c***s on the road

There is junction similar to that at the Ness Bridge in Inverness where you very often see cars making an illegal left turn from Huntly Street through the pedestrian crossing.

image.thumb.png.f4271bfd97c1c729ee988522b6e0c36d.png

This is of course also where the world famous Inverness bank machine is located.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There is junction similar to that at the Ness Bridge in Inverness where you very often see cars making an illegal left turn from Huntly Street through the pedestrian crossing.

image.thumb.png.f4271bfd97c1c729ee988522b6e0c36d.png

This is of course also where the world famous Inverness bank machine is located.

Aye, had to face down a car on the pedestrian crossing before, I assume it's to make Huntly Street less attractive as a rat run but I don't remember it being that busy anyway. The Inverness planning department are a mystery to me

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There never was a crossing at that point in the road, it was along a bit. And my memory of that junction goes back 40 years. Indeed there was a fence stopping pedestrians crossing there. It's almost as if the traffic planners of decades ago knew what they were doing.

As usual Edinburgh Council have made a total cnut of things in the name of "traffic management". There should be no reason why traffic driving south up Leith Walk shouldn't be able to safely turn left eastwards into London Road instead of having to go on a magical mystery tour.

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There never was a crossing at that point in the road, it was along a bit. And my memory of that junction goes back 40 years. Indeed there was a fence stopping pedestrians crossing there. It's almost as if the traffic planners of decades ago knew what they were doing.

As usual Edinburgh Council have made a total cnut of things in the name of "traffic management". There should be no reason why traffic driving south up Leith Walk shouldn't be able to safely turn left eastwards into London Road instead of having to go on a magical mystery tour.

They could do it but it would make traffic congestion worse. 

About 20 years ago i was familiar with Embra's roads as a pedestrian and not a driver. I lived on the South Side and was trying to give my mate directions from the west end over the phone. Just about every direction i gave was a one way street, no entry or no turning and it took him about 90 minutes to get 2 miles. Being completely un-navigable by car is part of the character of the city and the town planners are just preserving that. 

Just went on a short walk through town, during which I've seen two cars parked at the side of the road engines running with the driver nowhere to be seen. I assume in the shop they were parked next to.

I'm not that familiar with stealing a car, but do surely all I'd have needed to do was jump in and drive off? 

What makes it worse is both had kids in the back, probably around 5-7 years old. 

Is this normal behaviour?

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

On the way down to Alnwick last night stuck behind one of those c***s that slam the anchors on any time a car came the opposite direction. If you can't see don't fucking drive.

Those guys are dangerous - eventually you realise what they're doing and if you can you leave enough space between you and them to accommodate their capers.

6 hours ago, Empty It said:

On the way down to Alnwick last night stuck behind one of those c***s that slam the anchors on any time a car came the opposite direction. If you can't see don't fucking drive.

While driving about 20 mph under the speed limit 

2 hours ago, Eatmygoal said:

Just went on a short walk through town, during which I've seen two cars parked at the side of the road engines running with the driver nowhere to be seen. I assume in the shop they were parked next to.

I'm not that familiar with stealing a car, but do surely all I'd have needed to do was jump in and drive off? 

What makes it worse is both had kids in the back, probably around 5-7 years old. 

Have you never heard of "Watch yer car for ye mister"? 

2 hours ago, Eatmygoal said:

Depends on your definition of normal, I suppose

free-animated-gifs-of-funny-movie-gifs-j

8 hours ago, Empty It said:

I followed a c**t like that from Bathgate to Linlithgow last night on the road through Beecraigs. 4 times he stopped completely when a car was coming the other way and slowed to less than 10 mph on every bend - c**t.

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Glenrothes heaving Plus today with no parking places available,  horrendous queues of cars, buses, delivery vehicles and bikes. Lots of bad tempered drivers around and precious little Christmas cheer.

Happy New Year.

The layout of Glenrothes seems to actively discourage pedestrians.