Work colleagues

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

General long term incompetence. I think he was performance managed out of the door after a couple of specific issues that I can’t go into here.

Didn't go down in a blaze of glory.  Very disappointing.  

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

General long term incompetence. I think he was performance managed out of the door after a couple of specific issues that I can’t go into here.

As long as it long term general incompetence, 

my incompetence is sporadic and specific

Not my work colleague but Mrs Empty works for a company that it's notoriously difficult to sack folk, she worked with this wee arsehole who apparently done absolutely nothing, had been on a performance improvement plan for months yet still done f**k all. He was finally sacked last week, pulled a sicky on Friday and then decided to post pictures of his night out at Bongos Bingo that night after the sicky on Facebook. Obviously someone Lee Wallace'd him (not Mrs Empty) and he was binned.

On 02/08/2023 at 19:33, Miguel Sanchez said:

A girl in my work took this week off because it's her dog's birthday.

dug folk are weird. I love animals but the weird shite dug folk get away with is wild.

Yesterday afternoon I was an independent panel member on 3 interviews for a lecturer in German Language. We always have someone from another School/department sitting in on these, and it was my turn.

My role was to ask the first question (what attracted you to the post). Then, the rest of the interview took place in German. 

At the end, the chair asked my opinion of the candidates...and no, I don't speak any German.

Have any P&Bers ever had a role that was both utterly meaningless and a little bit important at the same time?

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Yesterday afternoon I was an independent panel member on 3 interviews for a lecturer in German Language. We always have someone from another School/department sitting in on these, and it was my turn.

My role was to ask the first question (what attracted you to the post). Then, the rest of the interview took place in German. 

At the end, the chair asked my opinion of the candidates...and no, I don't speak any German.

Have any P&Bers ever had a role that was both utterly meaningless and a little bit important at the same time?

Nein

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Kind of similar.

When I was working in Hong Kong in a language school, one of my tasks was to evaluate other tutors.  We did this by listening in to lessons using a microphone system.  I had to do evaluations for all tutors which meant Spanish, German, French, Vietnamese, Chinese, Cantonese and so on.  I had not a fecking clue what was going on in the Asian languages so, aye, utterly meaningless although somehow important.   

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

montypython.jpg.650afc112105ebe067e2bea91a35b168.jpg

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Would ref’ing an OF game apply?

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Not me personally but....

images.jpeg

Was chatting to a friend at work today about the dear departed colleague and she said he would stand in the smoking area and chat up women even though he himself did not smoke. A lot of the women who worked in that office had bad vibes from him.

If anyone thinks they might be hiring him let me know and I’ll DM you his name so he can be black balled.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Was chatting to a friend at work today about the dear departed colleague and she said he would stand in the smoking area and chat up women even though he himself did not smoke. A lot of the women who worked in that office had bad vibes from him.

If anyone thinks they might be hiring him let me know and I’ll DM you his name so he can be black balled.

TBF, I used to go out with the smokers when they'd have a fag break, and I didn't want to shag any of them. They stank of fags, FFS  :yucky

Bollocks to staying in the office for ten minutes while everyone else was trooping out for an extra break, several times a day.

(no, it's not me)

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Thoughts on what to do about colleagues who are incompetent through idiocy and gormlessness, but aren't bad people? I have one who drives me up the wall with the most dumb questions possible. Below is the hall of fame example. I've had two years of this shite.

image.png.ddb936a77fe89bdd4c01650091249f37.png

That’d drive me to murder.