Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

43 minutes ago, velo army said:

I reckon I might be the only one here horrified at the idea of getting a dishwasher, let alone leaving stuff in it for multiple days. 

I fucking love washing the dishes and, as I love to cook a lot, I tend to need the pans/knives/chopping board etc back pretty soon.

Nope.

30 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:
Our dishwasher has been redundant for over a year, since we bought dinner plates that are too big to fit into it. 
Seething.

Can you not adjust the top tray higher to make the plates fit? Apologies if you've tried that and just have giant sized plates.

We can get the tray high enough for the plates to fit under, but the spinny skooshy mechanism thing* still batters off of them. 

*yes, that's the technical term.

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I had a dishwasher for a few years before I actually used it regularly (it came with the house)

Now if it broke I would taking time off work/selling organs to ensure it was replaced i-fucking-mmediately

Ours broke last week. That 24 hours until we got the new one was hell on Earth. 

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A dishwasher mean you can tidy a kitchen with a full sink and every surface covered in dirty plates and pans in 15 minutes. So a friend tells me.

#TeamWelshBairn.  

If it weren’t for our dishwasher, we’d need to employ a small Filipino child and/or man-servant.  

Edited by Savage Henry

If you like to eat boiled eggs (presumably because you're old or an infant) and have a dishwasher too you can save yourself the hassle of washing a pan at all by boiling the egg in the dishwasher 
https://spoonuniversity.com/how-to/5-foods-cook-dishwasher

Surely the correct answer is to put your egg in a small plastic egg cup with a lid with a hole in it and microwave it for 30/40 seconds?