c***s on the road

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Apparently I’ve been a c**t on the A92. 50 in a 40 zone.

What’s my options? Fine? Speed awareness nonsense?

Fine/points/commit fraud and try blame someone else.   No speed awareness courses up here

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Go back to the stretch of road where it happened and reverse at anywhere over 10mph and you're sorted.

39 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.speedingcalculator.co.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwicoLvflZOIAxWIW0EAHfoLPXMQFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3rzHmfwGQPERdvIkSgEECi

Never used it but it'll likely give you an idea.

47 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Went past Linlithgow on the M9 today and there was temporary 40 signs for about 2 miles and everybody was ignoring them. They were obviously for roadworks, but there was no sign of work, all the roadwork/contraflow signs were turned round and none of the cones were in place, but they had decided to leave the lower speed limit signs out. even though they were next to the road work signs that had been turned round. C**ts.

3 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Went past Linlithgow on the M9 today and there was temporary 40 signs for about 2 miles and everybody was ignoring them. They were obviously for roadworks, but there was no sign of work, all the roadwork/contraflow signs were turned round and none of the cones were in place, but they had decided to leave the lower speed limit signs out. even though they were next to the road work signs that had been turned round. C**ts.

My favourite for that kind of shithousery is when they put in average speed cameras and take the speed signs down. 

2 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I passed there at 8.30 tonight, and they were just putting the cones out to close the offside lane.

4 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Sometimes they'll keep the speed limit if they are halfway working on the barriers or have temporary barriers.

Its still a dick-move to do MM for doing 50 through them. Hardly crime of the century but the authorities only go for easy targets rather than dealing with anything serious 

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Sometimes they'll keep the speed limit if they are halfway working on the barriers or have temporary barriers.

Its still a dick-move to do MM for doing 50 through them. Hardly crime of the century but the authorities only go for easy targets rather than dealing with anything serious 

Sorry but that last paragraph is just utter tripe.

Serious crime in Scotland is at a near all time low.

They still go with these antiquated stopping distances even though brakes are three times more efficient. Almost all modern vehicles can travel 10mph faster and still stop within the range in the Highway Code. 
I'm not saying to increase the speed limits, but they should increase the leeway given before nailing folks. 

Edited by Wacky

11 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Sorry but that last paragraph is just utter tripe.

Serious crime in Scotland is at a near all time low.

There's a BIG difference between the 'real' police and the traffic numpties... 

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

There's a BIG difference between the 'real' police and the traffic numpties... 

I'm guessing it was a fixed speed camera that nailed MM and not a copper but that's not my point really.

This topic is full of reasons why there should be traffic police.  

Incidentally, what's your criteria for laws that should be ignored and those that should be adhered to?

And what "leeway" should have been given in the above situation, MM was 25% over the speed limit.

Slightly OT, saw one of those fly on the wall traffic police shows the other night (don't usually but was at my folks') and some guy was doing 95 in the rain and dark while swerving all over. Got pulled over, not breathalysed and explained he was swerving because his tracking was knackered. Result- a warning. Wtf? But the one in the first half was a booking- we just want to see some consistency.