Work colleagues

Folk have been saying "what's happening?" as a greeting for twenty years or more.

It usually sounds more upbeat than my grumbled "mornin'", so I'm thinking it might be the hallmark of a guid c**t.

6 hours ago, thistledo said:

Very middle management behaviour to desire people to come into the office. The reasons behind why are always pish as well. Don't get me wrong though, when I work in a city and if there's a few good c***s I work with an after work pint(s) on a Thursday or Friday is rather pleasant. I'm quite a social person, but I absolutely fucking love working alone and I'll never change.  

Depends on the job but I find everyone works better when together in the same office. Employees have became entitled as f**k since covid. People wanting to work at home to look after their dogs alongside other pish excuses. 

Yes I sound like a dinosaur 

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Depends on the job but I find everyone works better when together in the same office. Employees have became entitled as f**k since covid. People wanting to work at home to look after their dogs alongside other pish excuses. 

Would disagree with you, anytime I’ve been into the office I’ve got f**k all done because folk just want to talk. In my spare room I get peace and quiet and get to decide who I want to speak to (sometimes).

There are always folk who take the piss and do nothing working from home but good management should avoid that

13 hours ago, Aufc said:

Yes I sound like an ars*hole

Ftfy

13 hours ago, Aufc said:

Nah, I find I spend most of my day talking and being easily distracted when I'm in the office. Get far more done working at home

14 hours ago, Aufc said:

I work longer when I'm at home, it only a 15min walk to office and back, but by the time I make a lunch and pack laptop etc and get sorted start later, and by 16.30 had enough of being in office. No-one bothers or interrupts at home to tell me of their past weekend, pending weekend, I don't have to pretend to care. no queue at the microwave at lunchtime at home. Teams call or message works the same if I'm in office or at home. Management let you get on with it and it works.

Edited by MEADOWXI

8 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I work longer when I'm at home, it only a 15min walk there and back, but by the time I make a lunch and pack laptop etc and get sorted start later, and by 16.30 had enough of being in office. No-one bothers or interrupts at home to tell me of their past weekend, pending weekend, I don't have to pretend to care. no queue at the microwave at lunchtime at home. Teams call or message works the same if I'm in office or at home. Management let you get on with it and it works.

Some size of house.

23 hours ago, Wacky said:

Still sounds like a bizarre response to someone saying good morning. 

ah dinnae unnurstaund the young ains nooadays 

Sounds like you've outaged 'wacky' and need a change to Brian or something like that.