The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think McGregor is anywhere near the player Tierney is.

I think the lure of the captaincy of Celtic once Brown moves on/retires will be enough to keep McGregor at Celtic.

True

False

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Those players you are deeming as nowhere near good enough is this more to do with how ineffective and poor the coaching is currently at Celtic?

There is argument to say much of Rangers current squad 2/3 seasons ago were deemed to be not good enough yet now with better coaching and clear direction now look completely different players the best of examples of which being Tavernier, Goldson, Arfield, Jack and Kamara. None of them in Gerrards first season looked like they would form part of a team capable of winning this league

I think this also highlights that the appointment of our next manager is absolutely crucial as it will definitely be the biggest influencing factor into who stays and who goes and which of the rest they see potential to be coached to a better level.

I expect to certainly see Edouard go as he has loftier ambition, Christie i'll drive him to personally to where he wants to go however Ajer could he be persuaded? 

No

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I do genuinely feel for this lad. Like you said moving country is tough and it hasn't started great for him and he hasn't been managed well at all.

Its easy for us fans to get really emotional and write a player off however when you try put yourself in his shoes it becomes much easier to have empathy towards him. Mentally it must be really tough and it's not as if he came to Celtic to be anything other than good at his job and successful.

Duffy to an extent is similar where his confidence has been destroyed and he has been badly managed. If it was that east to be a professional footballer and play in the Premier League then all of us still of that age would be living our dreams but on reflection its easy to see he is just a bad match for Celtic due to his technical or perceived lack of technical ability .

This is where the top coaches excel though, the All or Nothing Man City series showed just how precise Guardiolas requirements were to sign a player. If you watched the episodes where they identify and sign Laporte you get an idea of how prescriptive he is in identifying players to fit they way they play

Fecking hell that's the biggest bunch of word salad I've seen in a long time.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fecking hell that's the biggest bunch of word salad I've seen in a long time.

Considering your evident inability to proof read your own posts before hitting send, this isn't that surprising tbh. 

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think McGregor is anywhere near the player Tierney is.

I think the lure of the captaincy of Celtic once Brown moves on/retires will be enough to keep McGregor at Celtic.

It almost seems strange he hasn't been approached by clubs in England, is work rate and energy are something suited to the Scottish game I suppose but yes with Scott Brown more or less finished at Celtic there is a real gap which McGregor and Soro can compete for 

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Stevie woods is one of the best goalkeeping coaches going,you clearly haven't got a clue what you're posting about.

The irony 🙃

I said badly managed not coached they aren't necessarily the same thing. However its pretty clear we do have issues in our coaching department also, removal of your head from whatever orifice its currently buried in may help you see that more clearly

Also Stevie Woods isn't the only person involved in his ongoing support and development.

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

You think Ajer wants to stay ?

I couldn't work out what you were answering no to, i had a couple of questions in that post but now i do

I genuinely don't know however of the 3 i think he is the one i think could be convinced with the promise of more responsibility but then again who knows whats going on in their minds these days. 

Its an absolute cluster f**k of a situation 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So your not including Woods or Strachan or Kennedy just Lennon? 

Have i specifically mentioned Lennon as being the only person responsible for the bad management of Barkas? I am pretty sure JK will have significant involvement with the player as will have others. 

If your trying to suggest my "agenda" is that everything is Lennons fault, then i'm not. There are fundamental failures across the entire management team and the recruitment and management of Barkas is just one of them

Edited by Jinky67