Hibernian Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday August 5

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/23/2017 at 23:00, cilitbang said:

Don't have any worries about us causing Hibs problems as I think our midfield will dictate most of the game, it's the defence that worries me. Unless we bring in a top notch LCB im guessing it will be Keown + Devine and Barton will drop in once were 4-0 up by the 1st half ;)

Only bothered about Swanson, hopefully we stick the boot in early and he loses interest.

:lol: 

Great attacking performance from Hibs, we were great for a sixth of the game but then we seemed to be second to everything. 

Fucked off to the Mash Tun after Hibs went 3-1 up.

Still pished.

We started well enough but thought Hibs strolled it after their first goal and we only really got back into the game when they took their foot off the gas after the third goal. Even if he isn't the most glamorous player, I thought that Murray would be a good signing for Hibs. Seen him a few times and always puts in 100%, did the same yesterday.

There was clearly a huge gulf in squad strength, Hibs could afford to leave Stokes on the bench and were able to bring on a couple internationalists later on whilst most of our subs were 20 or under, didn't even bother with a 3rd sub as it would have been pointless. Stating the obvious but we're still short and the manager knows this, the striker we bring in better be worth the wait, Azeez has been away for about a month and we still haven't replaced him.

Plus side is that it was a brilliant day out, usually a great away day but even better with the festival on. Good crowd for the game too.

As much as I naturally want Hibs to be shite (8)), it's great to see that sort of crowd at Easter Road yesterday and hopefully it's maintained. Ironically, it's a shame that we're the ones who are currently fucking shit - as if we were in a better state on the park, this would be the healthiest football in Edinburgh has been since the 2005-2007 mini golden period.

8 hours ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

:lol: 

It's fine dude. I've learned my lesson to not ever have faith in my team being competent..

Maybe the team will show up at Firhill and we will have an actual outball

Enjoy your giant killing weekend celebtations ;)

23 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

image.jpg

Yeah a was wrong about yesterday. With the injuries we've had im hoping our c**t of a performance was down to that and when every 1s fit We are a lot better. However what i did say was the player that worried me was Simon Murray that boy is something else. Work rate and fitness wise I see him high on the scoring charts this season just for sheer effort. 

See Osman tweeted that he "did well to keep his cool yesterday". Is this the first time that anyone has had the cheek to give him a game like McGinn did? He looked distinctly average up against our midfield. 

12 minutes ago, Zing. said:

See Osman tweeted that he "did well to keep his cool yesterday". Is this the first time that anyone has had the cheek to give him a game like McGinn did? He looked distinctly average up against our midfield. 

He looked off the pace in the LC game against St Mirren as well. Usually starts the season slow, but that was an uncharacteristically poor performance yesterday, which probably is a testament to McGinn's ability.

I'd guess the keeping his cool comment was relating to the way in which the referee pretty much lost control of the game, tbh.

13 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

It's went under the radar a bit just how good the Hibs midfield has been for the past two seasons, what with being in the diddy leagues and that.

They seemed to have some of their best performances in recent years against Premiership clubs in the cups. Guys like Bartley and McGinn certainly prefer a high tempo, end to end game rather than playing in front of 10 or 11 players. Hopefully this league just suits them more.

Someone mentioned unpredictability earlier and I think the addition of Swanson is the main difference there. Always felt I could map out Hibs' next five passes in the last few years. With Swanson making late runs into the box or taking it into feet in attacking positions, everything's a bit more fluid. 

Archived