Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe just me, but that seems totally cuntish, who does he think he is to start speaking to another managers players and demanding they ignore instructions.

His ego is fucking huge these days, someone should remind him how fucking badly he failed with Bayern.

That's not what he's saying though, he was saying that Redmond should be doing it as he's a good player, perhaps suggesting that he should be playing for a better/more adventurous team than Southampton.

Well that's ok then... tapping someone up when they're coming off the park? I'm just saying that at the time (without seeing both articles in the paper) it looked like he was having a go at Redmond. Or his manager. Either way he's guilty of plenty. Including being an arse.

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Well that's ok then... tapping someone up when they're coming off the park? I'm just saying that at the time (without seeing both articles in the paper) it looked like he was having a go at Redmond. Or his manager. Either way he's guilty of plenty. Including being an arse.

I highly doubt he is tapping him up :lol:

Guilty of what exactly? Other than, in your opinion, "being an arse".

I highly doubt he is tapping him up [emoji38]
Guilty of what exactly? Other than, in your opinion, "being an arse".

Well if he's saying he's too good to be at Southampton, whether he means at City or not, surely that's going to unsettle the manager? If he's saying that he should do his own thing and ignore his manager's instructions then it's both bizarre that he thinks a player should do so and also IMO disrespectful to Pellegrino. If he's saying that Southampton should attack more or that they were too defensive or whatever then it's disrespectful to Southampton and to Pelligrino. I'm sure he'd be the first one to complain if another manager wasn't happy with his style of play or players (and rightly so) so why should he get to criticise others for going about their job in the way they want to. For 95 minutes Southampton's approach was working.

Well if he's saying he's too good to be at Southampton, whether he means at City or not, surely that's going to unsettle the player? If he's saying that he should do his own thing and ignore his manager's instructions then it's both bizarre that he thinks a player should do so and also IMO disrespectful to Pellegrino. If he's saying that Southampton should attack more or that they were too defensive or whatever then it's disrespectful to Southampton and to Pelligrino. I'm sure he'd be the first one to complain if another manager wasn't happy with his style of play or players (and rightly so) so why should he get to criticise others for going about their job in the way they want to. For 95 minutes Southampton's approach was working.

Apologies, wee mistake. Not sure how to edit on the app.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Well if he's saying he's too good to be at Southampton, whether he means at City or not, surely that's going to unsettle the manager? If he's saying that he should do his own thing and ignore his manager's instructions then it's both bizarre that he thinks a player should do so and also IMO disrespectful to Pellegrino. If he's saying that Southampton should attack more or that they were too defensive or whatever then it's disrespectful to Southampton and to Pelligrino. I'm sure he'd be the first one to complain if another manager wasn't happy with his style of play or players (and rightly so) so why should he get to criticise others for going about their job in the way they want to. For 95 minutes Southampton's approach was working.

It could perhaps unsettle Redmond, however managers praise other players quite often, not quite so overtly like Pep has here, which is the criticism you could level at him, however he has done it before. I don't think he was necessarily telling Redmond to ignore Pellegrino's tactics, just that he could/should be playing differently as the way Southampton play doesn't suit him.

I don't think it is disrespectful to suggest Southampton should attack more (I don't think that's what he has done here anyway) because IMO Southampton have a decent team (outwith their strikers) which should be aiming for 6th or 7th.

Again I don't think Pep was talking about Southampton or having a pop at them, I think he was talking solely about Redmond, and trying to encourage him, he's done it before with other players.

29 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

The chance of owning that stadium for a couple of quid. 

I'd imagine those rubbing their hands the most will be numerous London solicitors about to rip off all sides that'll be involved in this.

5 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I'd imagine those rubbing their hands the most will be numerous London solicitors about to rip off all sides that'll be involved in this.

It will be a long drawn out process, but after going through most of that report I would be surprised if West Ham don't end up as owners of that place. Which was obviously the long term aim. Brady and Co have pissed it. 

I am used to the constant pandering to the bigotbros here in Scotland (as are we all) but is anyone else getting fed up of the tiresome pandering to all things "Spurs"

Maybe it's just the US coverage of the EPL but, by f**k, every week I feel like throwing something hard and heavy at my TV listening to the spurs wankfest

I realise that a lot of it is because he’s trying to drive his team forward, and forcing things in bigger games, but there surely can’t be a player at a big club in Europe that gives the ball away as often as Alexis Sanchez? It’s almost constant, and yet it’s pretty rare that it’s highlighted by the media at all.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I am used to the constant pandering to the bigotbros here in Scotland (as are we all) but is anyone else getting fed up of the tiresome pandering to all things "Spurs"

Maybe it's just the US coverage of the EPL but, by f**k, every week I feel like throwing something hard and heavy at my TV listening to the spurs wankfest

it does seem to be spectacularly disproportionate arse-licking given the abject lack of anything worthwhile having been won for a ridiculous amount of time; spurs fans have  massive sense of entitlement which they pull out of their arses at any excuse , and are a set of two-faced fucks, as this can veer from being the hard-done to "pwoppah" football team in north london, gamely battling on winning jack shit in the shadow of the massive corporate w**k-fest which is arsenal (who come from woolwich, don't forget), to being a massive corporate w**k-fest themselves and the finest footballing establishment in the history (don't forget the history - it's all about the history) of the universe; massively overblown sense of their own self-importance - but then again, there's always (going to be) the fromagerie and the glass tunnel, of course...

This has been a good game at the Emirates but I find myself almost shouting at the tele telling Man Utd to clear their lines in left back/right back.  The amount of times Pogba and Young have messed around at either side is annoying me.

Archived