The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Big names who are past their best passing through Scottish football is just something than happens

George Best turned out for Hibs when he could be bothered. Fabrizio Ravanelli played for Dundee. I saw Roy Keane play for Celtic once

If Gerrard is the next one to pass through there will be some fuss but it’s not really going to make any real difference.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s not really the kind of ‘profile’ we need though is it.

It helps the tabloids etc sell papers but it does nothing for Scottish football more generally. If anything ‘gerrard v rodgers’ will simply serve as just another reason not to give a shit about the rest of the league.

The sooner we realise that interest from England over superficial figures like Steven Gerrard will not cure our game the better.

Absolutely spot on.

This notion that we all somehow benefit if some more people take slightly more of a passing interest in how an individual is doing, is absurd.

7 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Right, but that's contingent upon the SPFL having a UK-wide TV deal in place, which has usually been the case for the last ~20 years.  Only exception being those two years the games were on BBC Scotland (I think only the OF games were shown UK-wide), after the SPL turned down Sky and the proposal for their own channel collapsed.

Rangers having a high-profile manager doesn't change that. It maybe means that some more people will watch the games, which would increase the value of the deal, but it's hard to believe that there would be no deal at all. Especially given that the TV companies were still happy to show the games (albeit at a reduced rate) when Rangers were in the seaside leagues.

Was it a reduced rate when Rangers weren't in the top flight?

I'm not sure that it was.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What for?

I don't see a problem.

6 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I put who's instead of whose.

I'm having a mare and Monkey is right.  There was nothing wrong with your post and I made an arse of it.  Sorry..

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm having a mare and Monkey is right.  There was nothing wrong with your post and I made an arse of it.  Sorry..

Just now, Greenlantern said:

No need to apologise, I doubted myself for a second there.

weeman-kiss.jpg

7 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Okay, please get back to calling me something derogatory or I might start warming to you.

Relax, bud.  I'll post enough over the next day or two to make you despise me again.

Archived