c***s on the road

So went back my usual route from work which takes me through Fort Kinnaird, well didn't I forget about Christmas, standstill for miles adding 30 minutes onto my commute.

Stupid c**t me for forgetting about arsehole Christmas shoppers leaving everything to the last second and causing carnage.

49 minutes ago, Empty It said:

So went back my usual route from work which takes me through Fort Kinnaird, well didn't I forget about Christmas, standstill for miles adding 30 minutes onto my commute.

Stupid c**t me for forgetting about arsehole Christmas shoppers leaving everything to the last second and causing carnage.

Motorist complaining bitterly about too many motorists on the road. 

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There never was a crossing at that point in the road, it was along a bit. And my memory of that junction goes back 40 years. Indeed there was a fence stopping pedestrians crossing there. It's almost as if the traffic planners of decades ago knew what they were doing.

Yeah it was a big roundabout and a 100m detour to use the crossing to the east on London Road if you wanted to continue down Leith Walk. Fortunately traffic planners and the council have attempted to move on since the days when cars were king, with pedestrians now at the top of the transport hierarchy. Also, fences/guard railing is no longer recommended. 

Edited by Ginaro

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Motorist complaining bitterly about too many motorists on the road. 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Exactly, b*****ds.

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

"I'm stuck in traffic..."

And those - the rich, the famous, the ex-politicians, the policy makers - that advocate the change away from cars; you see them on a bike or a bus how often? 

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

And those - the rich, the famous, the ex-politicians, the policy makers - that advocate the change away from cars; you see them on a bike or a bus how often? 

I think Patrick Harvie does. 

And Pope Francis, although he doesn't quite fall into any of these categories. 

Edit: Pope Francis is probably famous, and his primary mode of transport is wheelchair these days, although he was renowned for using public transport until recently. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

c**t on the road today - always seems to be on or around Glasgow road despite the average speed cameras being there. Undertook me at a ridiculous speed only to get stuck behind the many cars in front at the red traffic lights near to the police Scotland building, so naturally I went as close as I could get behind him and gave him horn blast and a wave.

When we actually get on to Glasgow road he is stuck behind 2 cars 1 in either lane and you could tell by the way he was driving he was getting ratty about this, so he uses a right turn only lane at traffic lights to overtake one of the cars nearly causing an accident as he swerved back in in front of them and speeds off to get stuck at more red lights all along this road.

People driving slow for no reason (I.e country roads or motorways) pisses me off but to have such little patience in Glasgow rush hour traffic is mind boggling, just chill out and put classic fm on or something.

6 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

c**t on the road today - always seems to be on or around Glasgow road despite the average speed cameras being there. Undertook me at a ridiculous speed only to get stuck behind the many cars in front at the red traffic lights near to the police Scotland building, so naturally I went as close as I could get behind him and gave him horn blast and a wave.

When we actually get on to Glasgow road he is stuck behind 2 cars 1 in either lane and you could tell by the way he was driving he was getting ratty about this, so he uses a right turn only lane at traffic lights to overtake one of the cars nearly causing an accident as he swerved back in in front of them and speeds off to get stuck at more red lights all along this road.

People driving slow for no reason (I.e country roads or motorways) pisses me off but to have such little patience in Glasgow rush hour traffic is mind boggling, just chill out and put classic fm on or something.

People driving slow on motorways ive noticed this more in Scotland. Often doing 50mph on the inside lane. M73 is bad and any 2 lane motorway, coupled with the elephant racing from lorries.

Partner had a near miss coming down Glenfuir Road in Falkirk this week on his way to work.

I was reserving judgement til I seen his dash cam footage as there's been a few occasions where he's ranted about c**ts on the road only to then go and describe a situation where he was at fault.

This one has indeed involved an utter w**k flying out the junction at the end of Windsor road without so much as slowing down. Partner was forced to mount the pavement to avoid getting the side of his car panned in. Luckily no-one was walking up the street at that time in the morning.

Edited by Rizzo

2 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

People driving slow on motorways ive noticed this more in Scotland. Often doing 50mph on the inside lane. M73 is bad and any 2 lane motorway, coupled with the elephant racing from lorries.

The M8 between Edinburgh and Shotts is terrible for this. People sitting in the outside lane at 55mph because they don't want to sit behind a lorry in the inside lane and jamming everything up.

On an unrelated note had one c*nt last Friday morning heading into Glasgow after it had snowed. The inside and outside lanes were fine by this point, but the outside lane still had a fair bit of slush on it. Despite it being about half 6 and relatively quiet, said c*unt plants himself in the middle lane at a steady 50mph meaning anyone wanting to pass him had to either undertake, or accelerate and pass him in the slushy lane. 

When i finally did get by he was gripping the steering wheel and sitting right up at the window, clearly uncomfortable and unaware his driving was dangerous - If you are that scared to drive after a little bit of snow then you should probably avoid the busiest stretch of Motorway in the country.

Each morning I join a dual carriageway via a slip road and drive a few hundred yards to the first roundabout, where I do a 180-degree turn and head back the other way down the dual carriageway.

The amount of utter c**ts I encounter on that roundabout is unreal. Obviously I join it in the right-hand lane, indicating right all the way around until I exit.  Most drivers coming toward the roundabout from the other direction apparently don't see this and simply drive straight on, forcing me to brake or even stop on the roundabout.

Just as bad as these c**ts are the ones who slow down just enough to enter the roundabout alongside me in my blind spot, before proceeding to undertake me in the outside lane and block my exit into the left lane of the dual carriageway. It's utterly moronic driving behaviour and I've even had a couple of motorbikes doing this recently - suicidal stuff.

6 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

I blame the high petrol prices and our globally renowned frugality.

I have never been as scared on the road as I was yesterday. 

Taking my step daughter to her girlfriend's house in Dunfermline, a van was behind me. It came shooting up behind me so fast I actually shouted that the was going to hit us. He did that 3 times, hanging back then speeding right up to my bumper. 

He was swerving from side to side, and banging his steering wheel. I decided to pull over and let him pass. Pulled up to a roadside space, slowed down to go in, but he didn't. Missed us by millimetres. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Taking my step daughter to her girlfriend's house in Dunfermline, a van was behind me. It came shooting up behind me so fast I actually shouted that the was going to hit us. He did that 3 times, hanging back then speeding right up to my bumper. 

He was swerving from side to side, and banging his steering wheel. I decided to pull over and let him pass. Pulled up to a roadside space, slowed down to go in, but he didn't. Missed us by millimetres. 

Prof's getting serious.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I don't know how old your step daughter is in regard to being a witness but a scribbling down of the number plate and a visit to the polis might have resulted in a court appearance for that dangerous radge.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I don't know how old your step daughter is in regard to being a witness but a scribbling down of the number plate and a visit to the polis might have resulted in a court appearance for that dangerous radge.

No damage to either vehicle, no video evidence, even with 2 witnesses against one I very much doubt it.