Sportscene Watch 19/20

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Why do people, mainly St Johnstone fans, care about the running order of a highlight show? The same games are going to get shown regardless. Weird thing to get worked up about.

Because generally you get far longer when you're shown in the opening couple of matches.

Our game had far more action yesterday, with both teams having goals disallowed than what was shown due to it being Well down the pecking order.

It was dreadful selection even by the bbc's low standards to make three all Premiership matches the main features, and I'd feel the same way if it had been us playing killie or st Mirren.  It's matches we see every week.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll never ever understand why a shite game gets bumped up the running order simply because theres more cameras at that game.

That says more about you than it does the Sportscene producers. 

10 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Aberdeen players appear to be instructed to play dead after the lightest of touches. They are the worst at the play acting nonsense.

I’d say it’s only Cosgrove and to a lesser extent Ferguson that are guilty of this.

But we’re mere amateurs at this sort of thing compared to the real experts from Gorgie.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Because generally you get far longer when you're shown in the opening couple of matches.

Our game had far more action yesterday, with both teams having goals disallowed than what was shown due to it being Well down the pecking order.

It was dreadful selection even by the bbc's low standards to make three all Premiership matches the main features, and I'd feel the same way if it had been us playing killie or st Mirren.  It's matches we see every week.

Before the games are played they choose which ones are the featured matches and these have multiple camera set ups. All the other matches will have one or two cameras.

The games with the multiple cameras will have the best angles etc and will be the featured matches.

This is how the matches are ordered, featured matches first. You may have a legitimate issue with matches chosen as featured matches but its nothing really to do with how exciting a match is.

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The games with the multiple cameras will have the best angles etc and will be the featured matches.

That's understandable – but I have to make the obvious point that having the most cameras in a game doesn't amount to much when they're f***-all happening to get the best angle of. From an audience perspective – assuming they're watching to see the best matches, and assuming you're wanting to showcase Scottish football – it really isn't a great way to go about it.

Edited by Mr Heliums

21 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Before the games are played they choose which ones are the featured matches and these have multiple camera set ups. All the other matches will have one or two cameras.

This is how the matches are ordered, featured matches first. You may have a legitimate issue with matches chosen as featured matches but its nothing really to do with how exciting a match is.

Well yes, obviously.

But they know the matches they're putting the cameras at.  They didn't put all those cameras at Pittodrie, Hamilton and St Mirren and then later on find out that they'd be playing Premiership teams in matches we watch every week.

Someone actually sat down and thought "Aberdeen v killie, st Mirren v Motherwell.. wow they could really be crackers"

It's the choice of matches to feature I'm taking issue with here.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Well yes, obviously.

But they know the matches they're putting the cameras at.  They didn't put all those cameras at Pittodrie, Hamilton and St Mirren and then later on find out that they'd be playing Premiership teams in matches we watch every week.

Someone actually sat down and thought "Aberdeen v killie, st Mirren v Motherwell.. wow they could really be crackers"

It's the choice of matches to feature I'm taking issue with here.

They might well have been crackers, nobody knows until they are played. From the brief highlights of  Ayr V Saints it didn't look a particularly great match. I get it caught the imagination of the saints fans as it was something a bit different but not many neutrals were choking to see it and indeed it turned into a routine win for the top divsion team in the end

4 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

They might well have been crackers, nobody knows until they are played. From the brief highlights of  Ayr V Saints it didn't look a particularly great match. I get it caught the imagination of the saints fans as it was something a bit different but not many neutrals were choking to see it and indeed it turned into a routine win for the top divsion team in the end

Ayr shocked a team from alongside us in the league in the previous round. Caley did it to Livi this round.

Surprised you thought our game didn’t look that great as the bbc couldn’t even be arsed to wipe the rain off the camera to know what the hell was going on!  

It was a good cup tie, Ayr were still in with a shout of a draw in the last minute,  but each to their own. 8 minute highlights are available on youtube, really well put together, if you’d like to see them.. 

Anyway, you enjoyed the Aberdeen v Killie thriller.

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

That's understandable – but I have to make the obvious point that having the most cameras in a game doesn't amount to much when they're f***-all happening to get the best angle of. From an audience perspective – assuming they're watching to see the best matches, and assuming you're wanting to showcase Scottish football – it really isn't a great way to go about it.

Personally, I think the BBC in choosing their featured matches should take into account the novelty factor of a tie and the greater possibility of an upset. 

I’d have to say that to me , Ayr v St Johnstone  and Falkirk v Hearts were the ties which were , in advance , clearly the pick of the the round. For me , at least , just about any tie apart from a genuine derby,  that involves two teams from the same division is automatically  going to be less appealing than a tie which involves two teams from different divisions , especially when the lower league team are at home.

I can understand why the commercial channels choose to cover the ties involving the Ugly Sisters , no matter how dull an affair it’s going to be. 

2 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

They might well have been crackers.

Aberdeen havent scored a goal from open play since Boxing Day, and Kilmarnock are in a terrible run with an assistant manager desperately trying to recreate a side who spend 89 minutes defending.

There was zero chance Aberdeen v Kilmarnock would be a "cracker".

Edited by RandomGuy.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock are in a terrible run with an assistant manager desperately trying to recreate a side who spend 89 minutes defending.

There was zero chance Aberdeen v Kilmarnock would be a "cracker".

Killie had won their previous two games, scoring three in each.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

St. Mirren on last for the 2nd show in a row. Anyone wanting to watch the Livvy/Saints game can safely watch the first episode of Emmerdale before changing over.

The SFA can give us all the inexperienced refs they like if the BBC stop getting Kheredine Idessane to cover our games.