c***s on the road

On 10/08/2024 at 02:12, Sheas_cake said:

That was the end of the road rage, with the Kia-driving lunatic last seen sitting about 6 feet behind a van at 80mph on the stretch of dualler between Pitlochry and Ballinluig. 

Redundant here in the U.S., mildly surprised they’re the preferred vehicle for the angry, can’t afford a real motor crowd in the UK too. Would have bet on a Dacia.

25 minutes ago, Sheas_cake said:

It was some massive hoodie wearing chav. He was probably seething at having to borrow his grannie's car.

The preferred vehicle for angry (often catastrophically) bald men in the UK is by some distance the Audi, followed by BMWs and white Range Rovers. 

Teslas are making their way to the top as well.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the swing from BMW and Audi towards Tesla as the car of choice for company cars has occurred alongside a similar swing in arseholes driving them

50 minutes ago, Sheas_cake said:

It was some massive hoodie wearing chav. He was probably seething at having to borrow his grannie's car.

The preferred vehicle for angry (often catastrophically) bald men in the UK is by some distance the Audi, followed by BMWs and white Range Rovers. 

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Teslas are making their way to the top as well.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the swing from BMW and Audi towards Tesla as the car of choice for company cars has occurred alongside a similar swing in arseholes driving them

But you also have the manically driven, older, clapped out vehicle going 20 over and weaving through traffic, don't you?

The road between Abington services and biggar seems to attract a shitload of impatient f**kwits. Overtaking just before blind bends seems to be a common theme in those parts.

45 minutes ago, philpy said:

The road between Abington services and biggar seems to attract a shitload of impatient f**kwits. Overtaking just before blind bends seems to be a common theme in those parts.

It’s a particularly shit road between Abington and Biggar. It gets better after Biggar, but if you’re heading to Edinburgh from the south just use the M74/M8. The stress of the A702 just isn’t worth it. 

2 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

It’s a particularly shit road between Abington and Biggar. It gets better after Biggar, but if you’re heading to Edinburgh from the south just use the M74/M8. The stress of the A702 just isn’t worth it. 

The A701 has slightly more passing spots than the A702 in my experience. But both roads can be a massive pain if you get stuck behind something slow.

6 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

download-6.jpeg

I would have agreed a few years ago. Now it’s coming out that along with their 10-year powertrain warranty and such, they are denying claims with such regularity that there has already been one successful class action lawsuit for denial of engine replacements where Kia was simply saying “that’s normal” to stuff as extreme as brand new vehicles burning a quart of oil every 500 miles. Then you have the steal a Kia/Hyundai with a screwdriver and a USB connector fiasco…

35 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Schools are back today so the roads are choc full of c*nts who only ever drive the 5 minute walk to school and have no road sense whatsoever 

Think they should change school start time to 6am and keep these people off the roads at peak times. 

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Think they should change school start time to 6am and keep these people off the roads at peak times. 

And while they're at it they can change Christmas to October when the shops are less busy. 

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Schools are back today so the roads are choc full of c*nts who only ever drive the 5 minute walk to school and have no road sense whatsoever 

Raining here today and obviously the little darlings can't get wet so Mummy must park right outside the school to pick them up. Don't care if it's a pedestrian crossing or the bus area or blocking other road users. Cnuts. 

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Raining here today and obviously the little darlings can't get wet so Mummy must park right outside the school to pick them up. Don't care if it's a pedestrian crossing or the bus area or blocking other road users. Cnuts. 

The parking in a bus stop for drop off and pick up outside my son's school really infuriates me! Always tempted to jump in one of them and ask to be taken somewhere

On 14/08/2024 at 11:49, FK1Bairn said:

The parking in a bus stop for drop off and pick up outside my son's school really infuriates me! Always tempted to jump in one of them and ask to be taken somewhere

It's funny when they are indicating to get back out and some "c**t" 😉 driving a bus comes round blocks them in to offload and board passengers. Watching them rage in the mirror a minute after the doors close while having a sip or 2 of juice and checking paperwork before pulling away fair brightens the day! 

The number of c***s these days that insist on driving their cunting wee car down the cunting motorway at ~50mph which forces the c***s in HGVs out to overtake them which then f**ks it for us c***s that are trying to actually get somewhere to earn a cunting living. If you're on a motorway in a car (short of wild weather) you should not be doing anything less than 56mph. f**k sakes man!

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

The number of c***s these days that insist on driving their cunting wee car down the cunting motorway at ~50mph which forces the c***s in HGVs out to overtake them which then f**ks it for us c***s that are trying to actually get somewhere to earn a cunting living. If you're on a motorway in a car (short of wild weather) you should not be doing anything less than 56mph. f**k sakes man!

Preach. If you cant do at least 65 in a car, you shouldn't be allowed to have a driving licence that lets you on a motorway.

4 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Maybe if actual driving on the motorway was part of the test (with training a prerequisite), then people might be more suited for motorway driving. 

Just what we need, learner drivers on the motorway. 

ETA - and what about the Teuchters who only see "motorways" in documentaries? 

Edited by Newbornbairn

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Just what we need, learner drivers on the motorway. 

ETA - and what about the Teuchters who only see "motorways" in documentaries? 

Autobahn experience is part of the german driving test. Prior to getting your Autobahn experience you‘ll already have to have shown an accredited training school, your ability on driving on national roads.

I passed my test in 1985 driving around Shettleston for 25 minutes. Moved to Germany in 1990. Sent my licence to Flensburg (equivalent to DVLA in Swansea). Received a german licence in exchange. Wouldn‘t say that is a proper training for driving at high-speed up & down a motorway / Autobahn. 

A fairly high percentage of motorists who passed their tests ‚back in the day‘ would struggle nowadays in getting a pass.