The Celtic All Seasons thread

15 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

well that was highly enjoyable day, we played well and I dont think we were at our best today but we attcked well 1st half especially and we defended well 2nd half and still created better chances to score. Calmac was superb, to go a goal down that early someone needed to step up and it was him that created that goal even if it went through a few players after him before being scored. rangers looked a bit spooked we equalised so quickly. Hes been a far better captain than I thought he would be and he will grow into that role. I think Taylor did well at times , some great tackles but overall we can improve in that position but he would be good squad player to keep. We are still a bit lightweight I think or we would have won that easier. Maeda work rate is unreal. Vickers is brilliant.  Rogic was great and surprisingly ORiley wasnt good. We will keep improving hopefully some young players come through and a couple buys in summer and get rid of a few players who wont get a chance. Next game is just as important as today though, one game at a time.

I think I should have given Taylor more credit for yesterdays performance, he was excellent and he put everything into it. No one worked harder. He was very good and deserves all the praise.

Celtic are edging closer to landing derby hero Cameron Carter-Vickers permanently in the summer - despite solid interest in the defender from three Premier League sides.

Burnley have joined Wolves and Leicester City in the hunt for the 24-year-old US international whose goal at Ibrox on Sunday moved the Hoops to the brink of the title.

But talks between the Parkhead club and Tottenham are ongoing with a £6million option to buy locked into Carter-Vickers’ loan deal in the east end of Glasgow.

That price could rise as high as £10m with future add-ons.

And Record Sport understands the player’s camp believe Celtic - with Champions League football almost secured for next season - is the best place for the 24-year-old to take his game onto the next level as he is enjoying the finest spell of his career in Glasgow.

Carter-Vickers’ star continues to rise after his man of the match display at Ibrox on Sunday in which he followed up his goal with an outstanding backs-to-the-wall defensive display alongside Carl Starfelt.

Those types of performances have alerted the Premier League trio who are closely monitoring the player who has made 39 appearances in the Hoops since his deadline day switch last August.

The eight-times capped US international is also keen to force his way back into Gregg Berhalter’s squad ahead of the World Cup in November and realises he needs to be playing regular top level football for that to happen.

Hoops boss Ange Postecoglou confirmed in February that talks over deals to make Carter-Vickers’ and Jota’s loan deals permanent were about to start - insisting he wouldn’t personally try to convince either as he preferred players to prove their commitment to the club.

He said: “It’ll take care of itself. We all live in a romanticised version of life but it usually comes down to what drives the individual.

“Finances come into it, and other factors can influence the decision. I’m not going to try and convince anyone to stay.

“If you don’t understand how special it is to be a part of this place, nothing I’m going to say will change that.

“I know Cam and Jota love representing this l club. They’re contributing right now and that’s all I need to see.”

52 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

New private jet  incoming  (this is real BTW )

43 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

Oh golly. 

Please tell me that you two nuggets don’t think that has anything to do with Celtic, cause it looks like you do. 

Edited by Drew Brees

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Please tell me that you two nuggets don’t think that has anything to do with Celtic, czuse

Please tell me that you two nuggets don’t think that has anything to do with Celtic, cause it looks like you do. 

You still on it mate?

On 03/04/2022 at 18:40, Jinky67 said:

One of the best feelings for a considerable number of years considering how they laughed at us when

• We fell apart last season
  • we lost our captain and the spine of our first team
  • Eddie Howe knocked us back ( GIRFUY to him too)
  • we lost not 1 but 2 CEO’s
  • We appointed a manager who hadn’t even worked in this hemisphere and predicted he would last 6 months or less
  • We lost 3 of our 1st 6 domestic games
  • Signed a number of players from Japan

Are they laughing today? Are they f**k 

image.gif

Such classy winners these Old Firm types.....that's the bullet you dodged, Eddie ! Howay ....

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Only to you drew .just you .

i meant the livery is real not that it has anything to do with celtic obviously .

Edited by Vegetableman

Assuming rightly or wrongly that we sign CCV and Jota. What positions do you think we need to buy to improve the 1st team. Id go with a Defensive Midfielder and Left back. I think we also need to look at the size and strength of any new buys as we are a bit lightweight and we need some height and strength added to team.

Any players from squad or good prospects from B team you think will feature more next season?

Edited by BigDoddyKane

12 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Assuming rightly or wrongly that we sign CCV and Jota. What positions do you think we need to buy to improve the 1st team. Id go with a Defensive Midfielder and Left back. I think we also need to look at the size and strength of any new buys as we are a bit lightweight and we need some height and strength added to team.

Any players from squad or good prospects from B team you think will feature more next season?

Nothing really against Taylor but he does need better competition and that would allow Scales to go on loan if we do sign another left back. 
I would fancy another cb with Julien alarmingly nowhere near the team. 
I assume Ideguchi is meant to be the new defensive midfielder, hopefully we see a bit more of him before the end of the season before deciding what our next step is with him.

We still have a bit to punt too - Barkas,Boli, Ajeti and Soro would free up a fair whack of wages. Assuming we get more in I would like to see the likes of Johnston, Welsh get more games under there belt elsewhere like I said with Scales. I assume Karamoko is for the off permanently but I’m not that arsed tbh. 

Nothing really against Taylor but he does need better competition and that would allow Scales to go on loan if we do sign another left back. 
I assume Ideguchi is meant to be the new defensive midfielder, hopefully we see a bit more of him before the end of the season before deciding what our next step is with him.
We still have a bit to punt too - Barkas,Boli, Ajeti and Soro would free up a fair whack of wages. Assuming we get more in I would like to see the likes of Johnston, Welsh get more games under there belt elsewhere like I said with Scales. I assume Karamoko is for the off permanently but I’m not that arsed tbh. 
Are you still thinking theres a route for Mikey Johnston? Good feet, but far to lightweight to ever make it at a high level would be my ill informed assessment.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Are you still thinking theres a route for Mikey Johnston? Good feet, but far to lightweight to ever make it at a high level would be my ill informed assessment.

Not really tbh but we have inexplicably given him a long term deal not that long ago with his injury record. I think it’s best he try’s somewhere else next season one way or another. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Good point on Ideguchi, not sure how hes been doing in training. I think I remember he had some injury at some point.

A good pre-season under belt is going to help improve a lot of players for next season I think

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I cant see him stepping up