The Wee "Will-we-qualify-probably-not" Thread: Nations League Edition

forameus

"That post" being the one you quoted, which mentioned nothing about Betfair.  If you're going to go diving in, at least address the right post.
I'll make it nice and clear though.  I don't care what the bookies say.  I personally have the chances at around 50/50, for the reasons I've now stated twice.  That cool with you?

Then that's fine. I disagree but suggesting we have a 50% chance of winning is of course a valid prediction. Your use of Betfair to back it up was ludicrous though.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Then that's fine. I disagree but suggesting we have a 50% chance of winning is of course a valid prediction. Your use of Betfair to back it up was ludicrous though.

Maybe it would have been, had I ever used Betfair to back anything up.  Anything else you want to throw in?

21 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'll make it nice and clear though.  I don't care what the bookies say.  I personally have the chances at around 50/50, for the reasons I've now stated twice. 

It's bizarre that some people seem to think predictions aren't allowed, unless they're tied to the odds set by bookies.

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If we'd won at home to Lithuania, took a point in Slovakia, lost 1-0 at Wembley and held on to beat them at Hampden then a win tomorrow would put us top. Sliding doors IMO

If we win every game at the world cup we'll win it.

Slovenia's record of not conceding at home is impressive, but we have history of breaking this type of stat already in this campaign. England hadn't conceded home or away before they came to Hampden.

If we'd won at home to Lithuania, took a point in Slovakia, lost 1-0 at Wembley and held on to beat them at Hampden then a win tomorrow would put us top. Sliding doors IMO

That's just daft talk. We weren't close to beating Slovakia and England away (both 3-0) and needed a late leveller against Lithuania. What you should be saying is thank God we drew against England and Lithuania to give us this chance. Not forgetting two late late winners to sicken our two main rivals!!! What a strange way to look at things.

41 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If we'd won at home to Lithuania, took a point in Slovakia, lost 1-0 at Wembley and held on to beat them at Hampden then a win tomorrow would put us top.

If it wasn't for our very late goals we'd be 4th - by 4pt & 5pts.

Thank f**k that element is out of the way. All this "if so-and so beat thingmebob" stuff was reminding me of Italia 90, where (IIRC) we ended up needing five results to go our way in order to make it past the group stage. And all but the last one did. Apologies if I'm maligning them incorrectly, but f**k Uruguay  :angry:

23 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good point.

If we made the knock out stages we could draw every game thereafter and win the lot on pens.

That seemed to be Argentina's plan at the same tournament.

TBF, it did get them at least four games further than they deserved.

That's just daft talk. We weren't close to beating Slovakia and England away (both 3-0) and needed a late leveller against Lithuania. What you should be saying is thank God we drew against England and Lithuania to give us this chance. Not forgetting two late late winners to sicken our two main rivals!!! What a strange way to look at things.

Basically, if we'd just beaten everyone, we'd be through. Ffs Scotland.

4 minutes ago, jam20 said:

Greece have played all their games against teams that matter so can't get any more points for play off selection. 

If we beat Slovenia we go above them.

This.

Greece play Gibralter in their last match. Gib are guaranteed last place in that group so points gained against them won`t count in the ranking of 2nd place teams

Archived