Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The firelighter gets the kindling to burn, which gets the smaller sticks to burn, which gets the big sticks to burn, which eventually generates enough heat to get the coal to burn.  A simple concept, lost on some.

I help out with Scouts and the number of kids that think you can get coals going simply by holding a match to them is unbelievable.  They've been watching their mums lighting scented candles every night imo.

"Join the Scouts and be the cool **** who gets the BBQ going when you're older" should be the new motto.

I think you've got this backwards. The kids that aren't in Scouts and just sort of hang around have no trouble getting a fire started. 

13 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I think you've got this backwards. The kids that aren't in Scouts and just sort of hang around have no trouble getting a fire started. 

I now have images of some ned at a garden party trying to light a BBQ by launching a burning bottle of vodka onto it (only to then discover that it's a gas operated BBQ).

"Stand back, I've f***ing got this, man"

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

I now have images of some ned at a garden party trying to light a BBQ by launching a burning bottle of vodka onto it (only to then discovering that it's gas operated BBQ).

Fairly sure that's been on you've been framed

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I now have images of some ned at a garden party trying to light a BBQ by launching a burning bottle of vodka onto it (only to then discover that it's a gas operated BBQ).

Our kid is an early riser. daft times sometimes 5am etc.
been like this for a while and when I have suggested ANYTHING it's always shot down with, "nothing is changing it she's just and early riser, nothing we can do". So I have been agreeing for the last two months or so rather than waste my breath. 

"Yeah it's just one of those things, nothing we can do"

Wean got up at half 5 today. She says it can't be good for her when at nursery, I agreed and give the "nothing we can do".

"Well there is. We can try doing........"

I just nodded and said goodbyes before I left for work. 

It's always the same.

I had an argument with my now ex missus a while back who - whilst admitting she was blatantly wrong but refusing to apologise - come out with "this is just how relationships are, this is how they work" 

I asked her "Aye, how many relationships have you had that have worked?" 

The argument ramped up a notch. 

My birthday was recently, I did all the usual things that involved kids and housework but apparently I need to do everything as it's mother's day weekend.
Anyone else suffering such nonsense

On 09/03/2021 at 12:30, Mr. Alli said:

I had an argument with my now ex missus a while back who - whilst admitting she was blatantly wrong but refusing to apologise - come out with "this is just how relationships are, this is how they work" 

I asked her "Aye, how many relationships have you had that have worked?" 

The argument ramped up a notch. 

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

My birthday was recently, I did all the usual things that involved kids and housework but apparently I need to do everything as it's mother's day weekend.

Aye. Needs a lie in apparently.

On 09/03/2021 at 11:11, Busta Nut said:

Our kid is an early riser. daft times sometimes 5am etc.
been like this for a while and when I have suggested ANYTHING it's always shot down with, "nothing is changing it she's just and early riser, nothing we can do". So I have been agreeing for the last two months or so rather than waste my breath. 

"Yeah it's just one of those things, nothing we can do"

Wean got up at half 5 today. She says it can't be good for her when at nursery, I agreed and give the "nothing we can do".

"Well there is. We can try doing........"

I just nodded and said goodbyes before I left for work. 

It's always the same.

Good news mate! Mine are now 5 and 8 and I've been up since half 6 on a fucking Saturday morning because of this. It's been going on so long that I just naturally wake up at this time while the wife has a fucking long lie till 10ish (then moans that the boys haven't had their breakfast) 🔪 🔪 🔪 

Edited by madwullie

Thankfully Mrs P hasn't once mentioned the dreaded 'weekend' word ( considering I didn't get in from work till 5 this morning if she was expecting a mother's day whole weekend skive then she would be spending the whole weekend picking a work boot out her pie), however she has come out with the request of " all I want for mother's day is a long lie and breakfast in bed". Two things are certain tomorrow. One, she will not just be happy with a long lie and breakfast in bed and two, she will lie in till about 10 then get up all agitated that she has just wasted half the day in bed.

Every year for the last 9 years she's asked what I have planned for mother's day and gets the exact same response, "nothing seeing as my mum's dead". Seemingly even that doesn't exempt you from this made up pish.

Probably been mentioned before as I also experience it with work colleagues...

Turns up the thermostat or car heater to 28C (no windows open) on the hypothesis that the house or car will warm up faster. There’s always the promise that it will get turned down later, regularly forgotten.

Apparently, her mother has a similar strategy for the oven, always turning it on at 250C then turning it down to the required cooking temperature once it hits 250C.

23 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Probably been mentioned before as I also experience it with work colleagues...

Turns up the thermostat or car heater to 28C (no windows open) on the hypothesis that the house or car will warm up faster. There’s always the promise that it will get turned down later, regularly forgotten.

Apparently, her mother has a similar strategy for the oven, always turning it on at 250C then turning it down to the required cooking temperature once it hits 250C.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I'll take a cup of tea in my bed if offered (basically never, couple of times a year maybe) but aye, eating your breakfast in bed is a fucking nonsense idea

At the risk of offending any posters, or at least their partners, it's quite a childish concept, or it's more of a concept that appeals to kids.

In reality it is indeed nonsense. It's impractical, messy and uncomfortable. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

At the risk of offending any posters, or at least their partners, it's quite a childish concept, or it's more of a concept that appeals to kids.

In reality it is indeed nonsense. It's impractical, messy and uncomfortable. 

It's a TV/Movie romcom type idea. Doesn't translate to real life at all. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a TV/Movie romcom type idea. Doesn't translate to real life at all. 

It certainly does not! There's been a couple of films I've seen where they show how pish it is which was quite amusing.

I mind a few times me and my brothers making breakfast for our parents to have in bed when we were kids. Our parents must have always thought "Oh f**k sake, not this pish again!" through their fake smiles.