Work colleagues

The company I work for is 10 years old this week.  And to celebrate the directors are taking everyone to Las Vegas for the weekend.  
It was arranged in October and I, along with 4 or 5 others, started working here in November so we aren't going.  The company isn't closing, were having to work as normal and just do the job of about 4 people each today and Monday, dealing with clients and customers.
They're flying Aberdeen > Heathrow this morning then Heathrow > Vegas tonight so they've had to get into the office for 5 am today to be driven to Aberdeen to catch the flight at 9.   One of the lads lives in the Black Isle but luckily his dad lives about a 5 minute drive from the office, so naturally he stayed there last night so he can walk the 15 minutes from there to the office this morning.
Just found out from a colleague that he and his dad were up until 2 this morning boozing, he didn't turn up at 5 at the office, one of the cars went into the general area of where they think his dad lives, they rang him several times, Facebook messaged, the lot.  No answer.
He phoned them at 7 this morning in a blind, drunken panic, only to be told they're just past Inverurie and he has to get his pished arse into work for half 8.   As I type this at half 8, there's no sign of him.  But when he does show up, my reaction will of course be 'haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa'.

He’s as well just never coming back tbh.

Agreed, he’s best never returning, he will never live that down. I would be looking to sack him if possible if I was a director, given the cost involved to take him to Vegas.

24 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Somewhere on the Swiss version of Pie and Bovril, someone is bemoaning the idiotic Scottish c*nt who just cost us $12k thanks to what amounts to a glorified admin error.

You in the shit then?

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Agreed, he’s best never returning, he will never live that down. I would be looking to sack him if possible if I was a director, given the cost involved to take him to Vegas.

I'd keep him on for the joy of taking the pish for evermore.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You in the shit then?

Doubtful. Some fud working for a trade counterparty is getting blamed for it given he gave me duff information in the first place. Relative to what this is linked to, $12k is almost nothing, so I should get away with it. Seen colleagues in here cost us over 10x that through simple mistakes and get away with a warning, so the signs are good even if they do blame me!

I'm training a guy at work this week - Ice Cube's doppelganger- but there hasn't really been much point AS THE c**t KNOWS EVERYTHING ALREADY.  I'm telling him how to do stuff but this c**t decides he's going to do it his own way. When I tell him that he is eventually going to get caught out and lose his job, the god fearing maniac says "If this job is meant to be, it's meant to be". When I asked him if he was talking about fate he said "Yes". When I explained to him that not doing his job properly will be the reason he gets punted and that it would his own doing and f**k all to do with fate he said he doesn't really care about jobs. 

I'll give him two weeks. 

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Muesli and Hot Chocolate?

58 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Raclette and Cuckoo.

I reckon Wurst und Kaffee is probably the likely answer.

57 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Tarte et Bouillon

You can f**k off back over the Röstigraben, Franco.

I'm training a guy at work this week - Ice Cube's doppelganger- but there hasn't really been much point AS THE c**t KNOWS EVERYTHING ALREADY.  I'm telling him how to do stuff but this c**t decides he's going to do it his own way. When I tell him that he is eventually going to get caught out and lose his job, the god fearing maniac says "If this job is meant to be, it's meant to be". When I asked him if he was talking about fate he said "Yes". When I explained to him that not doing his job properly will be the reason he gets punted and that it would his own doing and f**k all to do with fate he said he doesn't really care about jobs. 
I'll give him two weeks. 
Newbie with attitude

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The company I work for is 10 years old this week.  And to celebrate the directors are taking everyone to Las Vegas for the weekend.  

It was arranged in October and I, along with 4 or 5 others, started working here in November so we aren't going.  The company isn't closing, were having to work as normal and just do the job of about 4 people each today and Monday, dealing with clients and customers.

They're flying Aberdeen > Heathrow this morning then Heathrow > Vegas tonight so they've had to get into the office for 5 am today to be driven to Aberdeen to catch the flight at 9.   One of the lads lives in the Black Isle but luckily his dad lives about a 5 minute drive from the office, so naturally he stayed there last night so he can walk the 15 minutes from there to the office this morning.

Just found out from a colleague that he and his dad were up until 2 this morning boozing, he didn't turn up at 5 at the office, one of the cars went into the general area of where they think his dad lives, they rang him several times, Facebook messaged, the lot.  No answer.

He phoned them at 7 this morning in a blind, drunken panic, only to be told they're just past Inverurie and he has to get his pished arse into work for half 8.   As I type this at half 8, there's no sign of him.  But when he does show up, my reaction will of course be 'haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa'.

Keep us posted!

ETA: I see you have. What a silly billy he's been!

Edited by Jacksgranda

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I wonder if his Dad deliberately got him wrecked so he'd miss the trip for some reason.

I'm almost fuming at this w****r. A free trip, possibly once in a lifetime sort of thing, and he wrecks it by getting drunk the night before. Monumental stupidity and a massive mark against the guy's character both personally and professionally. 

Imagine chucking all of that away, and now having to face possible disciplinary action at the least and knowing as a total dick who will be labelled untrustworthy forevermore in that company, all because he couldn't say no to some drinks for a single night. Guy could have been loading up the airports and on the plane itself just a few hours later if he really felt the need.

Imbecilic, mind bogglingly stupid stuff.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I'm almost fuming at this w****r. A free trip, possibly once in a lifetime sort of thing, and he wrecks it by getting drunk the night before. Monumental stupidity and a massive mark against the guy's character both personally and professionally. 

Imagine chucking all of that away, and now having to face possible disciplinary action at the least and knowing as a total dick who will be labelled untrustworthy forevermore in that company, all because he couldn't say no to some drinks for a single night. Guy could have been loading up the airports and on the plane itself just a few hours later if he really felt the need.

Imbecilic, mind bogglingly stupid stuff.

And never mind @TheScarf or someone else could have gone on the maybe £2000 freebie instead.