Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 14/12/2021 at 02:17, The Moonster said:

We've been going out for 3 years and this is the first time she's made it known that she is absolutely fucking off her tits. How do they hide this shit so well

Practice... or it's hereditary and passed down through the generations.

and what can be done about it?

Stay single.

On 08/12/2021 at 13:21, MONKMAN said:

As for my ranting today, new couches got delivered this morning. These are the couches that she picked, that she’s now decided she doesn’t like. 

Here we go again… had a guy out the other week measuring up for some bespoke venetian blinds for the bay window in the living room. She picked everything from the colour of the wooden slats, width and material of the tapes etc The man came to fit them today, when she was away for lunch with her mates. On her arrival, she stood for about 30 seconds staring at them and I knew it was coming. ”I don’t like them”

”well you fucking picked them” was my response and I went back to watching the masterchef final. 

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Here we go again… had a guy out the other week measuring up for some bespoke venetian blinds for the bay window in the living room. She picked everything from the colour of the wooden slats, width and material of the tapes etc The man came to fit them today, when she was away for lunch with her mates. On her arrival, she stood for about 30 seconds staring at them and I knew it was coming. ”I don’t like them”

”well you fucking picked them” was my response and I went back to watching the masterchef final. 

I look forward to your next update in a few days when she decides once again that she actually does like the thing that was chosen solely with her taste in mind. 

I've been on lates this week, while she's been feeling under the weather. For the past few days she's been having a 'hot toddy' and an early night.

I've just discovered that instead of the litre bottle of Whyte & MacKay she's been using a very nice single malt.

No' happy.

3 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I've been on lates this week, while she's been feeling under the weather. For the past few days she's been having a 'hot toddy' and an early night.

I've just discovered that instead of the litre bottle of Whyte & MacKay she's been using a very nice single malt.

No' happy.

How nice?

Edited by Thorongil

We both finished late tonight so asked her maw to watch the bairn meaning we could get her Xmas presents wrapped while she’s away, asked her to make sure we had enough tape and just not long in the door ready to wrap and can take a guess at what we have none of.

18 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Nothing too fancy really, Auchentoshan American Oak but I like it. Bit wasted when she's lumping it in a mug along with a lemsip, sugar and honey. 

Get her on the Lemsip and vodka. Make sure she inhales the steam.

Thank me later.

"Can you take the girls to school today?" 

"can you give me a lift to the other side of town for a frivolous errand? 

"can you pick the girls up from scool today please?" 

<text while you're out can you pick up some milk, bread and something that the first three shops won't have, like aubergine pickle or something>

"why are you still working after six? Everyone else is finished by now" 

1oUJ.gif.8624616faf350218cdc9a7d6f167d62a.gif

41 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Reseals the loaf of bread with the two ends of the sticky plastic strip perfectly overlapping (rather than crossed), meaning I have to re-pick open the bloody thing rather than uncross it with ease.

That requires far too much skill to just 'happen'. 

They're doing it on purpose. 

The number of times she's decided to have corn flakes despite there being hardly any milk left is astonishing. This morning she went one better and finished off the last of the corn flakes as well. Calmly pointed this out as she left for work to have her say I could pick up more when I go out to pick up last minute Xmas stuff. Good mind to wrap up the box of corn flakes as an extra present for her. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The number of times she's decided to have corn flakes despite there being hardly any milk left is astonishing. This morning she went one better and finished off the last of the corn flakes as well. Calmly pointed this out as she left for work to have her say I could pick up more when I go out to pick up last minute Xmas stuff. Good mind to wrap up the box of corn flakes as an extra present for her. 

Why are you going for last minute stuff today?

My brother is coming to stay for a few days. He is possibly the messiest person I've ever met. But you'd think the Queen was coming round given the state Mrs The Hunter is currently in, targing around cleaning obsessively.

Eta: She's lost the fucking plot. Just had a go at me for using the toilet.

Edited by Craig the Hunter

On 16/12/2021 at 21:02, Boghead ranter said:

Our dishwasher has been redundant for over a year, since we bought dinner plates that are too big to fit into it. 

Seething.

On 16/12/2021 at 22:15, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 16/12/2021 at 21:02, Boghead ranter said:
Our dishwasher has been redundant for over a year, since we bought dinner plates that are too big to fit into it. 
Seething.

Can you not adjust the top tray higher to make the plates fit? Apologies if you've tried that and just have giant sized plates.

Embarrassing things you didn’t know for this, I know.

Have had the dishwasher since I moved in here 11 years ago. New big plates arrived via the (ex) partner 8 years or so ago and the spinny skooshy thing hasn’t worked properly since.

I have only now discovered an adjustable top shelf in the thing. Mind. Blown. On Xmas eve too! 

Cheers @UsedToGoToCentralPark, PnB delivers once again!! 

Embarrassing things you didn’t know for this, I know.
 Have had the dishwasher since I moved in here 11 years ago. New big plates arrived via the (ex) partner 8 years or so ago and the spinny skooshy thing hasn’t worked properly since.

I have only now discovered an adjustable top shelf in the thing. Mind. Blown. On Xmas eve too! 

Cheers [mention=26003]UsedToGoToCentralPark[/mention], PnB delivers once again!! 
It will probably go under appreciated (not by you) the difference P&B has just made in your life.

What a place. What. A. Place.