Hibernian Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday August 5

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs played quite well, thought McGinn was very good, Bartley was effective and Murray had a great game as well. Boyle was the best of the lot, although normally he'll be up against a left back that isnt Callum Booth, so that'll be more of a challenge for him.

Osman was a passenger today, clearly not fit enough yet. Barton was alright I thought, got caught on the ball a few times but sprayed some good passes. Keown was good, but that's about it. Archie needs to bring in a striker ASAP, Kevin Nisbet is not good enough.

Ambrose's tackle on Erskine looked an absolute shocker and I didn't think the ref had the best of games, although that's obviously not the reason we lost.

Well played Hibs, hopefully Doolans back soon or Tuesday night will be a write off.

I'd have Big Daz in beside Hanlon as well but can't see Lennon dropping Efe. I didn't think we need all 3 in there with Bartley in midfield. Some tough decisions for Lenny. 

I'd rather Daz and Hanlon too, Efe was a bombscare today.

Hibs are a team in Lennon's image - they niggle and foul at every opportunity. McGinn is a dirty wee so-and-so. Hope that useless excuse for a referee took so long to book him is beyond me. Welcome back, by the way...

Head's gone and it's only the first game of the season

Minter

I'm enjoying getting to eat my words about Murray each week. He's still raw as f**k but some of his hold up play was excellent today. If he can keep it, he could potentially complement Stokes really well.

Was howling at Efe dribbling out and getting sent up in the air at the end. Some of that c**t's decisions man.

fuckme.png

Kevin Nisbet might well be as bad as Paul Ritchie and Willie Callaghan. He'd even put Gillberg over.

Also, if we hadn't sat with our finger up our arse with one striker, we could well have addressed the left back position too. Hes alright going forward, but f**k me, how many goals and penalties are going to continue to come through Booth? 

Really happy with that performance. Midfield is looking excellent, fluid, interchangeable and unpredictable. I thought Swanson made a strong league debut today, he is going to create loads of chances for himself and others through linking intricate wee plays on the edge of the box this season. McGinn was excellent today, Mcgeough started a bit sloppily but grew into the game and Bartley was his usual dominant self. 

Simon Murray's movement and pace caused so many problems and created so much for us. To be fair to him as well his final product is a lot better than I gave him credit for. Fair fucks to Lenny. Agree about Ambrose, thought he was poor and hopefully due to a lack of preseason. Definitely wasn't a red though, clumsy not malicious, deserved yellow. 

And as sad as it is to say Whitty > Gray.

Bring on the ****. Even more beeling i never got a ticket :thumbsdown

5 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Beer tent is7d9a5eef61b41ab4af6c4b405d8f7d0d.jpg

How was it? walked past and looked like it was people standing having a pint inside a tent, much for a pint?

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I'm enjoying getting to eat my words about Murray each week. He's still raw as f**k but some of his hold up play was excellent today. If he can keep it, he could potentially complement Stokes really well.

Was howling at Efe dribbling out and getting sent up in the air at the end. Some of that c**t's decisions man.

fuckme.png

had a genuine :lol: at that. ended up landing on his head :lol: 

No complaints, got our arses well and truly felt after a really promising first 10 minutes.

We were always going to be pissing into the wind without Dools. I know we're being patient for the right targets but it is pretty criminal to start the season with that charlatan Nisbet as second choice.

I thought we struggled to contain Hibs' midfield throughout despite having three of our own in there. Osman is increasingly pedestrian at times; he's likely not yet fully fit but I do wonder if we've seen the best of him. Barton is a classy player on the ball but again, very one paced and rarely incisive from the middle of the park. Bannigan did reasonably well and was busy but tired and ideally would have come off if we had a suitable replacement.

I thought Hibs eventually did a good job of exploiting our weakness down the sides. Christie's defensive deficiencies were exploited at times - there was always a ball in between him and Keown that Hibs increasingly found in the first half. We've seen Booth sell that kind of penalty before unfortunately and we looked increasingly vulnerable down the left in the second half.

I think we'll look a better proposition and more balanced with a left sided centre half; we got forced down dead ends at times because of the abundance of right footers.

I was quite impressed with Hibs especially the quality of their bench. McGinn, McGeough and Swanson interchanged very well at times, and we never got on top of them. I still rue Hibs pipping us (allegedly) to the signing of Murray - a real workhorse.

For us, I think a fair objective would be to be the best of the rest unless we make a couple of top signings.

Sounds like a few Hibs fans have had that moment I did a few years back.

Said it a hunner times on here, pre season v a full strength Dons team, we had 7 signed players, Murray being one.

5-0 down 85 minutes played, and the mental b*****d is still running about chasing down every fucking ball. He's got to where he is through hard work and I absolutely love it, he was at a shite Dundee junior team at the end of the 12/13 season. c***s infectious and a great team player.

I don't even care that I'm a total weirdo in my defence of him on here because of all of the above.

Great win for Hibs and great support going by what I've seen on twitter, from both Thistle and Hibs. Well in.

Sounds like a few Hibs fans have had that moment I did a few years back.

Said it a hunner times on here, pre season v a full strength Dons team, we had 7 signed players, Murray being one.

5-0 down 85 minutes played, and the mental b*****d is still running about chasing down every fucking ball. He's got to where he is through hard work and I absolutely love it, he was at a shite Dundee junior team at the end of the 12/13 season. c***s infectious and a great team player.

I don't even care that I'm a total weirdo in my defence of him on here because of all of the above.

Great win for Hibs and great support going by what I've seen on twitter, from both Thistle and Hibs. Well in.

He is a ginger Prince.

Simon Murray literally threw himself like a fucking javelin at a couple of Thistle defenders this afternoon trying to block the ball, one way to win over the fans on your home league debut. I think Dominique Malonga would have a heart attack just watching him play. :lol:

Was nice of Thistle to try and model a game on my sex life with 7 minutes of high quality pumping then 83 minutes of lying in the foetal position and crying, but they got the ratio wrong though, it should be 2 and 88.  Don't think Cerny had touched the ball by the time we scored but we didn't lay a glove on Hibs in the rest of the game.

Hopefully today showed that we can't play all of Barton, Osman and Bannigan in midfield when they all want to occupy the same square metre. If Doolan is injured it is a disaster as the drop off is huge, I don't want to have a go at Nisbet but he's not the answer now and doesn't look like he will be in the future for any team above League 2 level.

Was quite an odd game as I expected Hibs to fly out the traps and us to buckle early on but it was almost the opposite. Always going to be tricky away to them with the newly promoted team momentum. Who have we got next, that shouldn't be as .... ah... Celtic. Well, after that? St Johnstone away? f**k. After that should be.... Aberdeen?! f**k sake.

Archived