Just in from the game, here are my observations on our new signings today:

• Vela - just what we needed.  Mobile, calm, controlled, gets stuck in and dictates the flow of the game/gives those in front of him the confidence to play.  Clever player.
  • Jackson - The Mountain from Game of Thrones never died. He became a footballer. I have yet to see him lose a header in 2 games. 
  • Allan - lovely pass for the first goal and a good pen. Showing to be every bit the player we hoped he would be. His slide-rule passes will be a joy to watch this year. He is also looking faster and stronger than his previous spells with us.  
  • James - quite assured and very calm. Like him. 
  • Newell - better today. Got stuck in more and does have something about him. 

And couple of thoughts on existing players:

• Mackie - good game and great cover for Lewy. Think they'll rotate this year. 
  • Kamberi - looks a lot leaner. More like the Flo from his loan spell season with us. Much more mobile and will feed off Allan. 
  • Murray - think we have a wee star on our hands here. 
  • Boyle - lacking a bit of sharpness, but more than made up by the fact he is such a fast and tricky wee player. Nightmare for defenders. 
  • Shaw - if the rumours are true we have had a £1m+ bid for him. SELL. SELL. SELL. 

The above is heavily, heavily caveated with "it was only Arbroath" but a big improvement all-round. We cruised it like we should have. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Obviously has a few gears to go up fitness wise but I really like the look of Vela. With him there to show for the ball and press in front of the defence, Mallan also ended up playing better than in recent games. Kamberi played better as well but still wants to play a first time through ball/flick every time it comes into him on the deck. If he can be coached into holding it up effectively in front of Boyle/Allan/Horgan, we could have a pretty strong team this year.

Good to see a goal coming from Allan chasing a bit of a 50/50. Looks like a fitter, more hard-working player than last time. 

Linky for the goal highlights https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/...tqxpeA3tvCK6rk

Scott Allans ability to thread that ball to Flo for the first is exactly what we need, and why we bought him. Just that wee spark of creativity, and seeing stuff nobody else does.

Obvious Flo likes playing with him, as he can make runs and Allan can actually get the ball to him.......unlike last year when Flo had piss poor service.

eta - great passing from some of the young laddies for the third.

I am now firmly in the "we wont get relegated this season" camp.

Edited by Green Day

2 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

That shroo ball for the first goal..

IMG_0143.jpg

It’s absolute peak chubby baller stuff. Beautiful. 

Sounds like McNulty is away somewhere. Quite a few Sunderland fans reckon he’s going to them.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I’d take him but he’d be expensive for a player who might not play that much. 

Being talked about as a loan deal, although I'm sure he was pretty much released last week?

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats us making a move for Jason Cummings, surprised you've not been linked at all.

I think we’ve used our budget. Only going to make signings if one or two leave. 

Cummings is some boy. Will score goals, hopefully against Hearts and the **** and not so much against us. Didn’t like how much he went full on *** when he signed for them but would’ve forgiven him if he’d returned. 

He’ll 100% need to play with a strike partner.

Just now, Dave1875 said:

Willing to listen to any offers including loans maybe?

Found the article, just says hes "free to leave", which could be taken any way tbh.

I absolutely adore absolute w****r strikers who spend half time time winding folk up, and the other half scoring then winding folk up. If he does that, he'll be a hero to me.

Just now, Zing. said:

I think we’ve used our budget. Only going to make signings if one or two leave. 

Cummings is some boy. Will score goals, hopefully against Hearts and the **** and not so much against us. Didn’t like how much he went full on *** when he signed for them but would’ve forgiven him if he’d returned. 

He’ll 100% need to play with a strike partner.

Cummings and May. :wub: