Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Finished work, nipped into sainsburys for stuff we needed. Get up the road, only to find that she has changed her mind about what she wants for tea, so have had to nip back out for stuff.

Possibly in her defence, i did say that i fancied something else as well, but would have had it for dinner tomorrow.

Go, but tell her they had run out of what she wanted.
"I was surprised too dear, first time I heard of Sainsbury's running out of chicken".

Should not have even went, just parked the car around the corner for 20 minutes and came back saying that.

• 4 weeks later...

Half belongs in here and the other in RTBC. She's just staggered in an hour ago having been out since about half 1. She came in to the livingroom to say she's going to bed, without so much as a hello. Had a look at wee one and fucks off upstairs. She then proceeds to make as much fucking noise as possible resulting in her waking the eldest (who is an incredibly sound sleeper, just to give you an idea of her noisemaking). The clattering continues which results in the 6 week old waking up who's downstairs with me. I'm naturally fucking fizzing at this point. The eldest then has a coughing fit so I finish feeding the youngest and go to give her medicine.
I spill a bit so go the spare room for wipes. As I do she's spewing in the toilet and I see our bedroom plastered in sick. I've never been so happy to see vomit in all my life. That'll send her OCD off the deep end and it's completely her fault.

If I did even a third of that she'd go fucking apeshit so I feel in the lovely but rare position of having the high ground tonight. Tomorrow will be pleasing 8)

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Half belongs in here and the other in RTBC. She's just staggered in an hour ago having been out since about half 1. She came in to the livingroom to say she's going to bed, without so much as a hello. Had a look at wee one and fucks off upstairs. She then proceeds to make as much fucking noise as possible resulting in her waking the eldest (who is an incredibly sound sleeper, just to give you an idea of her noisemaking). The clattering continues which results in the 6 week old waking up who's downstairs with me. I'm naturally fucking fizzing at this point. The eldest then has a coughing fit so I finish feeding the youngest and go to give her medicine.
I spill a bit so go the spare room for wipes. As I do she's spewing in the toilet and I see our bedroom plastered in sick. I've never been so happy to see vomit in all my life. That'll send her OCD off the deep end and it's completely her fault.

If I did even a third of that she'd go fucking apeshit so I feel in the lovely but rare position of having the high ground tonight. Tomorrow will be pleasing 8)

Keep us posted...:)

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm going to make a prediction for tomorrow's discussion...

It was somehow your fault.

Oh definitely. It'll be completely downplayed. Again, reverse the positions and I'd be hearing about it for weeks.

If I did even a third of that she'd go fucking apeshit so I feel in the lovely but rare position of having the high ground tonight. Tomorrow will be pleasing default_cool.png

I can totally relate here, this situation is one of those thin lines that has the potential to either somehow land on you being to blame but also has a good chance of one of those rare moments of utter gold where you win the moral high ground for at least a couple of days.

Since our kids have come along (ie since we stopped being able to go out and get pished together) there has rarely been a sweeter sound than her coming home about 6 hours after she said she would, hearing the attempts to stab her keys into the door for a good 10 minutes, multiple attempts at getting shoes off with the accompanying thuds off the wall then the staggered footsteps up the stairs, knowing that she will be so sick and ashamed the next day that she won't even surface. If you're feeling particularly smug here as well its the perfect opportunity to take the kids out for some "family day out" type activity whilst sympathetically assuring the Mrs that you don't mind doing it on your own knowing that she will wallow in utter self pity the whole day.

As expected. Unfuckingreal.
Rule of thumb, it doesn't matter what she does, it's your fault or you are worse.

She's pished, woke up the bairns and redecorated the bathroom.. it's your fault for letting her stay out and not making her return, it's your fault for not carrying her to bed and putting a basin under her.

You do it and it's your fault for no self control and guaranteed the kids are your responsibility from the moment they are up as they missed you that night.

Get your own back, hoover, fry up. Loud music as you do housework whilst she sits and wallows.
Strong smelling bleach in the bathroom and make sure you use it to mop the floors etc.

Rule of thumb, it doesn't matter what she does, it's your fault or you are worse.

She's pished, woke up the bairns and redecorated the bathroom.. it's your fault for letting her stay out and not making her return, it's your fault for not carrying her to bed and putting a basin under her.

You do it and it's your fault for no self control and guaranteed the kids are your responsibility from the moment they are up as they missed you that night.

Get your own back, hoover, fry up. Loud music as you do housework whilst she sits and wallows.
Strong smelling bleach in the bathroom and make sure you use it to mop the floors etc.
Nah she'd love it if I used bleach. The fry up is a good call though, she hates it when I "stink the house out". She's just going for a bath so that's what I'll do.

Can't tell if this belongs here or on the PTTGOYN thread but my MiL occasionally asks us for favours and my partner is way too quick to jump to the task. Sometimes it's because she's in genuine trouble but sometimes it's really stupid things like today...

Latest is that she's off abroad for a few days so is flying out today and arrives back at Edinburgh airport on Wednesday. Partner is driving her out to the airport today which is fair enough as he doesn't work at the weekend but just before he left he informed me that he's going back to pick her up at lunchtime on Wednesday but hasn't said anything to his work. He works 9-5 at a small local company that are currently struggling financially and have just made a guy who has worked there for 7 years redundant. Partner also took time off last week at short notice and is often off for appointments and things as his health isn't the best.

I've told him to tell her to get the tram to Haymarket and get a train back to Polmont from there. I was in the same situation last summer after flying to Devon to visit a mate of mine for a few days and it never even occurred to me to ask him to get out of work to come and pick me up.

Maybe I'm just a miserable c**t.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Oh definitely. It'll be completely downplayed. Again, reverse the positions and I'd be hearing about it for weeks.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As expected. Unfuckingreal.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Nah she'd love it if I used bleach. The fry up is a good call though, she hates it when I "stink the house out". She's just going for a bath so that's what I'll do.

Your marriage sounds fucking unbearable.