Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Not so much for my other half but some of her pals seem to almost actively enjoy how this state of affairs induces a low level of anxiety.

I might be talking shite though, some of the gay P&Bers seem to have exactly the same things happening to them.

So does that lend credence to the hypothesis that messy b*****ds are inextricably drawn to tidy, organized types, irrespective of sexual orientation, due to either:

1) an underlying evolutionary mechanism;

2) a subconscious desire for a partner who can mitigate their behaviour;

3) Just to be an even bigger pain in the arse?

20 hours ago, buchan30 said:

When she stayed at her mums i would text her saying i will pick you up at 7:30pm to go out. I would pull up at said time and peep the horn. At which point she would appear at the bedroom window l, towel wrapped around her head and text me saying “just out the shower, no be long”. Would infuriate me no end, to the extent i started telling her a time half an hour earlier so that she was ready at the appropriate time.

I threatened to do that with one of the stepdaughters. (Not that I was taking her out you understand.)

One of the other ones missed a boat once because of her tardiness. I left her there and went on to my work. Nearly missed a wedding ceremony over the heads of that one too. She nearly wasn't allowed on the boat this last visit either, as she'd missed the boarding time. I think they took pity on her as she had her daughter and a dog with her. It really is selfish behaviour.

20 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Would infuriate me no end, to the extent i started telling her a time half an hour earlier so that she was ready at the appropriate time.

I would go to watch my son play football on a Saturday, Thursday night it would be “where’s he playing on Saturday” I’d reply with the location and she would make the decision to come based on the quality of the shopping. KO wouldn’t  wait on me turning up, so a cut off time was repeatedly said when i was leaving. She was fucking left many times

Not sure if this has been covered but my partner can't seem to finish a drink, whether it's a can of juice, cup of tea or even a gin there always anything up to a quarter of it left when she's finished with it. On a side note she does a similar thing with food where there's always at least one mouthful left on the plate.

16 minutes ago, thomas said:

Not sure if this has been covered but my partner can't seem to finish a drink, whether it's a can of juice, cup of tea or even a gin there always anything up to a quarter of it left when she's finished with it. On a side note she does a similar thing with food where there's always at least one mouthful left on the plate.

Yes.

I pour 50% of the tea I make for Mrs Deficient down the sink.

I've suggested just making a smaller cup of tea, which results in a torn faced reply, as if I'm the dafty.

Same with food and bevvy. I hate waste. So consequently I am an overweight, borderline alky.

9 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I've suggested just making a smaller cup of tea, which results in a torn faced reply, as if I'm the dafty.

I've suffered the same face when pouring the wife a small glass of juice in an attempt to combat this wastage, apparently telling her she can add more if she drinks that glass is utter madness.

Never finishes a drink, but doesn't leave food on the plate, but grossly over estimates the amount of fresh food needed. I could feed Biafra on the soft fruit I throw out, same with vegetables.

Working at home, I take the deliveries in. I save these up now so that I only need to go to the post office once a week to return them. To be fair the whole street seems to be the same. One guy must have done 50k miles since lock down. The vans and cars can be nice to tail sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Never finishes a drink, but doesn't leave food on the plate, but grossly over estimates the amount of fresh food needed. I could feed Biafra on the soft fruit I throw out, same with vegetables.

Working at home, I take the deliveries in. I save these up now so that I only need to go to the post office once a week to return them. To be fair the whole street seems to be the same. One guy must have done 50k miles since lock down. The vans and cars can be nice to tail sometimes.

Read the other day that most returns end up in landfill as people don't want stuff that someone else might have tried on, so the price has to take that into account. My sister ordered 4 pairs of shoes because she wasn't sure what colour she wanted, all the same size. They didn't fit.

38 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Yes.

I pour 50% of the tea I make for Mrs Deficient down the sink.

Same with food and bevvy. I hate waste. So consequently I am an overweight, borderline alky.

Good excuse.

I sometimes ask my wife "Will I just put this straight into the waste food bin? You never ate the last one." I've noticed this doesn't earn me any brownie points.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Read the other day that most returns end up in landfill as people don't want stuff that someone else might have tried on, so the price has to take that into account. My sister ordered 4 pairs of shoes because she wasn't sure what colour she wanted, all the same size. They didn't fit.

I should just bury it then.

The returns, not her, obviously...maybe.

Kitchen and dining room needed done, I wanted to say f**k it and get a new kitchen but Mrs arty farty crafty cunto likes to revamp and play, only thing is, it actually means me as she’s done f**k all.  Finished now and I’m the best thing since sliced bread, even telling me to my face she loves me