Work colleagues

59 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

In my work, my manager's wife is on the board of directors, his sister in law works in our department and his other sister in law is the manger of another department. He literally spends his entire life surrounded by his wife and sisters in law. I have no idea how he isn't suicidal.

Bunch of donkeys in that department?

Just now, Doctor said:

There's one dude at my office who is in 7:30, leaves at around half 6 and is known to come in on Saturdays. It is what it is, some people maybe just don't like having free time.

Losers and brown nosers. Every single one of them.

I used to work overtime because I got paid for it, and even then only if it suited me. 

There is a man in my office who is known as "Two Hats" due to him wearing one of those daft winter hats that has a cap to it. For at least a year, I never saw him without it, we have a pretty relaxed dress code, but I felt this took the piss a bit. 
He also walks around in his socks all day, even to the bogs. Find that really odd. 
Anyway, as soon as the clock hits 1630, he is sprinting out the office. Genuinely sprinting, he runs down the stairs and out the door. He doesn't have a car though, he has a little scooter. Like a child. Then scoots away. 
Really odd bloke. 

Usually I’ll be out the office at the back of 5, same with most people. But sprinting is the best way to describe this person.

I’d rather wait 5 minutes to let the traffic calm down and then head.

Some years ago I worked with a guy who was poised at 4:59 every day ready to clock out. There were a few people the same which I consider fair enough but this guy seemed to get some sense of achievement in being there every day just a split second ahead of every one else. He was widely regarded as a d@#k and would apply for any job that came up in the company regardless of his qualifications or chances of getting job (it was a big, diverse company so vacancies came up regularly). Eventually the HR Manager was rumoured to have asked him in one of the interviews if he ever though of applying for jobs outside the company. He left soon after.

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

There's one dude at my office who is in 7:30, leaves at around half 6 and is known to come in on Saturdays. It is what it is, some people maybe just don't like having free time.

I think some of these people just don't have anything else in their lives, like a hobby or an interest and just need something to keep them occupied. A guy works for us part time now despite being well past retirement age, regularly he'll reply to emails at weekends and it's purely because he has nothing to fill his time. I feel a bit of sympathy for those folk, I can't imagine a life where work was the only thing I had to keep my brain active.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

In my work, my manager's wife is on the board of directors, his sister in law works in our department and his other sister in law is the manger of another department. He literally spends his entire life surrounded by his wife and sisters in law. I have no idea how he isn't suicidal.

How did they get their jobs then? I can only presume they got through a stringent interview process?

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

It is called presenteeism.  Some people think hard work is all about the hours you work and not about the work that you do.

I imagine they are scornful of the lazy winner of the marathon who spends less time running the race than any of the other finishers.

Edited by Fullerene

Sometimes I'll stay a few minutes late so I can come into less of a mess the next day.
When I worked in a factory we were queued up at the clock machine.

Have tried working a bit extra before and got zero thanks for it. In fact I actually got pulled up for being a minute late after doing 100 or so hours for free over a year.
Let's say I've taken that minute back. Probably doing 100 or so hours less than salary now.
Fucking idiot management.

7 hours ago, mizfit said:

Someone in our office ran out of the building bang on 5.

Apparently he’s known to down everything bang on 5.

Anyone else encountered someone who’s so extreme to finish bang on that they’ll run to their car to spend 10 minutes stuck in traffic to leave the car park?

There were two elderly women in my office who finished at 3:30 sharp every day (that being when Flextime core ended). One day we were told that the new Head of Department would be coming round to meet everybody and they were told they couldn't leave until he'd been. He arrived at our team at about 3:20 and it was obvious that he wouldn't be finished by half past. However at three-thirty on the dot one of the women stood up and told him, "Well, we won't keep you any longer," put on her jacket and fucked off. His face was an absolute picture!

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

It is called presenteeism.  Some people think hard work is all about the hours you work and not about the work that you do.

I imagine they are scornful of the lazy winner of the marathon who spends less time running the race than any of the other finishers.

^^^

Pish.

Big Team found then.

It's called a 'Work ethic'.

😏

Correct

^^^

Pish.

Big Team found then.

It's called a 'Work ethic'.

[emoji57]
Incorrect

Grumpy, selfish, arsehole foreman Got pulled up today for taking his lunch at ridiculous times. To put you in the picture, I go at 12, the other lad 12.30, and he is meant to go 1-2. This never happens, and despite being told before, he often doesn't got till after 2pm, often around 2.30. He is ex-forces, with incredibly annoying attention to detail with borderline OCD and the personality of a plank of wood. He is the type of guy who, if I shifted 4 pallets of plywood and put them back in 3 inches too far to the left, would take them all back out and restack them all. A lot of regular customers don't approach him because of his attitude, which is frustrating as f**k for me and the other lad, as It can have a knock on effect during extremely busy times. His face today was a picture though, and the seethe was there for all to see.

Knock the f**k out him.

If not up that.....

Guaranteed he's got PTSD so keep shouting "BOOOOM" behind his back.

Start dressing more 'Muslimy' , ™XBL©® , a nice thick vest for example.

He'll quickly melt into psychosis, they usually do 😎