The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, The OP said:

That's not two propositions per your incredibly exacting use of the English language. I haven't stated 'or not' which would've been prop b. You seemed to manage there though. 

No. "other than some mild booing" that's or not, other than some mild booing. You don't go into a court room and speak as part of your job do you?  Like on behalf of people? :(

15 minutes ago, The OP said:

You’re a moron. “The question is whether dark matter exists.” OMG that’s not a question, what is the other option?!?!

Hopefully Logan volunteers some more information about where and when he was racially abused and whether anyone can corroborate his allegations. It is something I would like to see investigated but my current opinion in the circumstances is it probably didn’t happen. 

No. Whether dark matter exists OR light matter exists. Whether dark matter exists OR Ian Durrant dived.

You may take that example as being obvious but the Shay question is certainly less so.

Whether Shay the virtuous, the trustworthy and beyond reproach is telling the truth and being blamed for it by Celtic again, or the alternative which you seem unwilling to state is far from clear.  Say what you mean. Take off your pointy white hat and bring your prejudice into the light so we can see it.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

14 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No. "other than some mild booing" that's or not, other than some mild booing. You don't go into a court room and speak as part of your job do you?  Like on behalf of people? :(

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No. Whether dark matter exists OR light matter exists. Whether dark matter exists OR Ian Durrant dived.

You may take that example as being obvious but the Shay question is certainly less so.

Whether Shay the virtuous, the trustworthy and beyond reproach is telling the truth and being blamed for it by Celtic again, or the alternative which you seem unwilling to state is far from clear.  Say what you mean. Take off your pointy white hat and bring your prejudice into the light so we can see it.

I feel you are insecure about the fact I have a relatively unimpressive job. Standfree suffered from the same issue. 

If I could be arsed I'd look for the thread where Aberdeen supporters didn't think they flung stuff at Neil Lennon to compare and contrast. 

Perception is reality in cases like this. Logan has been getting booed ever since reporting the racial abuse. That booing will therefore of course be forever associated with racial abuse. Between that, Celtics refusal to condemn Tonevs actions and general victim blaming tone, its really not a good look.

Its really fucking unsavoury whatever way you look at it tbh, and regardless of whether Logan is a thicko/arsehole/both, Celtic fans desire to keep it going or escalate it utterly demeans them. Any fan who genuinely cared about their reputation and the politics they love to display at football matches would be keen to draw a line under it and encourage others to do the same. Complete lack of class from all concerned.

You do realise the concept that, allegedly being racially abused, and being an utter bawbag are not mutually exclusive, don't you?

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

I feel you are insecure about the fact I have a relatively unimpressive job. Standfree suffered from the same issue. 

If I could be arsed I'd look for the thread where Aberdeen supporters didn't think they flung stuff at Neil Lennon to compare and contrast. 

Not at all, I just find it amusing that you were unable to pose a question. 

If you'd stood in court and made a statement with no alternative just the word "whether" at a witness, the Sheriff would have booted your balls, that's all. You don't have to be a trial or other sort of legal person to impress me, I just found it amusing. I kind of thought it was a reason you were worth engaging with, unlike the majority of the "celtic can do no wrong" raspers.

And it was just Chick Young who thought stuff was thrown at Neil Lennon at Tynecastle, when clearly us saintly Dandies were just offering him a drink. Without a cup right enough. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Not at all, I just find it amusing that you were unable to pose a question. 

If you'd stood in court and made a statement with no alternative just the word "whether" at a witness, the Sheriff would have booted your balls, that's all. You don't have to be a trial or other sort of legal person to impress me, I just found it amusing. I kind of thought it was a reason you were worth engaging with, unlike majority of the "celtic can do no wrong" raspers.

And it was just Chick Young who thought stuff was thrown at Neil Lennon at Tynecastle, when clearly us saintly Dandies were just offering him a drink. Without a cup right enough. 

Aye, ok. 

Logan's reaction to all of this has been very unprofessional and he could've handled this with the seriousness it deserves.

Racism is abhorrent, completely shameful and a stain for anyone accused of this trait.
His subsequent attempts over the years to shift blame, and link the original allegation to the fans of that club with his sideline antics, sly 'bring it on' gesturing and social media exploits have done him no favours whatsoever, and has had the adverse affect of empathy as the victim in all of this.

Unfortunately for Logan I can't see this situation improving, if he continues to play the 'me versus them' you're all racist, hard man act in front of the Celtic support.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

You do realise the concept that, allegedly being racially abused, and being an utter bawbag are not mutually exclusive, don't you?

That's true. I take it you are consistent and apply the same whataboutery logic to the sectarian abuse that Lennon has had to put up with ?

Yes, some football fans are pr1cks. Yes, some football players/managers have a feisty character and could start an argument in an empty house. But that doesn't make racist/sectarian abuse hurled at them okay. In fact, the law of the land says that it is definitely not okay.

45 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Logan's reaction to all of this has been very unprofessional and he could've handled this with the seriousness it deserves.

Racism is abhorrent, completely shameful and a stain for anyone accused of this trait.
His subsequent attempts over the years to shift blame, and link the original allegation to the fans of that club with his sideline antics, sly 'bring it on' gesturing and social media exploits have done him no favours whatsoever, and has had the adverse affect of empathy as the victim in all of this.

Unfortunately for Logan I can't see this situation improving, if he continues to play the 'me versus them' you're all racist, hard man act in front of the Celtic support.

Ffs, how would most people react if they had been proven to be racially abused by a group of people then continued to be abused, racially or otherwise, by the same group of people? Why would you not have a me versus them mentality? There are certainly people who come out of this not looking good but Logan is way down that list. 

Who has his behaviour had an adverse effect of empathy on? Celtic fans, that's it.

The shifting of the blame on here to Logan is exactly how Celtic have played it from the start and what has filtered down to their fans. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Ffs, how would most people react if they had been proven to be racially abused by a group of people then continued to be abused, racially or otherwise, by the same group of people? Why would you not have a me versus them mentality? There are certainly people who come out of this not looking good but Logan is way down that list. 

Who has his behaviour had an adverse effect of empathy on? Celtic fans, that's it.

The shifting of the blame on here to Logan is exactly how Celtic have played it from the start and what has filtered down to their fans. 

That's an awfy well balanced post, you sure you stay in Australia?

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

He handled being the victim of abuse unprofessionally? 

It's a stain because it is abhorrent. If you don't want to be stained by it, there's a solution out there for you.

His subsequent attempts over the years to shift blame,

Pretty sure the blame has been pretty consistently levelled at: The Player who racially abused him, the club that protected that player, the club captain that called him a liar, the club manager that called him a liar and the fans that hurl abuse at him for having the temerity to call them out.

and link the original allegation to the fans of that club with his sideline antics, sly 'bring it on' gesturing and social media exploits have done him no favours whatsoever, and has had the adverse affect of empathy as the victim in all of this.

"done him no favours" I was unaware that playing association football in Scotland without being called a "black c**t" was a favour and why does he need empathy when an apology, a recognition of the wrongs done and action to prevent further abuse would suffice.

You can't see the racist abuse and victim blaming improving unless he stops complaining about the victim blaming and racist abuse?

You sir and tbf, the wider Celtic family are having an absolute mare here.

Stop. Think. Don't write anything else racist

14 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You sir and tbf, the wider Celtic family are having an absolute mare here.

Stop. Think. Don't write anything else racist

It sounds like what Greenlantern and quite a few others are saying, is Logan should be a good n----r, know his place, and just STFU. 

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

It sounds like what Greenlantern and quite a few others are saying, is Logan should be a good n----r, know his place, and just STFU. 

Those are not my words but, why quite a few decent Celtics on here and elsewhere completely detonate their craniums over this is beyond me.

Why would any Celtic fan defend a player that only played 6 games for Celtic,Tonev got a 7 game ban from the SFA on the balance of probability,Logan was vindicated,Tonev's career effectively ended.
When Sinclair was racially abused there was evidence surely there is evidence of Logan getting racially abused?
On the eve of Celtic starting their champions league campaign Brendan gets asked about this, timing is everything in the media. 

4 hours ago, The OP said:

He exchanges words with Mikael Lustig then swings for him. Swinging for another player was not enough for the referee to send him off because presumably the referee couldn’t really be arsed in the last game of the season until Logan continued to lose the plot.

Swings at him? :lol: He pushes him away, because he's up in his face squaring up to him. When he does walk away you've then got Boyata acting like a 5 year old throwing a ball at him, then while he's still walking away you've got some other Celtic player acting like a 5 year old and throwing the ball (and hilariously missing) at him again. Presumably Logan was getting stick throughout the game, I don't see the problem with players giving it back a bit but apparently the green arse cheek do. No one comes out of that video looking good though in any case.

So it’s 500 posts later and a Celtic fan has yet to answer my simple question.

I’ll ask again.

Logan scores at Parkhead. Not a peep from the home support.

Tonev case happens.

Logan is booed at game directly after the case.

Why ?

You can’t use the “acting like a dick response” as this hasn’t happened yet.

So why ? Just admit it and we can move on FFS.

You are basically sending out the message that Black Players cannot report abuse unless there are witnesses and deemed liars when they do so - Correct ?

That’s far far worse behaviour than anything Shay has done since imho (which he’s rightly or wrongly entitled to do to be fair given the years of booing)

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I like how the Celtic lot on here refer to reporting racial abuse as 'acting like a fanny'.

Classy bunch.

No one is saying that at all as you know fine well,  the 'acting like a fanny' refers to him acting like a fanny whenever the two clubs play, nothing to do with racial abuse,  reporting it or not. 

Maybe, just maybe Shay could concentrate on trying to help his team win against Celtic instead of constantly trying to wind up the opposition support,  the fact their recent win at CP was their first win over Celtic in 13 attempts would suggest maybe he should channel his energies into his game rather than acting like a prize fud.