The Celtic All Seasons thread

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

Plus Edouard, Ajer and Christie.

Without those players, Celtic's squad for next season looks like this:

Barkas, Jullien, Taylor, Bitton, Brown (if he extends), Griffiths, Ajeti, Klimala, Soro, Turnbull, Johnston, Connell, Bain, McGregor, Forrest, Welsh, Ralston, Hazard

18 players, and at least 9 of them are nowhere near good enough.

If we only play with 9 players every week we mite get a few draws.

21 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Does he? Depends on fan reaction. 3-4 windows means that the new manager could still be there if you don't win the league in 21/22 or 22/23. I can't see that. Maybe one year at most but depends on how fans are going to react.

Do you not think an old firm side will stand by their man and let the other side win the league (trebles) for 2yrs in a row? 

You sure??????

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Exactly, and if Celtic don't sell them in the summer then they will likely leave for nothing which is why I said you should expect to see Edouard and Ajer leave as well so Celtic can cash in on them.

No no no.

Only tinpot clubs allow assets to run down their contracts and be sold well below their value.

You certainly won't see a club like Celtic making such mistakes.

51 minutes ago, G51 said:

Plus Edouard, Ajer and Christie.

Without those players, Celtic's squad for next season looks like this:

Barkas, Jullien, Taylor, Bitton, Brown (if he extends), Griffiths, Ajeti, Klimala, Soro, Turnbull, Johnston, Connell, Bain, McGregor, Forrest, Welsh, Ralston, Hazard

18 players, and at least 9 of them are nowhere near good enough.

Those players you are deeming as nowhere near good enough is this more to do with how ineffective and poor the coaching is currently at Celtic?

There is argument to say much of Rangers current squad 2/3 seasons ago were deemed to be not good enough yet now with better coaching and clear direction now look completely different players the best of examples of which being Tavernier, Goldson, Arfield, Jack and Kamara. None of them in Gerrards first season looked like they would form part of a team capable of winning this league

I think this also highlights that the appointment of our next manager is absolutely crucial as it will definitely be the biggest influencing factor into who stays and who goes and which of the rest they see potential to be coached to a better level.

I expect to certainly see Edouard go as he has loftier ambition, Christie i'll drive him to personally to where he wants to go however Ajer could he be persuaded? Hes the man i'd be handign an armband too instead of McGregor and would that responsibility encourage him to possibly give us a few seasons more?

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Hahaha what the f**k

Ffs, The ultras trying to burn down the stadium and training complex didnt bother him, but signing a player who couldnt get a game in our team is the final straw. 

Edited by Drew Brees

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Ffs, The ultras trying to burn down the stadium and training complex didnt bother him, but signing a player who couldnt get a game in our team is the final straw. 

Bring him here, we could certainly do worse and it may guarantee Ntcham doesnt come back ;)

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Those players you are deeming as nowhere near good enough is this more to do with how ineffective and poor the coaching is currently at Celtic?

There is argument to say much of Rangers current squad 2/3 seasons ago were deemed to be not good enough yet now with better coaching and clear direction now look completely different players the best of examples of which being Tavernier, Goldson, Arfield, Jack and Kamara. None of them in Gerrards first season looked like they would form part of a team capable of winning this league

I think this also highlights that the appointment of our next manager is absolutely crucial as it will definitely be the biggest influencing factor into who stays and who goes and which of the rest they see potential to be coached to a better level.

I expect to certainly see Edouard go as he has loftier ambition, Christie i'll drive him to personally to where he wants to go however Ajer could he be persuaded? Hes the man i'd be handign an armband too instead of McGregor and would that responsibility encourage him to possibly give us a few seasons more?

There's no doubt some of it is due to the terrible coaching at the minute, but the players I identified were Bitton, Brown, Klimala, Johnston, Connell, Bain, Welsh, Ralston, Hazard. You could probably chuck Barkas in there as well if you're feeling uncharitable, but I spared him because I'm a good guy.

Maybe coaching elevates the level of some of those players, but I'm not sure. It's certainly a projection anyway, which is a risk. And Celtic need to mitigate as many of those as possible.

I've no idea if Ajer would stay or not, but wasn't he widely rumoured to be the player Lennon was referring to post-Ferencvaros as wanting away?

Celtic are by far and away the most interesting club for the next six months. No one really knows what to expect.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

There's no doubt some of it is due to the terrible coaching at the minute, but the players I identified were Bitton, Brown, Klimala, Johnston, Connell, Bain, Welsh, Ralston, Hazard. You could probably chuck Barkas in there as well if you're feeling uncharitable, but I spared him because I'm a good guy.

Maybe coaching elevates the level of some of those players, but I'm not sure. It's certainly a projection anyway, which is a risk. And Celtic need to mitigate as many of those as possible.

I've no idea if Ajer would stay or not, but wasn't he widely rumoured to be the player Lennon was referring to post-Ferencvaros as wanting away?

Celtic are by far and away the most interesting club for the next six months. No one really knows what to expect.

It's all about Celtic.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

Bitton and Brown without a doubt need to be moved on. Griffiths also as he courts controversy and that's something we don't need moving forward.

Johnston is just back after a long injury so again that could be impacting him currently so possibly deserves more time under a better coach, i also work with his sister and she would rinse me if she ever caught wind of me wanting him out 🤣

The same could be said of most of the rest. Welsh and Connell haven't really had a sniff. 

Barkas is the really interesting one. I remember watching one of his highlight videos when we signed him (bad idea i know) and he genuinely looked really impressive but hes been completely ineffective. I'm the last person to use Covid as an excuse however could moving to a new country in the midst of a pandemic with little or no family support been something he hasnt been able to deal with very well mentally? I have no idea

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bitton and Brown without a doubt need to be moved on. Griffiths also as he courts controversy and that's something we don't need moving forward.

Johnston is just back after a long injury so again that could be impacting him currently so possibly deserves more time under a better coach, i also work with his sister and she would rinse me if she ever caught wind of me wanting him out 🤣

The same could be said of most of the rest. Welsh and Connell haven't really had a sniff. 

Barkas is the really interesting one. I remember watching one of his highlight videos when we signed him (bad idea i know) and he genuinely looked really impressive but hes been completely ineffective. I'm the last person to use Covid as an excuse however could moving to a new country in the midst of a pandemic with little or no family support been somethign he hasnt been able to deal with very well mentally? I have no idea

I think Barkas might be suffering from the circumstances tbh. It's hard to move to a new country anyway, never mind when you can't actually go out and integrate yourself into it's culture. Foreign signings really need two years to properly evaluate them. Ask any Rangers fan what they thought of Barisic in the first 12 months.