Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

44 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was sound asleep last night. In a very deep sleep. About 3am and she shook me to wake me up. 

I asked what was wrong. Apparently she couldn't hear me breathing, and was checking that I wasn't dead. 

Took me ages to get back to sleep, and it was nowhere as good as the one I was in. 

I've had this on more than one occasion.

12 hours ago, stimpy said:

When we moved in together she moaned about the volume of washing I was producing so I said I'd of course do my bit as it's mine. No, she would do it and I was banned from washing of attending to drying the dirty clothes. Yesterday some 10 years later she's moaning because a towel is wet and needing the wash. I remind her I was banned from helping but I had no issue with doing the washing (it's an automatic machine ffs). All I got was "sure you did" and "sure you will" then she said she would do it. 

No idea why anyone would insist on doing something without help then moan about it.

I had this levied at me by Ex

"I have to do all the washing!"

"Well I've tried to do the washing in the past, and you've hit the roof and refused to let me even sort the basket, because you appear to be convinced I don't know the difference between whites and colours, or that I'll machine wash wool on 90"

"...."

Aye. Boils my piss this 'handless men' thing. I lived alone before I met the baw & chain, lived alone since we split. Who do they think does all my housework? Fairy Godmother?

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I was sound asleep last night. In a very deep sleep. About 3am and she shook me to wake me up. 

I asked what was wrong. Apparently she couldn't hear me breathing, and was checking that I wasn't dead. 

Took me ages to get back to sleep, and it was nowhere as good as the one I was in. 

Presumably this will only continue until she finds the correct dosage..... Probably just not wanting to waste more money than she needs to

I washed everything at a low temp in the same wash (obviously not mad colours), everything was fine, This horrified my partner and I was banned from washing, I do get the moans of "I have to do all the washing"

I'd also like to moan about that moan.

This isnae 1949, yer not out the back with a washboard. Ye take 5 mins to put them in the machine and press go, then f**k off for an hour and come back.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I washed everything at a low temp in the same wash (obviously not mad colours), everything was fine

Is the washing machine fucking up your clothes actually a thing that happens, or just an old wives tale?

I've been bunging in any old shite without even a thought about colour, fabric etc at variable temperatures, spin cycles, timespans for years and never had anything shrink or change colour.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I wonder if any man in the same situation would check? 

I would but give it a good few hours so as not to disturb her sleep. 

4 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Is the washing machine fucking up your clothes actually a thing that happens, or just an old wives tale?

I've been bunging in any old shite without even a thought about colour, fabric etc at variable temperatures, spin cycles, timespans for years and never had anything shrink or change colour.

I think it's rare nowadays with more colourfast clothing, lower washing temps, and less harsh chemicals, but it did used to happen years ago. My batshit mother dyed my cricket whites pink, and I remember back in the 90's I used to deliberately wash all my colours together because they'd eventually go a sort of muted grey shade that I liked.

On 19/08/2023 at 20:48, supermik said:

You spend all afternoon in the pub together, you enjoy great chat together, you get talking to a nice young couple at the next table. Everything is going great until you mention that the other girl has a great pair of tits…🤣🤣

This post is an extreme example maybe, but I do find it odd when I hear people say that their partners go mental if they mention another person being attractive. My wife and I happily accept that other people are attractive, and think it’s incredibly weird that loads of people seem unable to in case their partner loses the plot. Even more so if it’s a celebrity or something where there’s no chance of you ever coming into contact. 

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This post is an extreme example maybe, but I do find it odd when I hear people say that their partners go mental if they mention another person being attractive. My wife and I happily accept that other people are attractive, and think it’s incredibly weird that loads of people seem unable to in case their partner loses the plot. Even more so if it’s a celebrity or something where there’s no chance of you ever coming into contact. 

We're the same. 

I remember my missus going through a few celebrity crushes over the years (Brad Pitt when we first met, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, Sara Ramirez and a few others). What's the point of getting jealous? 

At the same time, if we're out together it's just good manners not to sit checking out other people in the pub or restaurant. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We're the same. 

I remember my missus going through a few celebrity crushes over the years (Brad Pitt when we first met, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, Sara Ramirez and a few others). What's the point of getting jealous? 

At the same time, if we're out together it's just good manners not to sit checking out other people in the pub or restaurant. 

Looks like you turned her off men.  

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Looks like you turned her off men.  

😳

Reading it back, it does look like that! In truth there have been a few other guys in there too. But I reckon girls outnumbered guys by about 2:1 in the 20-off years we've been together. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

😳

Reading it back, it does look like that! In truth there have been a few other guys in there too. But I reckon girls outnumbered guys by about 2:1 in the 20-off years we've been together. 

I'm not judging - in fact I'm a wee bit jealous.  

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

😳

Swingers found.