Hibernian Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday August 5

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Gray or Whittaker is a hard one, how can you drop Whittaker after today? 

Simple, incase he decides or forgets he is playing for Hibs and suddenly becomes The Rangers best attacking threat on the Hibs goal. :angry:

12 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

SIGN A FUCKING STRIKER, THISTLE!!!11

Apologies for shouting.

Let it all out I say and if you want to shout a bit louder I suggest you select bold type with caps lock for impact. :)

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Simon Murray literally threw himself like a fucking javelin at a couple of Thistle defenders this afternoon trying to block the ball, one way to win over the fans on your home league debut. I think Dominique Malonga would have a heart attack just watching him play. :lol:

Had a decent discussion with the boy beside me about Murray. Haven't seen a striker look that hungry off the ball in a long time (least until Lennon told him to simmer down mid-way through the second half :lol:). Sure we've had strikers that pressed the opposition.. but there was one in front of the west stand where he nearly two footed the boy to block the ball

I'll be amazed if Murray doesn't pick up a red this season when one of those lunges goes wrong

Lads, we're actually having discussions here about not having room to play SDG and Efe Ambrose.

A couple of years ago we had a geriatric Alan Maybury and Michael Nelson kicking about and now one of the biggest Hibs legends of all time and a guy with a shitload of caps for Nigeria arguably wouldn't get into our strongest starting lineup.

Just let that sink in.

18 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Lads, we're actually having discussions here about not having room to play SDG and Efe Ambrose.

A couple of years ago we had a geriatric Alan Maybury and Michael Nelson kicking about and now one of the biggest Hibs legends of all time and a guy with a shitload of caps for Nigeria arguably wouldn't get into our strongest starting lineup.

Just let that sink in.

Two Liff Internationals as well. Amazing how much the club has changed. 

18 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Maybe it's the tv camera but anytime I see us play on a big pitch (Easter road, Parkhead, Ibrox) we look lost

Fairly sure Firhill is one of the biggest pitches in Scotland, or at any rate that it’s almost but not quite the widest.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sounds like a few Hibs fans have had that moment I did a few years back.

Said it a hunner times on here, pre season v a full strength Dons team, we had 7 signed players, Murray being one.

5-0 down 85 minutes played, and the mental b*****d is still running about chasing down every fucking ball. He's got to where he is through hard work and I absolutely love it, he was at a shite Dundee junior team at the end of the 12/13 season. c***s infectious and a great team player.

I don't even care that I'm a total weirdo in my defence of him on here because of all of the above.

Great win for Hibs and great support going by what I've seen on twitter, from both Thistle and Hibs. Well in.

I've had enough of you posting on Hibs threads recently now that your high school crush is playing at ER. 

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Was nice of Thistle to try and model a game on my sex life with 7 minutes of high quality pumping then 83 minutes of lying in the foetal position and crying, but they got the ratio wrong though, it should be 2 and 88.  

:lol:

Up until the goal we were great. If anything, I was expecting Hibs to start brighter so I was pleasantly surprised when we got an early goal. After that we shat ourselves and Hibs strolled it.

Booth was absolutely abysmal. Elliott and Penrice are both better options on the left than he is. Elliott isn't a right back, since he refuses to use his right foot and cuts inside every time, even to make 5-10 yard passes. Would much rather him on his natural left side. Everything that needs to be said about Nisbet has already been said. Only pass marks for me today were Erskine, who at least attempted to carry the ball forward, and Barton who, despite his lack of pace, also looked far more comfortable today than he has when being played out of position in the league cup.

Even taking away how bad we were, I thought Hibs looked pretty good. I don't think Simon Murray will score a lot this season, but he chases every ball, and forces defenders into mistakes, which will prove very effective if he keeps that up all season. He was a deserved MOTM today. Martin Boyle also caused a lot of problems and I was impressed with him. I can see why the Hibees like him, but John McGinn is a horrible wee c**t.

Beaten by a better team today. Battle was lost in midfield, where Osman, Bannigan and to a lesser extent Barton were all miles off the pace, allowing McGinn and McGeouch to control the game.

Doolan having to go off for Nisbet killed any chance we had of getting back into it, as we were basically a man down from that point onwards. For all he tries, Kevin Nisbet will never, ever be a footballer at this level. He's League One at absolute best, and if we don't sign a striker this week it's a fucking disgrace.

Speaking of strikers, Simon Murray isn't the best footballer, but what he does offer is an incredible work rate which helped his team out numerous times today. We like to pass out from the back, but every time Keown, Devine or Cerny had it he was sprinting at them like a madman, causing us to go long and reapeatedly lose the ball. All day this was happening. Absolute nightmare to play against someone like that.

We were fucking shit past going two one down. Upside is had a great away day. Got wrecked and had a lol with Hibbies. It's a win win. Unsure that Hibs team is that convincing just now but feel they'll develop into a beast. We had f**k all today really.

Archived