Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Conversation with the wife last night.

Wife: Do you know how much blood a woman loses during her period?

Me: Er, no.

Wife: About three tablespoons.

Me: esp-puke-puke.gif

46 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Please say she told you this while you were in the middle of a bowl of tomato soup . 

@Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Conversation with the wife last night.

Wife: Do you know how much blood a woman loses during her period?

Me: Er, no.

Wife: About three tablespoons.

Me: esp-puke-puke.gif

Next time, counter such a comment with:  "Really?  Presumed it would have been more than that"

Takes the wind right out of the sails.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Jesus, all that moaning over three tablespoons. I've had shites where I've lost more blood.

How on Earth did that come up anyway? Just a random comment to break a long silence?

We were talking about sleep, which somehow led to talk about how women struggle to sleep when they are up on blocks. 

Just mortifying. 

59 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Needy, sentiment pish that all women do.

A “see you later” and maybe a LinkedIn invitation is all that’s required.

Theres no way you can call someone out as needy, and at the same time endorse the use of LinkedIn

55 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Next time, counter such a comment with:  "Really?  Presumed it would have been more than that"

Takes the wind right out of the sails.

Add on ".... with the amount of fucking greetin' and moaning you do for an entire week" if you want to add an edge to the conversation. 

15 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Went on a planned trip to IKEA today for a single specific item. Let her walk throught the whole route expecting the usual few utensils etc thrown in . Stop for a coffee before we head to the product pick up place . Walking to the checkouts she disappointedly hits me with " I thought we'd be in here for hours ." We'd literally been there for hours ( got in 5 mins before they opened at 10 and it was now quarter past 12) . I point this out plus the fact that we'd spent over £100 more than the expected quick pick up and she hits back with " yeah but I've been wanting a lamp for the living room since we moved in that we still haven't got and I wanted to get something for lunch when we were in the cafe ". At no point in the shop , including the ....... Lamp section ..... Did she mention this plus in the cafe I literally told her , " I want a coffee get anything you want " . 

“Wanted to get something for lunch” means farting about the pre-prepared smoked salmon salads for 10 mins before, inevitably, ordering meatball and chips, with gravy and that weird cranberry type jam stuff.

19 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Went on a planned trip to IKEA

There’s where you went wrong straight away. Never, and I mean NEVER, agree to go to IKEA with a woman.

Anyway, the latest one from mine; whenever we get a takeaway or eat out, as soon an Indian is suggested as a possibility she’ll always moan or pull a face that indicates to me Indian is not on the menu for that evening. She always says there’s nothing she likes from the Indian, so more often than not, we’ll end up with Chinese, Italian etc 

Imagine my horror this evening when I asked what she was up to, and she informs me that she’s away bowling and for an Indian with her mates. I reckon her mates or mother could suggest clubbing baby seals to death, and she be straight on to Amazon hunting for the cheapest seal club that Jeff Bezos is selling. 

Phoning me from a night out. I sent here a WhatsApp out of courtesy before I go to my bed saying something like "Hope yous are having a good time"... The the phone goes, and iv to listen to her, then her pals, drunken slavering nonsense.

Just get on wi your night out ffs

9 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Imagine my horror this evening when I asked what she was up to, and she informs me that she’s away bowling and for an Indian with her mates. I reckon her mates or mother could suggest clubbing baby seals to death, and she be straight on to Amazon hunting for the cheapest seal club that Jeff Bezos is selling. 

Nonsense, surely you could make her one.......

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Phoning me from a night out. I sent here a WhatsApp out of courtesy before I go to my bed saying something like "Hope yous are having a good time"... The the phone goes, and iv to listen to her, then her pals, drunken slavering nonsense.

Just get on wi your night out ffs

You initiated contact, a bad move. Got what you deserved IMO.

My missus has some daft pals she sometimes talks to on the phone and subconsciously dumbs down the way she speaks on the phone and it’s infuriating. Sounds like one of those stoner Californians you see in the movies.

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You initiated contact, a bad move. Got what you deserved IMO.

This is fair I think. It was beaten into a distant second place lastnight anyway after her and her pal burst through the front door like they were on a dawn raid, hollering and braying like donkeys just after I had got off to sleep, then fucked off again christ knows where. 

On 24/06/2022 at 09:13, JamesP_81 said:

Went on a planned trip to IKEA today for a single specific item. Let her walk throught the whole route expecting the usual few utensils etc thrown in . Stop for a coffee before we head to the product pick up place . Walking to the checkouts she disappointedly hits me with " I thought we'd be in here for hours ." We'd literally been there for hours ( got in 5 mins before they opened at 10 and it was now quarter past 12) . I point this out plus the fact that we'd spent over £100 more than the expected quick pick up and she hits back with " yeah but I've been wanting a lamp for the living room since we moved in that we still haven't got and I wanted to get something for lunch when we were in the cafe ". At no point in the shop , including the ....... Lamp section ..... Did she mention this plus in the cafe I literally told her , " I want a coffee get anything you want " . 

image.jpeg.6dd8c8e06d34b2372c6e0d669e4885b0.jpeg

Edited by hk blues

I live in my own flat, partner has own house. She totally blanked me all day Sunday, didn't answer a single Whatsapp or call ( I only tried to call once after 4 messages were read and not replied to ).

And the reason, she wasn't talking to me as she had a dream on Saturday night and I was chatting up someone in it. I genuinely do not know how to respond to that info today. Is asking if the lassie I was chatting up hot appropriate ?

24 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I live in my own flat, partner has own house. She totally blanked me all day Sunday, didn't answer a single Whatsapp or call ( I only tried to call once after 4 messages were read and not replied to ).

And the reason, she wasn't talking to me as she had a dream on Saturday night and I was chatting up someone in it. I genuinely do not know how to respond to that info today. Is asking if the lassie I was chatting up hot appropriate ?

It is if you don't want your nat king for a few months.  If you could video the reaction and post it that would be good though.

Edited by Left Back

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Suffered this nonsense myself with a thankfully long-gone ex, was a case of "picture, no sound" silent treatment all day and when I asked what the f**k was biting her arse she said she was annoyed with me because I''d cheated on her in a dream she'd had last night. I responded in the only sensible way by bursting out laughing.

Takes being annoyed at something you didn't do to a whole different realm.