The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 15/11/2021 at 00:19, Jinky67 said:

My favourite Bertie Auld story was the one he tells about Tiny Wharton.

Bertie : If I call you an arsehole Mr Wharton will I get booked?

Wharton: Yes Mr Auld you would be in trouble

Bertie: What If I just thought you were an arsehole, what would happen?

Wharton: If you just thought it nothing would happen

Bertie: Well then Mr Wharton, I think youre an arsehole

I think there was another story when Bertie played for Birmingham and Wharton was refereeing meaning there was two Glaswegians on the pitch.

It did not last !

On 15/11/2021 at 10:59, bluearmyfaction said:

Also a legend at Birmingham City, and one of the many wonderful things about him was that he never belittled his League Cup triumph with us.   It might have been something of an optional extra for someone with such a powerhouse team as that Celtic nine-in-a-row side.  But he gloried in that as much as any Blue always has done.  And always with a smile.  He was a great half-time interviewee on his visits to St Andrews as well.

Yet for many Blues who were there his greatest moment was the greatest sending-off in Blues history that does not involve Kevin Muscat.  Against Fulham.  For some reason Bertie had riled Johnny Haynes, otherwise mild-mannered, to the extent that Haynes swung a punch at him.  Obviously Haynes was not au fait with Bertie's inner steel.  He soon was. By the time the referee came over to send Haynes off, Haynes was lying unconscious.

So too was Maurice Cook, who had come over to assist Haynes.

Bertie glanced at the referee.  "Oh, shall I go as well?"

Did Bertie not head butt Haynes after Bertie had been sent off for crocking Cook (?) ?

Joey Barton who ?

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Says the Rangers fan on a Celtic thread monitoring questions asked in a Celtic AGM

I’m not sure fans discussing their rivals on a Scottish football Internet forum is akin to fans discussing their rivals at their own clubs AGM 😂

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

FEdlWWYXIAEj_-F?format=jpg&name=900x900

FEdohrlXsAAMSI4?format=jpg&name=large

but i just read elsewhere that there was a anti rangers anti protestant agenda in top flight scottish  football

*Gio Deal Is Close  {i would hope so, because he was from a shortlist of 1}

Edited by Meldrew

Hi,

I am looking to find former players of Tulliallan Thistle and Sauchie Juniors who played alongside George Connelly back in the day for a new film about George's life and career.

I did notice a contributor to this forum by the name of "pie n beans" said they played with big George at TT. It would be great to speak to them.

If anyone on here knows of anyobe else who played with GC for either club it would be great if they could email me on ged@cosmiccatfilms.com.

Many thanks to the Pie and Bovril team for allowing me to put this post up.

Cheers

Ged