Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

No way is that Liverpool defence well enough organised to withstand this pressure. Liverpool have completely stopped doing the things they are good at in an attempt to stop City doing what they are good at.

Liverpool’s midfield ballwatching time and time again. Long ball punts to Mane ain’t going to cut it tonight.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The City fans are shit. By about the 9 th minute the atmosphere had fallen flat again despite them being in a great position in the tie.

I’ve mentioned this before on here but I’m not sure if the atmosphere doesn’t come across well on tv from the etihad. I’ve been at 3 CL knockout games down there and every time the place has been rocking. PSG in the QFs (I think) 2 seasons ago was one of the best atmospheres at a game I’ve been at and the City fans got slated that night too.

ETA - I think the atmosphere tonight sounds ok.

The Liverpool worry has to be Firmino. The guy is great at ghosting through games, and coming alive at the right moments, but tonight, he is damn near invisible. I think he (and Alex Ox) need to make a meaningful impact on this game that amounts to more than just committing fouls. To be fair, Trent Arnold is having a mare too.

I’ve mentioned this before on here but I’m not sure if the atmosphere doesn’t come across well on tv from the etihad. I’ve been at 3 CL knockout games down there and every time the place has been rocking. PSG in the QFs (I think) 2 seasons ago was one of the best atmospheres at a game I’ve been at and the City fans got slated that night too.

ETA - I think the atmosphere tonight sounds ok.

You might be right and I don’t like Man City or what they stand for one bit so am a tad biased but compared to the atmosphere at Anfield in the first leg this is nowhere near it. You would think the stadium would be rocking for a longer spell than 5 minutes after the goal anyway.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The Liverpool worry has to be Firmino. The guy is great at ghosting through games, and coming alive at the right moments, but tonight, he is damn near invisible. I think he (and Alex Ox) need to make a meaningful impact on this game that amounts to more than just committing fouls. To be fair, Trent Arnold is having a mare too.

Alexander-Arnold was absolutely magnificent last week, but he seems to have used up all his power boosts in that game.

Possession stats at HT will be something along the lines of City 95 - Robertson 3 - Rest of Liverpool 2

Archived