c***s on the road

9 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

So they’re basically playing Russian Roulette at 60mph?

Fairly regularly too. One last journey here today heading back to Podgorica Airport. Cracking place to just switch off for a short while but I won’t miss the roads here.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Many rural roads are one lane only. It’s safer to stick to the right instead of the middle of the road, even if the road seems empty. Mostly you’ll only meet a farmer in a Golf 2 coming the other way but occasionally you’ll get surprised by a youngster in a BMW going way too quickly so always be alert and checking what might coming around the next bend. 

Must be a few years old, going by the Golf 2 comment. A lot of Austrian, German and Swiss number plates here and almost all driving SUV’s of some description. Mostly seems to be folk who are back home for the summer, from what I can work out. Certainly they f**king drive like the locals.

There's a guy on my estate who pulls out of the same junction, regardless of proximity to the vehicle that has right of way and then just waves as an apology, but now it's so often it's not an apology it's more like "sorry my time is more important than yours" to make matters worse he's always slower than me leaving the estate thereafter. Really annoying me now, I dunno, maybe Vinnie Jones his head in his car door? 

Got stuck behind a 25 mile an hour bozo on the open road yesterday. He had the good manners to pull over to let me past, all the same.

Then witnessed  a boy racer for whom stop signs and indicators don't apply.

Stirling Moss must have been reincarnated judging by the speed a car went through the village this morning.

Women, and it's mostly women, driving SUVs who can't judge width. Two in succession coming down the main street in town this morning, crawling past a parked van while traffic going in the opposite direction was stopped. A bus could have got through the space available. They obviously didn't pass their test driving those big vehicles, those people shouldn't be on the road.

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

... Stirling Moss... 

4 minutes ago, Swarley said:

The Office Grandpa GIF by MOODMAN

And?

Edited by Jacksgranda

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

And?

The kids aren't going to know who you're talking about. Best to use a more modern reference like Ayrton Senna or Nigel Mansell. 

7 minutes ago, Swarley said:

The kids aren't going to know who you're talking about. Best to use a more modern reference like Ayrton Senna or Nigel Mansell. 

Jim Clark? Graham Hill? Jackie Stewart?

On 17/07/2024 at 14:51, Sergeant Wilson said:

PS

Police turned up today to follow up the complaint from the horse-woman. I explained as above. They'd seen the footage and could see that I probably was too close, but that mis-communication had contributed. There was a possible careless driving charge. Before doing so, they'd go back to the complainer, who, for her part, acknowledged her language left a lot to be desired. Called back a few hours later to say no further action.

I'm happy with the outcome, but what a waste of police time!

This is boiling my piss. Horse riding pretend Tories are aw cuunts.

17 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This is boiling my piss. Horse riding pretend Tories are aw cuunts.

I'm sure 'milfy gym sl*gs' in their tight lycra used to get a bit of a free pass and be actively championed by some on here compared to many of their posing, gym going contemporaries. Can we afford 'milfy, Tory jodhpurs sl*gs' in their tight fitting riding gear the same leeway, in comparison to the rest of their disgusting ilk or is it a blanket cunting?

See when there’s cars parked on one side of the street but still plenty of room for two cars to pass through provided people on the other side move over to the kerb a wee bit. The people who just continue driving in the middle of the road so that no one can pass in the opposite direction should have their licenses burned.

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

See when there’s cars parked on one side of the street but still plenty of room for two cars to pass through provided people on the other side move over to the kerb a wee bit. The people who just continue driving in the middle of the road so that no one can pass in the opposite direction should have their licenses burned.

Most drivers seem to have absolutely no awareness about what's going on round about them., and how to cope with it.

On the way to the football on Saturday on the M90 i was on the outside lane about to overtake a HGV it was about 50 yards ahead of me, looks in my mirror and this lunatic travelling about a ton barrelling up the inside lane undertaking us going to squeeze in the ever shrinking gap between me and lorry. If i hadn't seen him and braked there would have been one big mess, Mental driving.

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Most drivers seem to have absolutely no awareness about what's going on round about them., and how to cope with it.

Yes, the same people who drive at the same speed whether they’re on a wide open road or a tightly packed residential street. On autopilot all the time.

Passed an accident near the Kinneil Kerse dump about an hour ago. Car off the road at a T junction, fire engines and loads of polis on the scene. 

I've been trying to work out how a car could go off the road there. 

image.png.dc4dfcde73d120ab0e7075cba7d62300.png

The car was off the road just under where it says A904 and A993. 

50 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Passed an accident near the Kinneil Kerse dump about an hour ago. Car off the road at a T junction, fire engines and loads of polis on the scene. 

I've been trying to work out how a car could go off the road there. 

image.png.dc4dfcde73d120ab0e7075cba7d62300.png

The car was off the road just under where it says A904 and A993. 

I would assume someone speeding down the hill from Bo'ness, encountering a car coming out at the T-junction and swerving to avoid. It's a 30 coming down the hill, increasing to 40 not long after the junction, but many treat it as national speed limit as it's heading out of town.

9 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I'm sure 'milfy gym sl*gs' in their tight lycra used to get a bit of a free pass and be actively championed by some on here compared to many of their posing, gym going contemporaries. Can we afford 'milfy, Tory jodhpurs sl*gs' in their tight fitting riding gear the same leeway, in comparison to the rest of their disgusting ilk or is it a blanket cunting?

There was a Sid the Sexist cartoon where he's working in a stables and a posh lass gets all excited after riding her horse- Sid's about to get his hole when the horse kicks him in the knackers...