Catalonia

Whitburn Vale

Can't help but think this plays beautifully into Catalan separatist hands. I'm lukewarm to nationalism and without looking too much into this beforehand had the view of 'their choice, but it would be nice to see Catalonia remain part of Spain.' Now I'm hoping they f**k off, take their money with them and let the Spanish government deal with the consequences. I understand why the EU and UK felt the need to side with Spain but when you watch those videos, head the testimonies of eye-witnesses and look at how Spain have behaved hear it leaves a really really bitter taste in the mouth. The right to self-determination has to be given, to not only deny that, but to deny it with brutality and force is frighteningly close to a form of government I think we all thought and hoped was over in Spain.

1 hour ago, Crossbill said:

Really important question, and one that I'm afraid Scotland may run up against in the not to distant future.  The only reason we got the Edinburgh agreement was because Westminster was so cocksure about winning.

As if Scotland would ever stand up against our etonian rulers.

This is all happening in the same week that Rajoy called for further EU sanctions against Venezuela due to the arrest and imprisonment of political opponents, politicisation of the judiciary and police violence against protestors. The Spanish government characterises this as evidence of Venezuela 'sliding towards dictatorship'.

If any Falangist apologists would care to explain how exactly Spain isn't guilty of all of the above, I'm all ears.

Astonishing that a UK govt press release managed to get out without condemning the violence, even in very vauge terms to avoid blaming Spain directly. Seems to have been aimed too closely at not upsetting Spain. Dismal stuff. 

The lack of EU response is very strange. Again, they seem to have veered too far to trying not to upset a Member State by interfering in domestic politics. Strangely, this didn't stop them from criticising Poland a few months ago for changing the way judges are appointed. Seems as thought this is a problem they don't want to deal with and will just ignore it, hoping it goes away. Dismal stuff. 

Thanks to the Spanish state's actions today, this is not going to go away. It was never going to, but the fallout from an unconstitutional referendum can probably be managed. Cracking people's skulls in at will almost certainly cannot as there will be a pushback, probably with similar force in return. 

Seek attention elsewhere you trolling no-mark

I obviously missed the bit where you were put in charge of the internet.Good to see you are still leaping like a salmon.If i need your approval to post i will be the first to ask though.

Your not sure either ? We are in aggreement then.

I obviously missed the bit where you were put in charge of the internet.Good to see you are still leaping like a salmon.If i need your approval to post i will be the first to ask though.

Fucking hell [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

The gigs fucked, this is fascism plain and simple. What a cop out of a statement from the UK govt. If you ever needed proof that they don't give a f**k about humanitarian or democratic principles there it is.

These c***s fully support Thatcher's approach the the miners stikes.