Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not bothered about that. Dont like any of them. Just sick of Liverpool fans and their constant acting like animals then campaigning when anything goes against them.

Neither City or Liverpool will win it anyway. English teams not good enough.

Yep. In my view less likely that Liverpool can win it than City. Hence good that Liverpool go through.

Plus good if City only get 2 of the "Quadruple"

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They’re not though

Been ridiculous at times this season

Agreed. Neither side on show tonight were /are pish.  The top end of the  Premiership is very good quality. we shouldn`t  allow the over hype of many pundits to blind us to this.

Still amusing the angst that comes when an "English" team falls short though.

Been good to watch at times but not any top class teams in England and had pretty good draw in Champions League.  Not a great team by any stretch of the imagination.

Come on

They’re definitely a top class team, to say they’re not great just seems mental.

Surely atleast a great team considering they’re scooshing one of the best 3 leagues in the world and are in the last 8 of champions league?

They’ve been absolutely brilliant this season, just go look at a couple of their goals from the weekend ffs. Were missing their most deadly player tonight too.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Come on

They’re definitely a top class team, to say they’re not great just seems mental.

Surely atleast a great team considering they’re scooshing one of the best 3 leagues in the world and are in the last 8 of champions league?

They’ve been absolutely brilliant this season, just go look at a couple of their goals from the weekend ffs. Were missing their most deadly player tonight too.

Possibly a class team but defo not great. To me great teams are Real, Barca and Bayern.  Teams with a proven track record.

2 great goals at weekend will give you that but vs an Everton team that are garbage. Real scored 2 great goals last night vs a very goid Juve team.

I think Sky TV is blinding you mate.

Great win for Liverpool and again justifies Klopp's work in the transfer market. Choosing to wait a few months until VVD became available, and the AOC fee doesn't look as silly now.

Firmino absolutely top class.

Will be fun winning the derby with the U15s on Saturday.

Possibly a class team but defo not great. To me great teams are Real, Barca and Bayern.  Teams with a proven track record.
2 great goals at weekend will give you that but vs an Everton team that are garbage. Real scored 2 great goals last night vs a very goid Juve team.
I think Sky TV is blinding you mate.

I hate how over hyped the EPL is. Said it a thousand times on here before. Like a broken record about it, I’m definitely not an EPL fanboy.

Surely anyone can see that this isn’t a case of them being over hyped though they’ve been superb and like I said have scooshed one of the top 3 leagues in the world.

Definitely a top class team with some incredible players, you’ve only confidently named 3 better teams than them, surely proves it?

The idiots who threw the bottles at the bus tonight are an embarrassment. Hopefully it was all caught on CCTV and they get dealt with. We were standing just down from the main crowd and saw the broken glass when we walked up to the ground after. 

Can’t quite believe what I watched tonight. First 10 minutes Man City were first to almost everything and looked dangerous. Salah slams one in at the Kop end, Anfield erupted and the Champions elect folded. 

Trent AA was outstanding. Brilliant atmosphere from start to finish even half time was non stop on the concorse in the Main Stand :lol: 

Taking nothing for granted though Man City will look to get a goal back next week and they can score 3 or more against anyone. 

Next up Goodison on Saturday :) 

CC9FD4D8-C2B3-476B-BB7F-D25FB1597686.jpeg

90E80645-5946-4764-8349-AED2EBAD7D9D.jpeg

91113186-E286-4B20-87D6-6D10A632FB98.jpeg

The continual career and personal progression made by Robertson, as shown by his performance tonight only highlights the fact more that the sooner Kieran Tierney gets the f**k out of this country and actually earns a living for himself the better it will be, not only for himself obviously, but for us on here and for the country as a whole!!!

How great it would be to have another player for us to enjoy these type of games through vicariously!!!

tremendous result last night , would have took a 1-1 or 0-0 , not getting carried away we still have moments of madness in us , hoping for an early goal next week .

Andy Robertson is the greatest player to play the game.

I am in Liverpool for a conference and so I went to a pub to watch the game. The atmosphere in the pub was amazing, the game was great to watch as well, Liverpool must be hopeful they’ve done enough. Robertson was excellent as always and I couldn’t help noticing all City’s attacks came down the other wing. Alexander Arnold looks like a good player but seemed to have been a bit targeted as a weak spot.

I was sitting next to a old guy who couldn’t get his head around a girl going to a pub on her own to watch football. He was explaining to me how football works and that because Liverpool had not let Man City score it meant that Liverpool's defence was better than Man City's attackers. [emoji23]

19 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I was sitting next to a old guy who couldn’t get his head around a girl going to a pub on her own to watch football. He was explaining to me how football works and that because Liverpool had not let Man City score it meant that Liverpool's defence was better than Man City's attackers. emoji23.png

Was that before or after he swiped your wallet?

36 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Robertson was excellent as always and I couldn’t help noticing all City’s attacks came down the other wing. Alexander Arnold looks like a good player but seemed to have been a bit targeted as a weak spot.

He was pretty poor against Palace, so it was worth a go. Excellent last night though; no player had more interceptions or tackles won, only really let Sane in behind twice all game and made that late goal-saving tackle.

He was pretty poor against Palace, so it was worth a go. Excellent last night though; no player had more interceptions or tackles won, only really let Sane in behind twice all game and made that late goal-saving tackle.

I thought he was excellent last night as well, just thought it was interesting that they’d targeted him. I didn’t know about the Palace game so that would explain why.

Archived