Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you mean if it was a real fight mayweather would be sleeping within a minute after getting a shin to the cheek.

The way the best boxer makes a Mockery of mma is to not get hit, not to let him hit you over 100 times for a laugh.

You really are clueless.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

McGregor was breathing out his arse by the later rounds so he does have a point.

My late uncle chose not go full time at boxing and still threw in 7 mile runs before and after his work on building sites, 15 rounds back then right enough so he still had to have a high level of fitness.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

We're folk seriously putting money on the non boxer?

I think it would frighten you how many millions were placed on McGregor.

Let's go through these...

Not Conor Mcgregor. A top boxer, Tennis player, Rower, distance runner, footballer. I could go on. The MMA guys are not on the same level. 

Top boxer - Canelo at 160 (this exact sport)
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
Distance Runner - Mo Farah
Footballer - Ronaldo

Aye but Buncy and Co all gave him the 1st 3, I think the payroll is a lot bigger than we think.

Boxing journalists gave McGregor rounds? What's their motive?

Take it for what it was, an exhibition fight.
To class this as #50 is ridiculous.

How many shots did Berto land? Guerrero? Ortiz?

In a way I'm glad it ended up being an exhibition bout, the publicity would have been horrific if McGregor was getting carried out with a bleed on the brain or something similar, probably wouldn't have been as glad if I had paid for it right enough.

He won three rounds! More than Berto, Canelo and Pacquiao put together!

I don't know, if he'd landed another couple of heatseekers Floyd would have been in trouble.

Is anyone credible claiming this?

It's certainly one to talk about for years to come, not the outcome obviously as that was a foregone conclusion as soon as the fight was announced. It's the fact that there's people out there genuinely stupid enough to believe, that Conor McGregor had a chance in a boxing ring against Floyd Mayweather.

Id rather the body of this was put in an acid vat and the bones burned so any evidence of it ever existing is gone. Just embarrassing really.

Reminded me of GGG v Brook in some ways (albeit with a far, far bigger gulf in class). Mayweather - like Golovkin - realised from the earliest of early bells that he couldn't be hurt by what was in front of him, so just moved forward only paying lip service to any real defence. 99% certain he could have stepped it up at any time he wanted.

Punch stats in this instance are completely redundant also, the vast majority were just McGregor pawing his arm out to try and keep Mayweather back, they may have been counted, but they weren't actually punches in the true sense of the term.

In saying that though, from a glance at twitter, the vast majority of "the casuals" seemed to enjoy it, neither fighter got hurt or particularly embarrassed, both made a fortune, UFC and Showtime will have done a massive buyrate, and boxing/UFC will have increased their profile. A win, win, win for all.

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Bedtime mate, khan's been on his back more times than his ex wife has pumped AJ

Mcgregor is shite, but he'd still do khan whonis a complete fraud as a boxer 

McGregor would have lost to an average boxer, it didn't take a big name to have beaten him,his stance , movement and limited punching style prove this.Mainly because he isn't a boxer.

Well below what could be described as a decent fight, glad I didn't pay for it! Not sure why so many seem surprised though. It's what Mayweather has spent his whole career doing, giving the bare minimum to get past much better opponents than McGregor. It's the reason his record isn't given the recognition it might deserve.

He was hardly going to be pushed to 'up' his game to beat a guy he could afford to offer a few free rounds to take a quick look at before shutting him out for the rest of the fight. No surprises, the bookies must be pissing themselves at the amount of money they took on McGregor![emoji47]

Just watched it on YouTube. Both weren't great tbh, but mayweather started trolling him with ease. How McGregor even thought it was close is beyond me as Floyd had many more gears.

McGregor has a mouth on him which makes him a lot of money; but he's miles off pro boxing and certainly not the best pound for pound mma fighter.

Fair play Connor in making your money mind

To continue the definitely not overdone sports metaphor theme; comparing the stats from that to Mayweather's other fights is like reading a lot into some Malaysian mob popping up with a goal against Real Madrid in June.

It was a bit of a laugh which predictably, everyone came away with a contrived moral victory from. I dare say the MMA fans getting their spreadsheets out and the boxing purists thrashing their maggots about saving £19 are both taking this a bit too seriously.

Archived