c***s on the road

22 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

On my way home recently, the car in front hit their brakes over 50 times in about a 4 mile stretch.  I used them twice.

In case anyone wondered why I was counting, totally bored being stuck behind them and it gave me something to do.

The best one I ever saw had me rattled to start with but by the time I managed to overtake her we ended up laughing - I'm not saying it to be dramatic, every time something passed in the opposite direction she hit her brakes. Every single time. Honestly if you're that nervous driving take public transport ffs. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Driving down a busy road the other day,  got stuck behind 2 cyclists, not uncommon, but one was using the cycle lane, but the other decided to cycle right beside him, instead of showing a bit of courtesy for drivers who needed to pass.

Edited by philpy

14 minutes ago, philpy said:

Driving down a busy road the other day,  got stuck behind 2 cyclists, not uncommon, but one was using the cycle lane, but the other decided to cycle right beside him, instead of showing a bit of courtesy for drivers who needed to pass.

What's the location?

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Possibly for the cuunts in a Car Park thread but I see the "guilty" car at Luton Airport was a Diesel Range Rover.   Managed to cause 1405 cars to be written off with their dodgy motor.

image.jpeg.6eea11f04b031acb7dfb4b8086193d7b.jpeg

Surely some mistake? Every da in the land insisted it was all because an electric car went on fire.

On 22/10/2023 at 14:07, 19QOS19 said:

I've decided what thing actually rattles me most about other drivers, having racked up over 1000 miles last week driving up and around Scotland. 

Folk who don't indicate and middle lane drivers are right up there but the ones who top my list are the fuckwits who can't do bends. Several times throughout last week I'd be stuck behind someone who would be slamming on the brakes down to 35/40 on bends (and I'm not talking about tight bends, you could comfortably do 55/60 without putting strain on your tyres!) and when there was a chance to overtake on a straight they'd be up to 60 or even faster meaning if I wanted to get past I'd have to be speeding. I think these folk think they're great drivers because they can go fast! Absolutely fucking infuriating. It's maybe because you can be stuck behind for so long but it's the only thing that are gets me genuinely raging when driving. 

(Wet/icy conditions all bets are off of course, but wee bends in good condition dont require you to reduce your speed by 20/30mph ffs)

This was doing my head in yesterday driving home from the in laws from Glencoe to Tyndrum, some bellend in a Tesla and another car, slowing down to 35/40 most corners and then booting it on the straights. I got a chance to pass one who sped up to almost tailgating the Tesla to try and stop me pulling back in and then acted apoplectic I'd passed him, probably deeming me the dangerous driver. Full family in the car at the time, really don't know what goes through peoples heads deliberately endangering peoples lives like that. I think I'll end up Vinnie Jones'ing some c**t that does this to me again honestly. 

Also came as close as I've been in my life to a head on with another driver overtaking a group of cars near the Commando memorial, slowed to about 20mph and was partly in the ditch as he squeezed past. Weirdly was fairly calm about the incident knowing I could ditch the car and be ok, but overall not a pleasant experience. Starting to really hate the A82 when it's not just me in the car. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

This was doing my head in yesterday driving home from the in laws from Glencoe to Tyndrum, some bellend in a Tesla and another car, slowing down to 35/40 most corners and then booting it on the straights. I got a chance to pass one who sped up to almost tailgating the Tesla to try and stop me pulling back in and then acted apoplectic I'd passed him, probably deeming me the dangerous driver. Full family in the car at the time, really don't know what goes through peoples heads deliberately endangering peoples lives like that. I think I'll end up Vinnie Jones'ing some c**t that does this to me again honestly. 

Also came as close as I've been in my life to a head on with another driver overtaking a group of cars near the Commando memorial, slowed to about 20mph and was partly in the ditch as he squeezed past. Weirdly was fairly calm about the incident knowing I could ditch the car and be ok, but overall not a pleasant experience. Starting to really hate the A82 when it's not just me in the car. 

Does nothing from the first paragraph make you question your own driving decisions? With a full family in the car you’d surely be waiting until it was absolutely clear cut before overtaking, not taking a “chance” and relying heavily on the car in front not to be a fanny. All for the sake of getting 1 car further forward.

51 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Does nothing from the first paragraph make you question your own driving decisions? With a full family in the car you’d surely be waiting until it was absolutely clear cut before overtaking, not taking a “chance” and relying heavily on the car in front not to be a fanny. All for the sake of getting 1 car further forward.

The OP clearly states that it was safe to pass before the dangerous driver closed the gap for no reason therfore making it an unsafe manoeuvre, the arsehole is definitely the driver closing the gap and deliberately endangering OP.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I've never understood why people use the argument of having family in the car for a reason for driving more safely.  You should be driving safely all the time.  You also shouldn't have to rely "heavily" that a car you are overtaking is a fanny.  There would be no overtaking at all if that was the case.

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The OP clearly states that it was safe to pass before the dangerous driver closed the gap for no reason therfore making it an unsafe manoeuvre, the arsehole is definitely the driver closing the gap and deliberately endangering OP.

I've mentioned this previously, the utter worst kind of c**t on the road endangering everyone around them because they think people shouldn't be overtaking.

20 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Did they?

The A78 had temporary traffic lights causing a long tailback between Inverkip and Wemyss Bay when I passed through there the other week around 6pm.

image.png.3884dac419204fd4dea8c9f8368ea02a.png

I decided to be generous and let one driver out of a junction and into the flow of traffic even though a load of people were attempting to jump the queue by jumping off and then back in to the flow of traffic further up the road. I suppose the predictable happened: about three people attempt to shoot out of the junction exploiting my generosity. It pissed me off because I was trying to be kind and just ended up getting exploited.

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I've never understood why people use the argument of having family in the car for a reason for driving more safely.  You should be driving safely all the time.  You also shouldn't have to rely "heavily" that a car you are overtaking is a fanny.  There would be no overtaking at all if that was the case.

I've mentioned this previously, the utter worst kind of c**t on the road endangering everyone around them because they think people shouldn't be overtaking.

Yeah I agree risky overtakes should be avoided regardless of who’s in the car. It wasn’t me who brought up the family in the first place.

I've only drove through to Glasgow a few times but when you get there and there are lanes joining and exiting everywhere I am like 'stick to the middle lane and f**k everyone else that has a problem with that' because I don't have a clue what the f**k is going on.

I will be fair to the drivers through there, they are far better than the ones in Edinburgh. Glasgow drivers let you change lanes or whatever. Edinburgh drivers will fight you for every square inch.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’m always sceptical of the folk who moan about people slowing down for corners. Sure some folk rip the piss with it but if you can’t see far ahead of you then you should be slowing down.

If I'm on an unfamiliar road with lots of bends, then I'll probably be driving slower than locals and those familiar with the road. So if there's someone obviously itching to get past I'll keep my speed down when we get to a straight so they can overtake. It really pisses me off then when they don't take the opportunity to overtake and stay behind and continue to tailgate me.

5 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I've only drove through to Glasgow a few times but when you get there and there are lanes joining and exiting everywhere I am like 'stick to the middle lane and f**k everyone else that has a problem with that' because I don't have a clue what the f**k is going on.

I will be fair to the drivers through there, they are far better than the ones in Edinburgh. Glasgow drivers let you change lanes or whatever. Edinburgh drivers will fight you for every square inch.

The M8 and Lothian Road aren't exactly comparable.

On 22/10/2023 at 17:43, Caballero said:

Lorry overtaking Lorry at 52mph

Especially going up the Drumossie Brae as you leave Inverness southbound on the A9.  Then it's mare like 42mph.