Work colleagues

Knock the f**k out him.

If not up that.....

Guaranteed he's got PTSD so keep shouting "BOOOOM" behind his back.

Start dressing more 'Muslimy' , [emoji769]XBL[emoji2398][emoji2400] , a nice thick vest for example.

He'll quickly melt into psychosis, they usually do [emoji41]
Jesus f**k

1 hour ago, charon said:

^^^

Pish.

Big Team found then.

It's called a 'Work ethic'.

😏

I have no objection to people doing extra hours when extra hours are required.  With some jobs it goes with the territory.

However I have met plenty who do it in a "look at me" manner.

One person I knew worked crazy hours all the time and constantly boasted about "burning the midnight oil".

One day he asked me "why are we so inefficient?"  I had to laugh.  His whole mode of operation encouraged inefficiency.

Edited by Fullerene

I was once grilled by my line manager, in a monthly review, why I pretty much worked my contracted hours, while all my colleagues were doing minimum 5 or 6 hours unpaid OT per week.

I pointed out that as me and my team were exceeding all targets set, surely the question should be getting asked of all my colleagues as to why they couldn't achieve their results In  less time?

She never broached the subject again.

Edited by Boghead ranter

44 minutes ago, philpy said:

He is the type of guy who, if I shifted 4 pallets of plywood and put them back in 3 inches too far to the left, would take them all back out and restack them all.

No wonder he has to work through lunch tidying up after you. An inch maybe, but 3?!?. Have you not got a side shift?

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

I have no objection to people doing extra hours when extra hours are required.  With some jobs it goes with the territory.

However I have met plenty who do it in a "look at me" manner.

One person I knew worked crazy hours all the time and constantly boasted about "burning the midnight oil".

One day he asked me "why are we so inefficient?"  I had to laugh.  His whole mode of operation encouraged inefficiency.

You're missing the Big Team found thing....

7 hours ago, charon said:

You're missing the Big Team found thing....

Do you think it reflects a strong work ethic to be in the office even if you have nothing to do?

Maybe for some jobs but not all.

In my experience it is often about an employer who takes a slack attitude to overtime as in "we will pay it if you do it but we won't check if you actually needed to".

I dont think my workmate gets that no-one wants to hear about her daughters 5th year biology exam much less get a daily update on her study progress and test results.

I don't mind people occasionally speaking about their kids, not in the slightest, but theres only so many times I can hold a smile through "Elizabeth got 80% on her past paper last night".

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not everyone hates their work.

I've never had a job where I've downed tools at the end of each day and TBH I don't know how anyone can waste so much of their lives doing something they hate so much that they can't take their eyes off the clock. It must be a dreadful way to live.

Some folk have mortgages to pay m9. 

There you go, iv Teed you up perfectly....

Unless there is a genuine emergency threatening human lives, doing extra work for no extra pay is the definition of insanity. It's voluntary slavery.

My contracted hours are 8.30-5. I generally come in about 7.45 and leave at 5.15. Helps me keep on top of shite. Plus i genuinely like work and the company I am with, i get paid very well and i will eventually become one of the wanks at the top. So doing an hour a day extra is no sweat.

I've never had a job where I've downed tools at the end of each day and TBH I don't know how anyone can waste so much of their lives doing something they hate so much that they can't take their eyes off the clock. It must be a dreadful way to live.
As a child did you tell your mummy you wanted to be an accountant by any chance?

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You can make whatever excuses you want. It's no skin off my nose. You get one life. You want to waste it doing something you hate that's on you and nobody else.

I do the things I love in my free time

Not the time when I am fulfilling a contract of employment. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That's quite the leap in logic from people wanting to only work their contracted hours to take that as meaning they hate their jobs. 

It's like saying people who work unpaid overtime love making money for other people for free. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

That's quite the leap in logic from people wanting to only work their contracted hours to take that as meaning they hate their jobs. 

It's like saying people who work unpaid overtime love making money for other people for free. 

agree with that tbh. my current shift patterns are pretty grim, I'm content with the job itself and the people around me are all fine (it's night and day compared to the miserable environment I was at before) but it gets to a point late in the working day where I'm counting the seconds til I can just get up the road, arse about to my hearts content however I please and, most importantly of all, get my dinner.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely