what they've done wrong here. Within a few weeks, they seem to have revitalised the stadium bar and also created a positive link with a local business, all while bringing in some extra money for the club. Plus also opening a dialog with the current CEO and (interim) Chairman allowing fans to directly ask questions and make suggestions around the club inc the inevitable administration.

This is more than Morrison/Gardiner achieved in half a decade. 

All these things would have been almost incomprehensible a few months ago. 

What exactly more can they do under the circumstances? 

It's more the composition of the statement, which reads as though they're equating the works to the stadium bar as being as important as the immediate massive issues and job losses facing the club. A summary of the meeting being provided "in a few days" also seems to downplay the fact that we will be going in to admin on Monday morning.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

@Shodwall cat holds the all comers title as the biggest roaster on the board. His performance during the Falkirk thread a few years ago was majestic. He was Shadwell dog then but he was identified as a wrong'un with police involved. But here he is thinly disguised as a stalwart of fiscal probity.

His inability to see similarities between financial losses of clubs is up there with Ross County fan levels. Certainly battling hard to be the biggest thicko on this thread.

14 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

It's more the composition of the statement, which reads as though they're equating the works to the stadium bar as being as important as the immediate massive issues and job losses facing the club. A summary of the meeting being provided "in a few days" also seems to downplay the fact that we will be going in to admin on Monday morning.

I don't think they're equating anything tbh. Just trying to improve things within the small margins of their own control.

Getting info within ' a few days' is perfectly reasonable considering it's a small group of volunteers with jobs, families and other commitments. 

I believe that the AGM for the Supporters Trust is coming up soon and in all seriousness, if you feel you can significantly improve their effectiveness you should put yourself forward and get on the board. They always seem to be looking for more assistance. 

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I don't think they're equating anything tbh. Just trying to improve things within the small margins of their own control.

Getting info within ' a few days' is perfectly reasonable considering it's a small group of volunteers with jobs, families and other commitments. 

I believe that the AGM for the Supporters Trust is coming up soon and in all seriousness, if you feel you can significantly improve their effectiveness you should put yourself forward and get on the board. They always seem to be looking for more assistance. 

I don't doubt they are doing their best and agree that any improvements to the matchday experience are to be welcomed, as is the improved engagement with board members. It's frustrating at a time like this that there isn't a fan organisation with more teeth that could've held the incompetents who have been in charge to account in a more effective way - the future seat on the board will obviously be a big step to ensure they're not limited to just tinkering round the edges. As a member who doesn't live in Inverness my ability to contribute would be limited, but I will look into the positions that are available as even a volunteer organisation needs to step up their approach to communication at a time like this.

6 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I don't doubt they are doing their best and agree that any improvements to the matchday experience are to be welcomed, as is the improved engagement with board members. It's frustrating at a time like this that there isn't a fan organisation with more teeth that could've held the incompetents who have been in charge to account in a more effective way - the future seat on the board will obviously be a big step to ensure they're not limited to just tinkering round the edges. As a member who doesn't live in Inverness my ability to contribute would be limited, but I will look into the positions that are available as even a volunteer organisation needs to step up their approach to communication at a time like this.

Their comms and visibility have greatly improved over the past year. I'm not on the board (though I was many years ago in the happier days). However I know they have been trying for years to get the club to listen to them and to engage in some kind of dialogue but basically Gardiner (he didn't want to hear about negative thing's) refused to speak with them and the rest of the ICT board did their usual as in nothing at all. Only when Scott Young came along did things begin to slowly improve. 

I get fairly regular emails from them telling me what they're up to and their website is usually pretty up to date too. 

I know they had a person on the board a while back who lived in the US so not being local shouldn't be a big problem. Only prerequisite I'm aware of is that you have to be a member (£5 a year). 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yeah that's right. What a load of utter pish.

9 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

His inability to see similarities between financial losses of clubs is up there with Ross County fan levels. Certainly battling hard to be the biggest thicko on this thread.

I don't see any similarity between losing millions and having to get loans from directors to cover and losing a few hundred grand which the club is able to cover without resorting to loans from directors. Completely and utterly different. ICT have taken on loans of millions from directors we don't owe a penny to directors. 

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't see any similarity between losing millions and having to get loans from directors to cover and losing a few hundred grand which the club is able to cover without resorting to loans from directors. Completely and utterly different. ICT have taken on loans of millions from directors we don't owe a penny to directors. 

Some of them are desperately trying to convince themselves that going into administration or spending money you don’t have is normal.

You can see them going through the same stages as Rangers fans did. Anger, disappointment, denial, deflection. 

It’s only a matter of time before they go down the route of

Your club will be next.

You are all obsessed.

Its just the holding company not the actual club.

Edited by Sortmeout