Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

3 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

In Rabs defence I genuinely believe he hasn’t personally murdered anyone.  That said, he chooses to associate with those who have murdered, which is pretty disgraceful imo. 

I havnt seen an alibi Jimmy, I wouldn't be so sure.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll
Fair enough but to then comment on something you know nothing about. Ive been to enough Falkirk games as a neutral to know you don’t all walk about with fake eyeballs in your pockets. 
What happened in 1985 was horrific. I wasn’t there but I know plenty of people were and it was horrendous. They just went to watch their team play and have a good time like most fans of any club. 
Not a fan of the team or the mentality of a significant majority of the people from the city but what happened at Heysel was a culmination of many factors. It was wrong and should never have happened but to still be tarring Liverpool fans as murderous thugs is unfair.

Do City have any chance then? I think with the quality the have, they could definitely score 3 against the Liverpool defence, but having to go out and attack from the first whistle will surely leave them very susceptible to the Liverpool attack.

It’s a perfect scenario for Liverpool really playing away from home against a team that has to attack and leave them the space to counter at speed into.

Hat-trick Robbo pls.

30 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Do City have any chance then? I think with the quality the have, they could definitely score 3 against the Liverpool defence, but having to go out and attack from the first whistle will surely leave them very susceptible to the Liverpool attack.

It’s a perfect scenario for Liverpool really playing away from home against a team that has to attack and leave them the space to counter at speed into.

Hat-trick Robbo pls.

i'm still nervous to be honest , if they make a good start anything can happen , in saying that we should score against that backline of theirs

I think City will win on the night, but not sure it'll be enough. A couple of early goals like Barca did to PSG last season would be fun.

Agree with this sadly.
How bookmakers think 9/2 about City to qualify is good value is beyond me. I would not fancy 9/2 if they were playing Burnley with that deficit to overcome.
In saying that I do think they will win on the night. Probably 3-1.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree with this sadly.
How bookmakers think 9/2 about City to qualify is good value is beyond me. I would not fancy 9/2 if they were playing Burnley with that deficit to overcome.
In saying that I do think they will win on the night. Probably 3-1.

Betfair has them a bawhair under 5/1, so ~16% chance they go through.

4 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

The fight is over , Rab has won.

Thank you Dan I didn’t like to declare it myself but it is indeed over.

It is hard to believe that 1 man could defeat so many but this is a victory for good over evil. 

Anyway I've got a Champions League QF to go to. This is all going too well ... what could possibly go wrong ?! :lol: 

Rabs best mates on here are 8mile and some random who only ever posts after he has. There's zero celebration to be had there. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rabs best mates on here are 8mile and some random who only ever posts after he has. There's zero celebration to be had there. 

you are the one and only random, i'd never take that away from you.

8 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Look out for more trouble tonight with Liverpool fans getting tickets for the home end.

Don’t have any problem with that tbf. Says more about Man City that they can’t sell out a champions league quarter final.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don’t forget poor old Grim who was a casualty along the way but we still got there RG ... :D 

46 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

you are the one and only random, i'd never take that away from you.

:D 

'mon the reds, let's do it in style.

Can see Pep getting his jotters after this but not worried they'll come after Klopp, Jurgie has too much loyalty to jump ship. He loves Liverpool's values & traditions, you just don't get that at any other club.

Just hope the la's can keep it tight 1st half & hit them on the break 2nd.

YNWA

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

'mon the reds, let's do it in style.

Can see Pep getting his jotters after this but not worried they'll come after Klopp, Jurgie has too much loyalty to jump ship. He loves Liverpool's values & traditions, you just don't get that at any other club.

Just hope the la's can keep it tight 1st half & hit them on the break 2nd.

YNWA

Well said the badger. It feels like Berlin 1990 on here ... :D 

Archived