Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this Nicola Ghirl the one that absolutely seen another poster off with a sanded chin comment years ago? Cause if so then fair play.

She did briefly, then couldn't let it go and started posting like an utter bunny boiler. It was an amusing time.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Were you doing this the whole time? :lol:

853f15d9c01a39225ed0e30355719b11.jpg.e88ceec13fe916b3f6a4b4aa46cbe8be.jpg

Now that I'm on my laptop I can see that tracky's a bootleg JD Sports job unfortunately.  Similar to the recent Tacchini and Ellesse stuff.

11 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

At the end of the day everyone knows they would shag nichola given the chance. No point trying to deny it and hide behind insults of her username.

Aye she's no bad.

At the end of the day everyone knows they would shag nichola given the chance. No point trying to deny it and hide behind insults of her username.

I have absolutely no idea what she looks like (assuming she's not one of the mutants in that photo) but you're probably correct...

It doesn't take a wiseman of insight to claim that Floyd will win this. However, anyone saying its an affront to boxing have to take a look at themselves after the dross the sport sets up and promotes over the last 3 years.

Floyd is actually longer odds than most favourites in televised matches recently or coming up. So either the bookies are wrong and its fill your boots time, or admit your glorious sport of boxing has already become a WWE like shambles and this McGregor fight is merely standard fare in the recent history of the sport.

J_stewart has already dismantled this point but it really needs stated again - boxing is in the rudest health it perhaps has ever been and the merchants who peddle that the sport isn't the same as it used to be, or is on decline, are miles off.

The flagship heavyweight division is exciting again, no matter your reservations over AJ, with several legitimate contenders and personalities.

Throughout the weights, in the last 12 months alone there has been incredible fights: Jack-DeGale, Gonzales-Sor Rungsvai, Whyte-Chisora, Ward-Kovakev, AJ-Wlad, Burton-Buglioni.

The best are fighting the best and for a sport that's often maligned for the personalities involved, for every Haye/Bellew type bellend there are top guys like Burns, GGG, etc as well as a pound for pound no.1 who would be an incredible face of any sport.

Throw in different TV companies getting involved and trying to raise the profile of the sport even further and it is an exciting time for boxing. This side show should be taken for what it is and both guys roundly laughed at.

1784c23f6f963484e5589a8537fefbc1.jpg

There's the top of the page of odds for upcoming fights. As you scroll down it gets worse. Boxing is full of one sided fights with promoters kidding on they will be some sort of spectacle. This McGregor fight fits in well with the where the majority of the sport is being promoted at the moment.

I agree there have been some great fights and great fighters in the the last 18 months, and I have loved watching them. To say that this McGregor thing is a sideshow to the sport is nonsense though, the sort is full of sideshows at the moment.

1784c23f6f963484e5589a8537fefbc1.jpg

There's the top of the page of odds for upcoming fights. As you scroll down it gets worse. Boxing is full of one sided fights with promoters kidding on they will be some sort of spectacle. This McGregor fight fits in well with the where the majority of the sport is being promoted at the moment.

I agree there have been some great fights and great fighters in the the last 18 months, and I have loved watching them. To say that this McGregor thing is a sideshow to the sport is nonsense though, the sort is full of sideshows at the moment.

Crawford v Indongo is a unification fight for all four belts, and Garcia v Broner is arguably the two best in their division fighting each other. I don't think your post is making the point you want it to, teebs.

Callum Smith is fighting in an 8 man tournament with 4 of the best in his weight class for 2 of the belts.

If the favourites all win, the semis and final will be close enough 50/50s

One of the worst examples of anything ever.

Well it's not really. The 2 reasons being used to say that this fight is a sideshow to boxing are that it is;

1) a mismatch
2) a joke promotion

Well the odds suggests most fights at the moment are a bit of a mismatch and tuning into any sky sports boxing fights at the moment has a distinct whiff of WWF style promotion.

This means, that despite there being some top boxing matches this past year, the mayweather vs McGregor fight ticks the same 2 boxes as a huge amount of fights in the boxing world at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Well it's not really. The 2 reasons being used to say that this fight is a sideshow to boxing are that it is;

1) a mismatch
2) a joke promotion

Well the odds suggests most fights at the moment are a bit of a mismatch and tuning into any sky sports boxing fights at the moment has a distinct whiff of WWF style promotion.

This means, that despite there being some top boxing matches this past year, the mayweather vs McGregor fight ticks the same 2 boxes as a huge amount of fights in the boxing world at the moment.

Bookies odds don't make a fight good or bad, the fighters do.

Just admit you know nothing about boxing and leave it at that.

19 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

any sky sports boxing fights at the moment has a distinct whiff of WWF style promotion.

You need to start posting on the boxing thread stevieda. Everyone's very friendly there. 

Yeah it seems so!

I'm not claiming to know anything about boxing, as a non-fan I'm saying that this fight seems to be like the natural direction for where boxing had been going for some time - a mismatch with embarrassing promotion.

The reaction to pointing this out is quite hysterical.

Archived