Shaw's looked mostly ok whenever he's been given a chance, capable of grabbing goals but he's not really showed how he'd be a significant improvement on our other Strikers yet. Still time to develop, would be great to see Cummings or McNulty come in but looking doubtful (if comments to the press are to be believed at face value).

If Oli Shaw gets a move to the English Championship I’ll be absolutely astounded. He’s failed to cement himself as a first pick at Hibs and we’ve hardly had the best options to pick from recently. 

26 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

And Barnsley apparently... seems only clubs from drab northern shiteholes that are after him..

Aberdeen making a bid then.

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Just in from the game, here are my observations on our new signings today:

• Vela - just what we needed.  Mobile, calm, controlled, gets stuck in and dictates the flow of the game/gives those in front of him the confidence to play.  Clever player.
  • Jackson - The Mountain from Game of Thrones never died. He became a footballer. I have yet to see him lose a header in 2 games. 
  • Allan - lovely pass for the first goal and a good pen. Showing to be every bit the player we hoped he would be. His slide-rule passes will be a joy to watch this year. He is also looking faster and stronger than his previous spells with us.  
  • James - quite assured and very calm. Like him. 
  • Newell - better today. Got stuck in more and does have something about him. 

And couple of thoughts on existing players:

• Mackie - good game and great cover for Lewy. Think they'll rotate this year. 
  • Kamberi - looks a lot leaner. More like the Flo from his loan spell season with us. Much more mobile and will feed off Allan. 
  • Murray - think we have a wee star on our hands here. 
  • Boyle - lacking a bit of sharpness, but more than made up by the fact he is such a fast and tricky wee player. Nightmare for defenders. 
  • Shaw - if the rumours are true we have had a £1m+ bid for him. SELL. SELL. SELL. 

The above is heavily, heavily caveated with "it was only Arbroath" but a big improvement all-round. We cruised it like we should have. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee