Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

My other half is from Moray and therefore travelling 50 miles to Aberdeen (or Inverness) for some shopping or whatever isn't seen as being a particularly big jaunt.  I'm much the same, and for a while we commuted from Keith to Aberdeen for work Mon-Fri.  Anything under a 100 mile-round trip isn't anything special.

Yeah, my Caithness in laws think nothing about driving a 200 mile round trip down to Inverness for day's shopping and a scone in Girvans.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

My other half is from Moray and therefore travelling 50 miles to Aberdeen (or Inverness) for some shopping or whatever isn't seen as being a particularly big jaunt.  I'm much the same, and for a while we commuted from Keith to Aberdeen for work Mon-Fri.  Anything under a 100 mile-round trip isn't anything special.

I wouldn't mind so much if she'd drive occasionally. 

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

Yeah, my Caithness in laws think nothing about driving a 200 mile round trip down to Inverness for day's shopping and a scone in Girvans.

I’m from Golspie, Inverness was a big day out growing up!

Grew up in Thurso then later on taught in Wick. Regularly did the Inverness run. Mrs. RN#2 would regularly get pissed off by it because she was originally from Livingston and hated living in Caithness [emoji1787]

16 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Must have been some experience!

But yeah I agree about the time spent at work, there's no way anyone is doing their best work hours into a day with little or no breaks.

I've done similar but being away for weeks at a time(12 hour days 7 days a week but with plenty breaks) and after about 3 weeks it's a real struggle. 

Yep. my old man was a joiner and he often worked on projects that required long hours and even all-nighters.  I'm certain it is much, much harder if you're doing manual work compared to sitting on your arse.  

She’s reading the news off her phone, as she does in the morning. Apparently the Texas governor has gone on holiday to Cancun (he’s already flown home in disgrace) and some referee stuck the head on a player (this happened on Tuesday night).

Thanks for the big exclusives, hen.

14 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've relations in Durness, a trip to Inverness was nothing to them.

I know quite a few folk up there and half of the village seems to be in Inverness at the weekend.  Journey not nearly as long now that the NC500 has taken all the slow-coach campervans off of the Lairg-Laxford road.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Is this just a general, all encompassing partner complaint, or is it related to the Caithness/Inverness/Durness round trips?

Both. 
the second part only happened once but it was coming back from Orkney last year and it was nip nip nip from Wick to Nairn.

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Both. 
the second part only happened once but it was coming back from Orkney last year and it was nip nip nip from Wick to Nairn.

Was it dry? If so stick the window wipers on the dry window and only turn it off when she's calmed down

17 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Grew up in Thurso then later on taught in Wick. Regularly did the Inverness run. Mrs. RN#2 would regularly get pissed off by it because she was originally from Livingston and hated living in Caithness emoji1787.png

It's easy to forget just how remote some parts of Scotland are. Years ago, a band I was with played a few times in Thurso and Wick, and after one gig in the latter I got talking to a local who said he was in a band himself...I asked if they'd gigged yet.

"Just local so far, but if we're still together next year we'll look at playing down in the city."

"Aye? I can give you a few numbers of folk booking gigs in Glasgow and Edinburgh if you want..."

Blank look.

"When I said the city, I meant Inverness..."

I’m from Golspie, Inverness was a big day out growing up!
Grew up in Thurso then later on taught in Wick. Regularly did the Inverness run. Mrs. RN#2 would regularly get pissed off by it because she was originally from Livingston and hated living in Caithness [emoji1787]
From Nairn, so Inverness or sometimes Elgin (asda and cadonas chips) were the days out when I was younger.
The odd trip to Aberdeen too.
Could never remember which of the la scala or the elgin playhouse was a bigger dump at that age.

7 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

It's easy to forget just how remote some parts of Scotland are. Years ago, a band I was with played a few times in Thurso and Wick, and after one gig in the latter I got talking to a local who said he was in a band himself...I asked if they'd gigged yet.

"Just local so far, but if we're still together next year we'll look at playing down in the city."

"Aye? I can give you a few numbers of folk booking gigs in Glasgow and Edinburgh if you want..."

Blank look.

"When I said the city, I meant Inverness..."

To be fair, Inverness to people from Wick and Thurso, would feel like if I was in London.