Work colleagues

I am sure I have talked about this guy before but I briefly worked with a 5 foot 2 chubster who claimed to have been in some double hard b*****d army regiment, and was shot in Mozambique resulting in the loss of his spleen or some other organ.

He was then overheard at the smoker saying his spleen was removed as a child because of illness. He was challenged on the shooting story and quick as a flash replied "oh yeah I was shot where my spleen WOULD have been"

Fucking hell man. Do these folk believe their own tales? I think this guy did. He had many.

20 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Anyone whose ringtone is anything other than generic ring ring needs sacking.

Promotions for anyone with vibrate or silent.

I use to use one of the standard ringtones that came with the phone.   This meant I was constantly checking my phone whenever I heard that ringtone.

Now I use a ringtone that is definitely mine - or at least I haven't heard anybody else using it.

The more irritating one is the Notifications tone.  WhatApp and other things seem to update 12 times a day - so the shortest, quietest Notification tone is essential.

57 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Sounds exactly like a guy I worked with who was a moped enthusiast. I never saw him on one but the image I had was of a scooter with industrial strength reinforced suspension with a Boeing engine to power it. 

One of his whoppers was that the signal strength icons at the top of your mobile screen don't actually work and are just there for show. Fat f**k.

I don't think he was lying here, tbf. 

'In all honesty, the bars on a cellphone do not really mean anything. They are an aesthetic representation of the signal strength. The signal strength is measured by decibels. Depending upon the make and the model of the phone, there can be quite a bit of fluctuation between the bars on one phone to another phone'

https://www.signalbooster.com/pages/what-do-signal-bars-on-a-cell-phone-really-mean

Sounds exactly like a guy I worked with who was a moped enthusiast. I never saw him on one but the image I had was of a scooter with industrial strength reinforced suspension with a Boeing engine to power it. 
One of his whoppers was that the signal strength icons at the top of your mobile screen don't actually work and are just there for show. Fat f**k.
woupdnt have been at tesco call centre dundee 10 years ago or so?

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

'In all honesty, the bars on a cellphone do not really mean anything. They are an aesthetic representation of the signal strength. The signal strength is measured by decibels. Depending upon the make and the model of the phone, there can be quite a bit of fluctuation between the bars on one phone to another phone'

https://www.signalbooster.com/pages/what-do-signal-bars-on-a-cell-phone-really-mean

That was on QI once.

5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

8lMOFoN.jpg

Genuinely not far off it. 

5 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I live in a house in a bit of a dip at the bottom of a hill where the signal varies greatly from one side of my house to the other. When I'm in the spot where I can actually make and receive calls I have 3 bars and when I'm out of range I have none. I haven't read the link you posted but given that it is from signalbooster.com I'm guessing their main job is to get punters to part with their hard earned to buy signal boosters. 

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:
6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

woupdnt have been at tesco call centre dundee 10 years ago or so?

I don't know but I doubt it. The lazy bassa said he had been out of work for years and only got the job with the company I worked for because he was obliged to attend a job interview or else he was getting his benefits cut or stopped. Claimed he was gutted to get the job. If his first name began with S and ended with tevie then it's possible it's the same guy. 

My last work made everyone buy their own tea and coffee. Nobody could be arsed being in charge of a kitty so everyone brought in their own pints of milk. Cue about 30 individual pints of milk in the fridge - most curdling after spending weeks there and being forgotten about, not to mention arguments about whose milk was whose. In fact, the arguments were such that the company provided a marker pen that was left by the fridge so people could mark their own cartons. 
Fucking madness. When I run my own company (likelihood of it ever happening: zero) ... I'll provide tea / coffee / sugar / milk to the staff. However, water comes out the fucking tap so there's no chance I'll be getting a water cooler. 

This is the best argument against libertarianism that I’ve seen yet.

It's getting really impressive how little work one of the other guys does here. He just sits and watches videos all day. The past few weeks it's been Family Guy and on Friday he managed to watched the entire Lego Movie. Astonishing

Is this guy still employed? I respect his vibe.

I currently have the pleasure of working on a one-man project. I sit down at half 8, headphones go in, and I barely have to interact with another human being in real time until I shove off at half 4.

Naturally I am producing work that is utterly incomprehensible to and unsupportable by anyone who isn't me.

I currently have the pleasure of working on a one-man project. I sit down at half 8, headphones go in, and I barely have to interact with another human being in real time until I shove off at half 4.
Naturally I am producing work that is utterly incomprehensible to and unsupportable by anyone who isn't me.

^^^^
Working on a masturbation video, imho.

Had a meeting this afternoon. Due to numbers and space held in main office with most folk sitting at their desks.
Could hardly hear the bloke speak for the arseholes that decided they weren't interested and were just battering away on their keyboards and working away. Totally ignorant behaviour to the bloke speaking