The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

On 06/11/2021 at 22:22, Paul Kersey said:

Dafuq?

I've taken right fekkin umbridge to this being in here.  I luuuuuuurrrvvvee Jamie T

However, I have always thought Manic Monday (Prince or Bangles) was simply awful.

Anything that rhymes the word Day, with the word day five times on the trot is just cack!

On 22/11/2021 at 01:29, BFTD said:

I don't remember Michael Barrymore's My Kind of Music, but My Kind of People was absolutely appalling and Barrymore was responsible for some of the worst television of all time once somebody decided he was more than just a game show host.

In the USA there are dozens of game shows where the host will suddenly burst into song in a "hello, welcome to the show" manner.

The songs are insipid and boring.

Barrymore tried to introduce that over here.  Thankfully he did not succeed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2017 at 00:13, NorthernLights said:

One of the music podcasts I listen to, Riot Act have another podcast, Broken Records that they spun off a feature from their main podcast. It is a search for what they consider to be the worst album ever made and despite listening to the likes of Mr Blobby and Crazy Frog so far Brokencyde currently have number 1 spot on their list.

Edited by NorthernLights

On 22/12/2021 at 13:52, Richey Edwards said:

I was travelling to Carlisle with my brother in law to pick up a car from a garage about ten years ago.

This song came on the radio.

Our reaction was "what the actual f**k is this shite?".

That’s either one of the worst things I’ve ever seen, or performance art.   I can’t tell if they are taking themselves seriously or not.  Her pronunciation of “production” had me in absolute stitches.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s either one of the worst things I’ve ever seen, or performance art.   I can’t tell if they are taking themselves seriously or not.  Her pronunciation of “production” had me in absolute stitches.

I thought they must be taking the piss, but it turns out that they're 100% serious.

They're so dreadful that it's almost impressive.

7 hours ago, throbber said:

Hard fi’s efforts in 2011 were particularly awful.

Their first album Stars Of CCTV was alright. I never bothered with any of their others.

6 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

How the f**k this kind of shite gets multi-million dollar record deals is an absolute mystery.

12 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

One of the music podcasts I listen to, Riot Act have another podcast, Broken Records that they spun off a feature from their main podcast. It is a search for what they consider to be the worst album ever made and despite listening to the likes of Mr Blobby and Crazy Frog so far Brokencyde currently have number 1 spot on their list.

Thank you, I'll be listening to that.

Still the worst thing I've ever heard, and I'm curious about what terrible trauma must have occurred for someone to have created something so horribly, embarrassingly appalling, in so many different ways.

12 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I misread the name of that band as Broken Clyde...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to @NorthernLights for posting the link to that Broken Records podcast. I've been working my way through it for the past few weeks. Most amusing, and Stephen Hill occasionally sounds like Greg Davies. Brokencyde are still their #1 worst album ever, and I can't disagree.

They also regularly give a good kicking to all of that dreadful indie guitar music that was all over the charts in the mid-Aughts, so Good Guys.